St. Patrick kept the 7th Day Sabbath!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea why you think I'm unitarian or arian in belief. Jesus was and is and always be God. Jesus is a part of the Trinity. And you didn't do as I asked you to do concerning Revelation 4 and 5. These 2 chapters answere once and for all very clearly that Jesus isn't the Creator. That is credited strictly to Him that sat on the Throne. And He that sat on the throne gave the book to the Lamb. They therefore can't be the same entity. This doesn't address them both being God. So there is no Trinitarian denial there. There certianly is in your doctrine though.

... What ever do you mean? You didn't consider a thing I said. We have no communication.

... Sometimes? More like often and very often by a certian group of people.

... A very big deal was made about every word of God by tazdik recently. You should consider the chapters of Revelation 4 and 5 I've pointed to concerning this.

... I understand where you're coming from on this issue. I had problemms with it for a long time. You have pronoun problems.
[highlight and emphasis added]

Listed,

The reasons are because you are clearly stating that "Jesus isn't the Creator.", what then am I to think in regards to the whole of scripture? It was clearly shown that Jesus is, indeed, "The Creator":

"John 1:3, please consider the Positive and Negative in which the way in which the structure of the sentence is given:

All things were made by him
; and without him was not any thing made that was made. John 1:3

[1]
"all things" were "made by him" [that is the Word; Jesus] - positive structure

[2]
"without him" [that is the Word; Jesus] "was not anything made" that "was made" - negative structure

Christ Jesus is a person, even as the Father and the Holy Spirit are persons. Thus plurality working in absolute harmonious unity. God is love.

For
by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they be] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: Colossians 1:6

For [in] six days
the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. Exodus 20:11

Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and
worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters. Revelation 14:7

Jesus is YHVH [LORD] [the Son].

Please allow me to add, a further context of John, since He was the one that wrote Revelation:

He was in the world
, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. John 1:10"

If "Jesus isn't the Creator", as you are saying, then this automatically makes him less than God, no matter what else is further claimed, and therefore stems from an arian understanding, though may not be completely arian.

You asked me to read and consider Revelation 4 and 5, and I have, as was stated earlier, and in reply I answered with passages from the Gospel of John [who being the same author of Revelation, and is not contradictive], showing quite clearly that Jesus is indeed, "the Creator" of "all things" even. Even as was given in the multitude of links, on Christ Jesus being God and Creator:

http://www.christianforums.com/t7641630-19/#post60115600

For apparently nothing was read of those posts which was suggested on the subject, for in them it clearly shows that Jesus is the Creator from Genesis to Revelation:

"Question: Who is the Husband?

For thy Maker [is] thine husband; the LORD of hosts [is] his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called. Isaiah 54:5

For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Ephesians 5:23

For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present [you as] a chaste virgin to Christ. 2 Corinthians 11:2

And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bridechamber mourn, as long as the bridegroom is with them? but the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken from them, and then shall they fast. Matthew 9:15

etc..."

Then it was stated I have "pronoun problems", and yet John chapter 1, is quite clear, in that He [Jesus] was "in the world" [He who "dwelt among us"], and the "world was made by Him", even that "He came unto His own", the very people that He took out for Himself as a peculiar people.

If "Jesus isn't the Creator", then you have no hope of being recreated by Him, for He is "the Resurrection and the Life", and it will be He [Jesus] that will "create new Heavens and a new earth".

Even Paul is quite clear in many places, for instance in the Book of Hebrews:

Hath in these last days spoken unto us by [his] Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; Hebrews 1:2

But unto the Son [he saith], Thy throne, O God, [is] for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness [is] the sceptre of thy kingdom. Hebrews 1:8

And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands: Hebrews 1:10

Also see:

And to make all [men] see what [is] the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: Ephesians 3:9

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they be] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: Colossians 1:16

Revelation 4 and 5 do not take anything away from Jesus being the Creator, but reveal that God the Father [even elsewhere also the Holy Spirit], in unison with the Son, created, thus every word of God is pure, and true and "cannot be broken". For notice that Jesus is coming to the Father in this scene as the head of all men, the kinsman redeemer, for earlier it is said, when looking for one who was to open the scroll [inheritance of all], "no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon". Yet, Christ Jesus, is worthy, "the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof", and "Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof", and "Worthy is the Lamb" and they receive "worship", and only "the Creator" is to receive "worship" Exodus 20:2-17; Revelation 14:7.

So, again, even from Genesis, unto Revelation, we have "Let us", "our".

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
[highlight and emphasis added]

Listed,

The reasons are because you are clearly stating that "Jesus isn't the Creator.", what then am I to think in regards to the whole of scripture? It was clearly shown that Jesus is, indeed, "The Creator":

"John 1:3, please consider the Positive and Negative in which the way in which the structure of the sentence is given:

All things were made by him ; and without him was not any thing made that was made. John 1:3

[1] "all things" were "made by him" [that is the Word; Jesus] - positive structure

[2] "without him" [that is the Word; Jesus] "was not anything made" that "was made" - negative structure

Christ Jesus is a person, even as the Father and the Holy Spirit are persons. Thus plurality working in absolute harmonious unity. God is love.

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they be] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: Colossians 1:6

For [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. Exodus 20:11

Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters. Revelation 14:7

Jesus is YHVH [LORD] [the Son].

Please allow me to add, a further context of John, since He was the one that wrote Revelation:

He was in the world , and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. John 1:10"

If "Jesus isn't the Creator", as you are saying, then this automatically makes him less than God, no matter what else is further claimed, and therefore stems from an arian understanding, though may not be completely arian.

You asked me to read and consider Revelation 4 and 5, and I have, as was stated earlier, and in reply I answered with passages from the Gospel of John [who being the same author of Revelation, and is not contradictive], showing quite clearly that Jesus is indeed, "the Creator" of "all things" even. Even as was given in the multitude of links, on Christ Jesus being God and Creator:

http://www.christianforums.com/t7641630-19/#post60115600

For apparently nothing was read of those posts which was suggested on the subject, for in them it clearly shows that Jesus is the Creator from Genesis to Revelation:

"Question: Who is the Husband?

For thy Maker [is] thine husband; the LORD of hosts [is] his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called. Isaiah 54:5

For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Ephesians 5:23

For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present [you as] a chaste virgin to Christ. 2 Corinthians 11:2

And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bridechamber mourn, as long as the bridegroom is with them? but the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken from them, and then shall they fast. Matthew 9:15

etc..."

Then it was stated I have "pronoun problems", and yet John chapter 1, is quite clear, in that He [Jesus] was "in the world" [He who "dwelt among us"], and the "world was made by Him", even that "He came unto His own", the very people that He took out for Himself as a peculiar people.

If "Jesus isn't the Creator", then you have no hope of being recreated by Him, for He is "the Resurrection and the Life", and it will be He [Jesus] that will "create new Heavens and a new earth".

Even Paul is quite clear in many places, for instance in the Book of Hebrews:

Hath in these last days spoken unto us by [his] Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; Hebrews 1:2

But unto the Son [he saith], Thy throne, O God, [is] for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness [is] the sceptre of thy kingdom. Hebrews 1:8

And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands: Hebrews 1:10

Also see:

And to make all [men] see what [is] the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: Ephesians 3:9

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they be] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: Colossians 1:16

Revelation 4 and 5 do not take anything away from Jesus being the Creator, but reveal that God the Father [even elsewhere also the Holy Spirit], in unison with the Son, created, thus every word of God is pure, and true and "cannot be broken". For notice that Jesus is coming to the Father in this scene as the head of all men, the kinsman redeemer, for earlier it is said, when looking for one who was to open the scroll [inheritance of all], "no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon". Yet, Christ Jesus, is worthy, "the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof", and "Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof", and "Worthy is the Lamb" and they receive "worship", and only "the Creator" is to receive "worship" Exodus 20:2-17; Revelation 14:7.

So, again, even from Genesis, unto Revelation, we have "Let us", "our".
Look your argument isn't with me. I presented some Scripture and you want to disagree based only on your ideas. :cool: When you want to look sincerecly at the Scripture please let me know. Yep we're both supporting our ideas. We each say ours is correct. The sad truth is one of us isn't. I consider the effects of what you say as it relates to your total over all theology and it comes up lacking. You act like theology isn't so intertwined that one thing doesn't affect another. This sadly isn't true. Your use of words and phrases is interchanged to the point of being meaningless. It is called the SDA code.

Upvote 0
The pro grace person isn't lawless and wayward as accused. They have a very different law they submit to as pointed out in Jer 31:31-33. That law is the law of liberty also known as the the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus. Nothing about the law of Moses or the ten commandments. The Christian doesn't answer to the law.

The Christian has already passed the judgement and entered into life per John 5:24.
Only if we "abide", "endure", "continue in", "remain", "bear fruit", etc.

The Law of Liberty comes from James [Jacob] [Royal Law of Liberty] who was citing the Psalms, specifically the Psalms 119, the Psalm of the Law of God:

And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts. Psalms 119:45

Even Paul understood this:

For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only [use] not liberty
for an occasion to the flesh
, but by love serve one another. Galatians 5:13

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are [these]; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Galatians 5:19

Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Galatians 5:20

Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told [you] in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:21

Also:

Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. (Romans 8:21)

Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord [is], there [is] liberty. (2 Corinthians 3:17)

Why? because the Holy Spirit will lead one into obedience, not transgression, therefore Liberty, not bondage.

...in Fact the Ten Commandments begin with Grace and Liberty:

I [am] the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Exodus 20:2

Sin [transgression of the Law; 1 John 3:4] is the bondage and death the result of sin.

For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and [in] the bond of iniquity. Acts 8:23

Peter understood:

While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage. 2 Peter 2:19

There are many passages speaking of this "liberty" from sin and death, even as it was quoted by Christ Jesus at the beginning of His ministry [citing Isaiah].

Notice:

[28.]
God is LIBERTY - [Isaiah 61:1]
His law is LIBERTY - [James 1:25; Psalms 119:45]

THE MORAL CHARACTER OF GOD AND HIS LAW:
[Quoted and Adapted from: "CAN PERSECUTION ARISE IN AMERICA?"; S. A. KAPLAN; PUBLISHED FOR THE RELIGIOUS LIBERTY ASSOCIATION; WASHINGTON, D.C. 20012; BY THE REVIEW AND HERALD PUBLISHING ASSOCIATION; WASHINGTON, DC 1967] - http://www.bible-sabbath.com/Sabbath-Sunday/CanPersecutionAriseInAmerica.pdf

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Sometimes? More like often and very often by a certian group of people.
Who will remain anonymous....at least for now :p

Upvote 0

Lysimachus

Vindicating our Historic Biblical Foundations
Dec 21, 2010
✟9,605.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private

The Law of Liberty comes from James [Jacob] [Royal Law of Liberty] who was citing the Psalms, specifically the Psalms 119, the Psalm of the Law of God:

for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another. Galatians 5:13

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are [these]; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Galatians 5:19

Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Galatians 5:20

Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told [you] in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:21

Also:

Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. (Romans 8:21)

Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord [is], there [is] liberty. (2 Corinthians 3:17)

Why? because the Holy Spirit will lead one into obedience, not transgression, therefore Liberty, not bondage.

I [am] the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Exodus 20:2

Sin [transgression of the Law; 1 John 3:4] is the bondage and death the result of sin.

For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and [in] the bond of iniquity. Acts 8:23

Peter understood:

While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage. 2 Peter 2:19

There are many passages speaking of this "liberty" from sin and death, even as it was quoted by Christ Jesus at the beginning of His ministry [citing Isaiah].

Notice:

[28.]

[Quoted and Adapted from: "CAN PERSECUTION ARISE IN AMERICA?"; S. A. KAPLAN; PUBLISHED FOR THE RELIGIOUS LIBERTY ASSOCIATION; WASHINGTON, D.C. 20012; BY THE REVIEW AND HERALD PUBLISHING ASSOCIATION; WASHINGTON, DC 1967] - http://www.bible-sabbath.com/Sabbath-Sunday/CanPersecutionAriseInAmerica.pdfhttp://www.bible-sabbath.com/Sabbath-Sunday/CanPersecutionAriseInAmerica.pdfhttp://www.bible-sabbath.com/Sabbath-Sunday/CanPersecutionAriseInAmerica.pdfhttp://www.bible-sabbath.com/Sabbath-Sunday/CanPersecutionAriseInAmerica.pdfhttp://www.bible-sabbath.com/Sabbath-Sunday/CanPersecutionAriseInAmerica.pdf

The more I read your posts, the more I'm thankful to God for leading me to this truth and become a true Sabbath-keeping Christian. Thank you "3 Angels Messages".

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Also:

Peter understood:

Notice:

[28.]

[Quoted and Adapted from: "CAN PERSECUTION ARISE IN AMERICA?"; S. A. KAPLAN; PUBLISHED FOR THE RELIGIOUS LIBERTY ASSOCIATION; WASHINGTON, D.C. 20012; BY THE REVIEW AND HERALD PUBLISHING ASSOCIATION; WASHINGTON, DC 1967] - http://www.bible-sabbath.com/Sabbath-Sunday/CanPersecutionAriseInAmerica.pdfhttp://www.bible-sabbath.com/Sabbath-Sunday/CanPersecutionAriseInAmerica.pdfhttp://www.bible-sabbath.com/Sabbath-Sunday/CanPersecutionAriseInAmerica.pdfhttp://www.bible-sabbath.com/Sabbath-Sunday/CanPersecutionAriseInAmerica.pdfhttp://www.bible-sabbath.com/Sabbath-Sunday/CanPersecutionAriseInAmerica.pdf
The Spirit doesn't lead us to sin or to the law. Gal 5:18 says if we are led by the Spirit we're not led by the law. This means the person led by the Spirit isn't obligated to or by the law - are not under the law.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
The Spirit doesn't lead us to sin or to the law. Gal 5:18 says if we are led by the Spirit we're not led by the law. This means the person led by the Spirit isn't obligated to or by the law - are not under the law.

What do you think "under the law" means according to scripture?

How did you know you were a sinner that needed the Saviour?

Upvote 0
That is net effect of what your church teaches isn't it?

For precept [must be] upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, [and] there a little: Isaiah 28:10

Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples. Isaiah 8:16

To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, [it is] because [there is] no light in them. Isaiah 8:20 [look at the context that this is in]

Upvote 0

TruthWave7

Feb 23, 2011
USA
✟1,519.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Those who follow the leading of the Spirit aren't under (subject or obligated to) the law according to my verse. It is true that one who follows the leading of the Spirit is in harmony with God's laws placed in one's heart. These laws of God aren't the covenant or part of the covenant issued at Sinai per Jer 31::31-33. I don't care how you twist it.

Please list, definitely, the Laws of God that are written in your heart?

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What do you think "under the law" means according to scripture?

How did you know you were a sinner that needed the Saviour?
Haven't stated it enought for you to get the message. Do you expect me to say something else? Why?

Cause somebody (a Sweet lady Mrs Haygood with a real genuine burden for the lost ministering to children) said I needed a Saviour.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
For precept [must be] upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, [and] there a little: Isaiah 28:10

Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples. Isaiah 8:16

To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, [it is] because [there is] no light in them. Isaiah 8:20 [look at the context that this is in]
This response is nothing more than general non related nonsense that avoids answering the question posed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Also:

Peter understood:

Notice:

[28.]

[Quoted and Adapted from: "CAN PERSECUTION ARISE IN AMERICA?"; S. A. KAPLAN; PUBLISHED FOR THE RELIGIOUS LIBERTY ASSOCIATION; WASHINGTON, D.C. 20012; BY THE REVIEW AND HERALD PUBLISHING ASSOCIATION; WASHINGTON, DC 1967] - http://www.bible-sabbath.com/Sabbath-Sunday/CanPersecutionAriseInAmerica.pdf
Ps Ps 119:45 says nothing about the law or even a law.

How does one use the law for an occasion to the flesh? Isn't occasion to the flesh sin as listed in the chapter? Where does Paul say or imply that transgression is of the law in Chapter 5? Yes I certianly understand how you say these thing are only violations of the law. You already forgot what was said in Chapter 3 and Romans 5. Shame, shame. The real problem is Paul isn't applying the law (specifically the ten commandments) here.

What is the bondage of corruption in Romans 8? Paul has already made the case twice that we're not under, subject or obligated to the law in chapters 6 and 7. He isn't talking about the law of Moses in 8 either. Read the first few verses of the chapter. The mention of something doesn't change the subject.

What does the Spirit lead one to? The law? No Gal 5:18. I wonder why II Cor 3:17 doesn't say where the law of the Lord is there is liberty? It says exactly what you quoted where the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty. Nothing about the law.

We are talking two different kinds of bondage. You're calling physical slavery spiritual bondage. Simply not so.

If that is true then why do you wish us to serve the law?

You can perceive that I'm in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity all you wish. This is an out of place uncalled for slam and against the rules here. The verse has nothing to do with the discussion.

Why do you seek to perform your quote of II Pet 2:19? The only other possibility is you're using it against me for condemnation and manipulation.

You're absolutely harilous calling the law of Moses liberty with James.

Upvote 0
Ps Ps 119:45 says nothing about the law or even a law....

Listed,

Please consider the whole context of Psalms 119:

ALEPH. Blessed [are] the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD. Psalms 119:1

And just one verse previous to Psalms 119:45 is vs 44:

So shall I keep thy law continually for ever and ever. Psalms 119:44

Therefore contextually speaking, "The Law of the LORD" is the "law of Liberty" that James [Jacob] cites:

See James [Jacob]:

But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth [therein], he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed. James 1:25

So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty. James 2:12

In fact, in the Book of James [Jacob] itself, he clearly identifies aspects of the Ten Commandments when speaking of this "law of liberty". Please let me know if you are interested in seeing this. Thank you.

Upvote 0
Haven't stated it enought for you to get the message. Do you expect me to say something else? Why?

Cause somebody (a Sweet lady Mrs Haygood with a real genuine burden for the lost ministering to children) said I needed a Saviour.

Please restate for the benefit of all in regards to the first, thank you.

As to the second, what was Her reason for telling others that they needed a Saviour? Why did she need the Saviour, and Salvation from what?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.