Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
There’s an old thread about this so rather than add to it, I wanted to start another, this one especially directed to YECs. If the earth is 6,000 to 10,000 years old how can we see starlight that’s many, many light years away?
Faith, in my 20s I asked the same thing but, at 79 my spiritual faith has matured and Yahova, having limitless power can do amything. Being an infinite spirit-being, contained in a finite body, I understand from the past thirty-four years of study that I am not given to understand everything and the stars is one of those things.

Consider... we are instructed that at one point in prophecy the heavens, the skies, roll away as a scroll. We have not reached the other galaxies, so what are they... are they real? Faith has nothing to do with a building we call the church but it is essential to The Church. The Church is that small group of Believers, such as my wife, daughter and, I that unconditionally depend on our God.

Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟156,007.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We don't.
Just realized that no one sees starlight many many light years, or even one simple year, away -
if we see something, including light, it is here and now; present. Not future, and not past.
No because light travels.it goes from Point A to Point B.

Upvote 0

Derf

Aug 8, 2021
Colorado Springs
✟99,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Explain please.
No matter what photons hit your eye, they hit the eye in the present time. Those photons might have left the star a billion years ago, but you only see them as they are when they hit your eye. If something happened to them on the way, you might be able to deduce what it was, but it is still something that was in the past with respect to what you see.

Upvote 0