Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Stephanida said:
I have bathed kittens.

I had to bathe a batch of 6 kittens once - one at a time to help get rid of any fleas and dirt. Oh the dirt. As I was bathing one my son was drying another. We wrapped them in towels like swaddling infants and then petted their heads to calm them.

Their mom had given birth outside somewhere. :eek: And we have coyotes, possums, skunks, and raccoons out here. Those prey would have made a tasty meal out of our kittens had I not rescued them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Photini said:
We had ferrets when I was a kid. They were funny in water. Even funnier when you take them out and they are drying their fur. They go absolutely wild---running around and rolling all over the place.

Do they like water ... I mean swim in it?

Or are ferrets like domestic cats who absolutely lothe water (except to drink).

Upvote 0

Matrona

Lady Godiva Freedom Rider
Aug 17, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟20,668.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Stephanida said:
I have bathed kittens.

One at a time I hope? :)

I had to give Anna a bath because I hadn't changed her litter box and it was a mess and had made a mess out of her fur. So I filled a bucket with lukewarm water and dipped her hiney in it, scrubbed off the icky, then dried her off with a soft towel. I had to keep one hand on her forehead, otherwise she would have leapt away, probably scratching and biting me in the process. One time she bit my ear through the cartilage, so I don't bathe either of my rabbits unless they really, really need it.

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Photini said:
I bathed a grown cat once, to get rid of fleas. My arms looked like I had gone through a thorn bush.

I wore an old coat - thick padding and gloves. The first one did bite me, so I covered up.

I had to soak my thumb in hot Epsom salt water every few hours for 3 days. Boy, was that painful. The kitten bit me on the thumb right down to my bone. Talk about sharp teeth.

Upvote 0

Matrona

Aug 17, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟20,668.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Photini said:
I bathed a grown cat once, to get rid of fleas. My arms looked like I had gone through a thorn bush.

One time my mom tried to bathe our cat, and the cat ended up climbing up on top of her head! She was so mad at Sassy and swore she'd never try to bathe her again. But she has bad allergies so we ended up having to bathe her once in a while. She doesn't mind it as much as long as someone is talking to her sweetly.

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Matrona said:
One at a time I hope? :)

I had to give Anna a bath because I hadn't changed her litter box and it was a mess and had made a mess out of her fur. So I filled a bucket with lukewarm water and dipped her hiney in it, scrubbed off the icky, then dried her off with a soft towel. I had to keep one hand on her forehead, otherwise she would have leapt away, probably scratching and biting me in the process. One time she bit my ear through the cartilage, so I don't bathe either of my rabbits unless they really, really need it.

How in the world did she bite your ear?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Matrona said:
One time my mom tried to bathe our cat, and the cat ended up climbing up on top of her head! She was so mad at Sassy and swore she'd never try to bathe her again. But she has bad allergies so we ended up having to bathe her once in a while. She doesn't mind it as much as long as someone is talking to her sweetly.

OKay, who is "she".

Does your mom have allergies, or the cat? lol

I had a dog with allergies to corn.

My course in Semantics and Syntax is showing.

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Did you hear the good news about cat dander allergies?

Research has discovered that if you take a washcloth soaked in warm water and then squeeze the water out, this can be used to pet the cat. The cat will enjoy it and you will not suffer allergies as much. In fact, if the "bathing" with a wet washcloth was done daily, the incidence of human allergic reactions was almost nil. The cat was healthier also.

Upvote 0

Matrona

Aug 17, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟20,668.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Aria said:
I wore an old coat - thick padding and gloves.

My parents use cowhide gloves when dealing with Anna. I don't need to use gloves, though, because she is familiar with me. My parents were utterly shocked when they saw I could pick Anna up without being raked to pieces by her claws.

Upvote 0

Matrona

Aug 17, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟20,668.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Aria said:
How in the world did she bite your ear?

Anna decided that her only escape from the Washcloth of Doom was by climbing up me and leaping off of my shoulder. I wouldn't let her jump so she bit me on the top of my ear to teach me a lesson.

Upvote 0

Matrona

Aug 17, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟20,668.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Aria said:
OKay, who is "she".

Does your mom have allergies, or the cat? lol

I had a dog with allergies to corn.

My course in Semantics and Syntax is showing.
The cat. :D

Sassy (big fat longhair calico cat) needs a cortisone shot every so often, otherwise she gets flaky skin and she gnaws herself raw around the base of her tail.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.