St. Euphrosynos Taverna and Ouzeri 44 (5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobNJ

So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish!
Aug 22, 2004
✟166,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just stopped in myself.

Can anyone get my cat down off the rafters? She's afraid of all the thunder today and hid herself up there. :p

Mine sits on the windowsill, looking out at thunderstorms.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Mine sits on the windowsill, looking out at thunderstorms.

Mine only recently became terrified of storms. She used to go in my daughter's bathroom and huddle between the toilet and the sink. Now she will get at the end of the sofa and huddle on the floor below the arm of the furniture.

I really dislike it when we have overnight lightning storms. She bounces across me while I try to sleep. She's afraid to be away from me, but afraid to stay still either. Normally she never bothers me when I'm asleep.

Upvote 0

MilesVitae

Nov 12, 2012
Massachusetts, New England
✟9,880.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm partial to the Ommegang Three Philosophers Ale, myself :D

Ah, yes, I actually have had that, but it was a while ago (and, perhaps, not technically legal at the time......), so I don't remember it too well. I just tried their Rare Vos. I'm a fan :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Was a duplicate cat day for me.

My cat HATES other cats. Except my daughter's cat. They are friends, or they tolerate each other, depends on the day.

And I just started letting them go outside, since we have a high board fence and they finally stay in the yard.

So today I was scrubbing some stuff, and looked up to see my cat and my daughter's cat meet each other in the yard, sniff each other's faces, and do a long meet-and-greet. They do that sometimes. Looked back at what I was scrubbing. Glanced across the yard, and saw my cat laying in the grass, watching the other two. Wait, what???

My daughter's cat apparently has a girlfriend now. I had to chase her away - I don't need kitty drama, and I also don't vaccinate my cat because of health issues.

My cats now understand that a board fence can be climbed by a cat, and I had to put my daughter's cat back on the porch where he yowled for two hours because he wanted to visit again, and I had to chase the other cat away again when she reappeared on the fence.

My cats are spayed/neutered by the way. My daughter's cat is just friendly.

Maybe the other cat will chase away the darn squirrel that is raiding my tomatoes. I had one almost ripe finally - found it on the ground half-gnawed through today.

At least today was interesting. I'm used to many animal escapades from my little farm, and I miss them all.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
tomato eating squirrel? I've never heard of that before...get a live trap - worked for my raccoon problem.

They were telling me at church a few weeks ago that aound here they tell me they eat everything. This one eats GREEN tomatoes. If she waited for them to get ripe, I'd at least stand a chance of getting some, lol.

I wonder if animal control lends out live traps. Some places they do. I heard pepper solution sprayed on the garden works, going to try that too.

It's a mama squirrel - all I need is her teaching her babies to do it. :p

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
If they start raiding my garden they will find themselves fricasseed with some of my carrots. :D

Ah, well, I did not want to upset anyone by mentioning the unfortunate fact that our air rifle is out of commission, and nothing else is legal to use this close to other houses.

My grandma made an excellent squirrel stew. :yum:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Squirrels will eat tomatoes for the water inside. when I grow them I often find tomatoes with a bite or two taken out, and most of the liquid gone from the inside.

Really???

Well, I wonder if that can be the case. I have seen her sitting in a tree gnawing one, but usually it is just partially eaten, sometimes only a single bite.

Well, I'll put out water for her then. If that's all she wants. I'd rather make it easier on her if it can save my tomatoes.

Thanks!!!

Upvote 0

RKO

Oct 27, 2011
✟41,071.00
Faith
Catholic
Really???

Well, I wonder if that can be the case. I have seen her sitting in a tree gnawing one, but usually it is just partially eaten, sometimes only a single bite.

Well, I'll put out water for her then. If that's all she wants. I'd rather make it easier on her if it can save my tomatoes.

Thanks!!!

You can try putting water out, but squirrels usually get water from juicy vegetation. So that may or may not help save your tomatoes.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
You can try putting water out, but squirrels usually get water from juicy vegetation. So that may or may not help save your tomatoes.

Oh, darn, lol.

Well, I have seen them trying to drink from water sources. But that was winter. So you may be right. It's worth a try at least.

Otherwise its days are probably numbered one way or another. ;)

Then we'll probably have 50 more move in and try to get the tomatoes.

Upvote 0

RKO

Oct 27, 2011
✟41,071.00
Faith
Catholic
Oh, darn, lol.

Well, I have seen them trying to drink from water sources. But that was winter. So you may be right. It's worth a try at least.

Otherwise its days are probably numbered one way or another. ;)

Then we'll probably have 50 more move in and try to get the tomatoes.

they absolutely will drink from a pan or a puddle or whatever. But they know the fruits and veggies that have a lot of water too. whatever is easiest and safest for them is what they'll do.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.