United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Aria said:
I get sick with an allergic reaction whenever I smell the indicator used to trace natural gas. So, the Gas Company suggested that I work for them to locate gas leaks. No thanks - it would take me three days to get over that. They have their trucks. :D

lol :D

You know, now that you mention "gas," my headache is probalby the result of helping my brother stain his wooden floors the past three days. Ugh, I need some BC Powder.

Upvote 0

jameseb

Smite me, O Mighty Smiter!
Mar 3, 2004
North Little Rock, AR
✟116,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Aria said:
I asked for muscle shirts for the men; however, you would have to look like the terminator ... oops ... the Governator (Arnold himself).

They are now available under generic pants and shirts.

How groovy! :D I'll have to check them out, thank you :)

Upvote 0

Matrona

Lady Godiva Freedom Rider
Aug 17, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟20,668.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
jameseb said:

You know, now that you mention "gas," my headache is probalby the result of helping my brother stain his wooden floors the past three days. Ugh, I need some BC Powder.

Should have cracked a window. Those fumes are nasty.

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
jameseb said:

That does make sense. Do you have lemons around so that you can make lemon juice to cleanse your liver. Use one lemon (meyers) to one quart of water - no sugar.

My hubbie got bad headaches working around solvents (in the stain) and glues. He came down with chemical hepatitis and part of that was severe headaches and brown urine.

PLease take care.

Upvote 0

jameseb

Smite me, O Mighty Smiter!
Mar 3, 2004
North Little Rock, AR
✟116,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Matrona said:
Should have cracked a window. Those fumes are nasty.

We did, and wore masks too, especially when using the polyurethane to finish the floors with. Problem is that I still would take my mask off every once in a while to get a drink... we had the air turned off and its very hot down here in the South. We also evacuated his cats to my house... of course my cat didn't appreciate that very much.

Aria said:
That does make sense. Do you have lemons around so that you can make lemon juice to cleanse your liver. Use one lemon (meyers) to one quart of water - no sugar.

My hubbie got bad headaches working around solvents (in the stain) and glues. He came down with chemical hepatitis and part of that was severe headaches and brown urine.

PLease take care.

Lemons? Hmm, I never heard of that, but I'll try it out. :) I don't have any, but I need to buy some groceries anyway... maybe later if my headache subsides.

Wow, well I hope your husband is alright now! I had no idea the fumes could be so bad. :eek:

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
jameseb said:
We did, and wore masks too, especially when using the polyurethane to finish the floors with. Problem is that I still would take my mask off every once in a while to get a drink... we had the air turned off and its very hot down here in the South. We also evacuated his cats to my house... of course my cat didn't appreciate that very much.

Lemons? Hmm, I never heard of that, but I'll try it out. :) I don't have any, but I need to buy some groceries anyway... maybe later if my headache subsides.

Wow, well I hope your husband is alright now! I had no idea the fumes could be so bad. :eek:

My hubbie is okay now ... but very careful around any solvents. And he drinks his lemon water daily or gets those Emergen C lemon packets from Trader Joes.

Upvote 0

Matrona

Lady Godiva Freedom Rider
Aug 17, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟20,668.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Oh yes, I bought mangers for my babies today. :) They hang on the side of the cage and the littles can eat their hay and veggies out of the wire openings. I got tired of them knocking so much hay down under the wire floor where it's contaminated and therefore wasted.

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Dear Momzilla:

Do you think he's really ready?

If you put the diapers back on him, then he might be more ready the next time. Now that he's had a taste of freedom, putting those diapers back on him will be upsetting and he will beg you to take them off. Then he might be more open to changing his behavior ... like my son.

I put those toddler padded pants on my son and he was so delighted to be wearing "big boy pants", that he never wanted to wear those "baby dds" again.

Upvote 0

Greg the byzantine

have mercy on me
Site Supporter
Jan 21, 2005
✟56,796.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I hate power outs. I had one for 3 hours this afternoon. It was one of those ones done purposely by Conedison(electrical company) to cut down on use. What they have done here in NYC is that there are two electrical lines running into each house. If they feel that the system might overload they do what is called a phase 1 outage where they close one of the lines, leaving half of every house without electricity. It's kind of creepy when you go into one room and the lights are working but the t.v. wont turn on, and one half the appliances work.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.