St. Euphrosynos Taverna and Ouzeri 44 (5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
bummer, a similar thing happened to me. I took and passed the Pashto language test, and then a week later they told me that I would be doing artillery during deployment and that I would not be an American terp. the really funny thing is that we went and did partnership with the local Afghan army to train them, and they still kept me as artillery.

funny military

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,178,455.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
(ends effort to save Taverna)
Taverna would likely be winding down for Lent anyway. In Greece, some tavernas did shut down over Lent. It just wasn't worth their while to stay open for the reduced trade. Greece may have a lot of problems, but things like that always left me with a good impression.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Mississippi is a very interesting place. Turns out that whole "Southern Hospitality" thing is not a myth at all!

(ends effort to save Taverna)

found that out when I came to Ft Campbell. there is a massive Greek Church in Nashville as well, so combining Greek hospitality with Southern hospitality makes for one potentially fat ArmyMatt

Upvote 0

nestoj

Feb 14, 2007
Niš
✟11,731.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
found that out when I came to Ft Campbell. there is a massive Greek Church in Nashville as well, so combining Greek hospitality with Southern hospitality makes for one potentially fat ArmyMatt
So, there is such a thing as too much kindness. :)

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
So, there is such a thing as too much kindness. :)

only if your belly can't hold it all in. fortunately for me, I am like a human gulper eel (especially when it comes to Greek food).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.