• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

St. Euphrosynos Taverna and Ouzeri 37

Discussion in 'The Ancient Way - Eastern Orthodox' started by -Kyriaki-, Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MariaRegina

MariaRegina Well-Known Member

+12,119
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Kyriaki,

What was the outcome of your pet rat story?

Did you catch them all? Did they have babies?

2. Michael G

Michael G Abe Frohmann

+10,808
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican
    Thank you.

3. MariaRegina

+12,119
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Samwise is a beautiful cat. I love the chevron above his eyes. Got yourself a private, huh?

We used to have a tuxedo black cat. We now have a grey tuxedo named Smokey.

4. Khaleas

Khaleas Also known as Jenn the Finn :)

+331
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    US-Republican
    Not officially, but he's playing with 20. That was his number in Finland too... His goal got waved off because the refs stink... Probably won't have time to get a jersey in time for Finland because I don't think it will be finalized until after I leave. Oh well, hat will have to do... or maybe they'll have a store in Finland but I doubt it...
    He's getting a fair share of playtime it seems...

5. Michael G

Michael G Abe Frohmann

+10,808
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican
    I wanted to go watch the Pens practice next week at their open practices, but with the emergency trip to Texas we are taking that won't be possible. :(

6. Photini

Photini Gone.

+523
    Seeker
    Married

We named the tuxedo cat after Bustopher Jones in the Cats musical. :) He's short and fat just like the character.

It's amazing how different their personalities are. Jones is tempermental, and not tolerant of kids. He only likes me. Sam is like a baby. He likes to be cuddled and loved on...he doesn't get angry or fed up with us. I love his head-butts when he wants to say hi...or tell you he's hungry. :) I adopted them both from the humane society.

7. MariaRegina

+12,119
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Yes, our tux tends to be very aloof. But lately, he has been more cuddly.

8. Photini

Photini Gone.

+523
    Seeker
    Married
    Our tux gets cuddly mainly on two occassions: 1. He wants food. 2. He wants his litterbox changed.

:)

9. MariaRegina

+12,119
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    My tux likes FAGE Greek Yogurt every day, twice daily if we have it, but not the nonfat or two percent variety.

He has expensive tastes.

10. Photini

Photini Gone.

+523
    Seeker
    Married
    :D Jones is like that too. He's so picky. He'll almost always reject his food when you first put it out for him. He just sniffs it then walks a few feet away from it and leaves his back turned to it. After about 5 minutes, he'll go back and eat.

Sam (the tabby), OTOH, eats anything you offer and things you don't offer. Any small piece of paper or tape or string on the floor is fair game to him. We gave him the nickname "Ripcord" because he ate some yarn one time....and well, it passed through and only mostly emerged from the other end. :eek:

11. MariaRegina

+12,119
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Now, that is too coincidental! Our cat does the same thing.

12. Photini

Photini Gone.

+523
    Seeker
    Married
    Couple more pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. -Kyriaki-

-Kyriaki- seeking answers in stillness

+344
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    No, sadly. They got caught...by the cat :(

14. MariaRegina

+12,119
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Were all your pet rats caught by the cat? That must have been terrible.

15. ikonographics

ikonographics In patience I waited patiently on the Lord

+445
    Greece
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    No they are not stray. They are my dog's puppies, back in SA :)

16. ikonographics

ikonographics In patience I waited patiently on the Lord

+445
    Greece
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Kyriaki, she's definitely a κούκλα!:)

17. -Kyriaki-

-Kyriaki- seeking answers in stillness

+344
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Well, there were only two by the end (the others died of old age) and they escaped together so it was sort of inevitable even though it was sad :(

I got Koukla not all that long after - my doc was making me get rid of my rats anyway because we're trying to figure out what's making me sick. We think we might have a few ideas now, and we've figured out that a certain combination of supplements seems to be helping a lot :D

Koukla is part ragdoll (which we found out after we named her, so the name fits and isn't an intended pun) so she is very 'floppy' and likes to curl up and keep me company.

Thanks to everyone who said nice things about her. She says "mrrrrp!!" back!

18. Michael G

Michael G Abe Frohmann

+10,808
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican
    Ruutu sits there and looks me straight in the eye while tilting her head to let me know she needs to go out side and do her business.

19. MariaRegina

+12,119
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    We used to have a "ragdoll" male that we named "Floppy." He had blue eyes and was mostly white with patches of beige with a tiger pattern, almost like Photini's tabby cat. Every time he would see us, he would flop on the ground and roll over until we picked him up. He would go limp in our arms and we would have to carefully put him down on the couch and then pet him. He was a fur ball that purred.

20. Michael G

Michael G Abe Frohmann

+10,808
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican
    The house is so lonely without the dogs here. The 3 English Toy Spaniels are at their breeders until Saturday and the Cocker Spaniel is at the kennel 'till Saturday as well due to our travels to my wifes moms funeral.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.