Visit site
✟20,668.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
GraceMercyPeace said:
I was wondering the same thing myself.

gzt, help an old lady out here. What means this???

He might be referring to a geological anomaly of some sort... I remember in Grand Cayman they have a place nicknamed "H-ll" because there's this strange formation of black rocks and some kind of smoke or steam coming up from them--it calls to mind a certain unsatisfactory afterlife which must not be named.

Upvote 0

jameseb

Smite me, O Mighty Smiter!
Mar 3, 2004
North Little Rock, AR
✟117,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Photini said:
Is that Florida in your background? Add a huge thundercloud and rain and it would look just about right. :)

No, that is Fantasy Island in my background... unfortunately Tattoo looks like a parrot. ;)

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Matrona said:
He might be referring to a geological anomaly of some sort... I remember in Grand Cayman they have a place nicknamed "H-ll" because there's this strange formation of black rocks and some kind of smoke or steam coming up from them--it calls to mind a certain unsatisfactory afterlife which must not be named.

I was studying for my GRE and it was saying that Hades is a perfectly good substitute for the other "h" word.

Unless, unless, the mods think that we are trying to get around the censor????

Is the other "h" word banned here? I don't want to try it and trigger it. :D

I use condemnation and it doesn't trigger the censor, but almost implies the same thing as the "d" word. The major difference is that:

A man can be condemned to death but still be saved in the end if he repents, but the other word implies an eternal loss of his salvation.

My priest uses it ... saying to people who should not receive Holy Communion ...

"It would be unto your condemnation if you partake of the Chalice unworthily."

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
choirfiend said:
So the text censor does not exist! Experiment successful.

What do you mean?

If we deliberately use $ in words to circumvent the censer or we use the * in a word to obscure (just a tad) what we really mean to say, then we could earn a warning here at CF.

Use of obscenities can also earn a warning.

But my question is, at CF,

Can we use the "h" word to refer to a state or place that is unbearably hot and where the devils exist?

Can we use the "d" word to refer to the eternal condemnation which will be the lot of those who reject Christ and His holy Church?

Upvote 0

gzt

The age of the Earth is 4.54 ± 0.07 billion years
Jul 14, 2004
Abolish ICE
Visit site
✟118,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Smoking rocks, of course, refers to burning charcoal... No, I live right by a very bad neighborhood and the phrase just sounds great, so whenever I get paid I make jokes about smoking rocks. It's immature, ja, but I'm a young fool.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
gzt said:
Smoking rocks, of course, refers to burning charcoal... No, I live right by a very bad neighborhood and the phrase just sounds great, so whenever I get paid I make jokes about smoking rocks. It's immature, ja, but I'm a young fool.

Don't say it in public or there might be a narc listening or you might give scandal.

Upvote 0

RobNJ

So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish!
Aug 22, 2004
✟166,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Aria said:
What do you mean?

If we deliberately use $ in words to circumvent the censer or we use the * in a word to obscure (just a tad) what we really mean to say, then we could earn a warning here at CF.

Can we use the "h" word to refer to a state or place that is unbearably hot and where the devils exist?

Can we use the "d" word to refer to the eternal condemnation which will be the lot of those who reject Christ and His holy Church?

D-as long as your referring to the state, not directing it to an individual
H- as long as your not directing someone there;)

For legitimate eschatological discussions, NOT (I REPEAT, NOT) editorial comments... referring to hell, and those who reside there as the damned is allowed (as far as I know, and IF there are no asterisks in this post) Just don't abuse it, we should be fine

Reactions: MariaRegina
Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
RobNJ said:
D-as long as your referring to the state, not directing it to an individual
H- as long as your not directing someone there;)

For legitimate eschatological discussions, NOT (I REPEAT, NOT) editorial comments... referring to hell, and those who reside there as the damned is allowed (as far as I know, and IF there are no asterisks in this post) Just don't abuse it, we should be fine

Thanks Rob! :groupray:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Photini

Gone.
Jun 24, 2003
✟18,808.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Aria said:
What do you mean?

I'm pretty sure hell is an okay word to use, because I see it all the time in GA. I think damn is too.

Upvote 0

RobNJ

So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish!
Aug 22, 2004
✟166,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
choirfiend said:
Yea, I wrote those words too and found no asterisks...experiement successful!

Just remember- intent & context COULD be the difference between allowable & me getting out the baseball bat!!;)

Upvote 0

jameseb

Smite me, O Mighty Smiter!
Mar 3, 2004
North Little Rock, AR
✟117,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Photini said:
:) Florida is definitely not Fantasy Island. I've got some names for it....but "fantasy" is nowhere in them.

That's why you need to move back to the heartland. ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.