• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

St. Euphrosynos Taverna and Ouzeri 37

Discussion in 'The Ancient Way - Eastern Orthodox' started by -Kyriaki-, Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Photini

Photini Gone.

+523
    Seeker
    Married
    I wish my cats wouldn't fight all the time. It's annoying. :sigh:

2. Kreikkalainen

Kreikkalainen You can't spell or pronounce me

+60
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    :wave:

Back from Russia. Friends' wedding went well, that is, they managed to get married & I managed not to drop the crown on the bridegroom's head :D. I also managed not to get arrested despite setting off the alarm system in the Peterburgsky Metro :p.

Will have to go back at some point. St Petersburg has so much to see that you can't cover half of them in a weekend, even more so with the wedding & reception & party & subsequent necessary recovery time :).

3. Khaleas

Khaleas Also known as Jenn the Finn :)

+331
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    US-Republican
    So what did you think about the escalators... My priest went to seminary in St Petersburg and he said they are so long you have plenty of time to think through all your sins... The steepness was just crazy...but you do feel like you're going down forever.

4. Kreikkalainen

+60
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Yes, the underground is built ridiculously deep. But somehow it fitted nicely with my view of Russia as the Land of Exaggeration-beyond-Exaggeration :p so I wasn't very surprised.

5. Michael G

Michael G Abe Frohmann

+10,808
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican
    You should see the constant 3 on 1 that goes on in my house. 3 older dogs vs. 1 puppy, at all times. The older English Toys simply refuse to admit the Cocker Spaniel Puppy into their pack, and I get the sheer joy of listening to it all!

6. Photini

Photini Gone.

+523
    Seeker
    Married
    When I read this my cats started fighting again. ^_^

7. Michael G

Michael G Abe Frohmann

+10,808
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican
    Hey all, the store that sells wood for turning is going out of business so I bought a TON of exotic hardwood bowl blanks! I think I bought about 25, so now I have plenty of wood for making all kinds of cool bowls on my lathe! WOOHOO!

8. Michael G

Michael G Abe Frohmann

+10,808
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican
    I see what effect I have on your cats! :sorry:

9. Photini

Photini Gone.

+523
    Seeker
    Married
    /tip toes in with a can of bug spray...

I'll just put this over here on the shelf. Just in case.

10. ikonographics

ikonographics In patience I waited patiently on the Lord

+445
    Greece
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    After months of bureaucracy I'm finally registered for my doctorate:clap:

11. Michael G

Michael G Abe Frohmann

+10,808
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican
    :clap::clap::clap:

12. Kreikkalainen

+60
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Congratulations. Getting past the bureaucracy can be harder than doing the actual work for the doctorate :p.

13. nutroll

nutroll Veteran

+1,188
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    I just finished drinking a really tasty anonymous beer that mysteriously appeared in my briefcase.

14. ClementofRome

ClementofRome Spelunking the most ancient caves of Xianity

+108
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    NICE! Wish one would appear in mine from time to time! ;)

15. Philothei

Philothei Love never fails

+2,633
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Hey y'all I am sure you talk about Greece.. Be there done that... that is why DH went to England... to avoid the bureaucracy...too much to deal with as Greeks are notorious about their paperwork... hehehe...

Well Julia congratulations the trouble is over the fun just began...;) who is your advisor? Fr. Metal? or Mr. Fill ;)..... My DH knows them both nice people though...:holy:

16. Michael G

Michael G Abe Frohmann

+10,808
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican
    I would have to visit you for that to happen. However, everyone who has tried my Dopplebock has loved it. My Fiancee openly tells me that it is her favorite beer in the whole world, even surpassing New Belgium 1554, which used to be her favorite beer.

17. Michael G

Michael G Abe Frohmann

+10,808
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican
    I am glad you liked it!

18. nutroll

nutroll Veteran

+1,188
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    I'm glad you brought it. I wasn't able to pick up my icons from the church until today, and had almost forgotten you were leaving me a beer. Keep up the good work...

19. Michael G

Michael G Abe Frohmann

+10,808
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican
    I will be brewing another batch of a similar beer within the next day or so because I am running low on that beer and the Fiancee is going to want more. But, it does take a month for the beer to be ready once I brew it, so we shall see how it turns out.

20. ikonographics

ikonographics In patience I waited patiently on the Lord

+445
    Greece
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Thanks! I always say that God sent me to Greece to learn patience...if I don't learn it here I never will!:p And believe me my patience was tried yesterday! My topic was approved in May, but the paperwork still hasn't gone through all the necessary processes...I've been given a student card, but I don't actually have a student number yet!!! Only in Greece:D To think I came back here for my masters! I missed the "grapheikrateia" so much. I must be a glutton for punishment! :doh:My adviser is Mr Fill :) Same as my masters. He really is a wonderful man. Fr Metal has retired.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.