Virginia
✟9,581.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well, the demolition team came over and our shed went bye bye in less than an hour. Lots of funny pictures when hubs and his buds took down the piece of rotten wood.
Now some burgers, and Over the Hedge and A Fish Called Wanda later, I'm calling it a night!

Hope to wake up to a fresh smelling taverna... :wave:

Upvote 0

Emmanuel-A

Cedant arma togae, concedat laurea linguae
Mar 11, 2005
Paris
✟10,084.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hmm, I nearly arrived one hour in advance to the church. I had the good idea to listen to the news on the radio just before leaving.

This morning, we had an American priest (Fr Thomas Hopko) concelebrating with our newly ordained priest, who happens to be a friend of his. So we had ectenias in english.

Since he wrote a lot of the booklets I get from Saint Sergius (I guess they're translations of those he wrote for St Vladimir), it was nice to meet him for real.

Upvote 0

ClementofRome

Spelunking the most ancient caves of Xianity
May 27, 2004
✟5,769.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hmm, I nearly arrived one hour in advance to the church. I had the good idea to listen to the news on the radio just before leaving.

This morning, we had an American priest (Fr Thomas Hopko) concelebrating with our newly ordained priest, who happens to be a friend of his. So we had ectenias in english.

Since he wrote a lot of the booklets I get from Saint Sergius (I guess they're translations of those he wrote for St Vladimir), it was nice to meet him for real.

That must have been a joy. :)

Upvote 0

ClementofRome

May 27, 2004
✟5,769.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I too sit here about an hour earlier than usual....but that is just fine, and the dogs appreciated being let our an hour earlier than usual! :)

Mornin'.

We shall see the death of the Taverna TODAY! Who will be responsible for killing it? I am headed to DL and then a luncheon, so it will not be I. :)

Upvote 0

ClementofRome

May 27, 2004
✟5,769.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Since, I am killing time in order to kill the Taverna, a nice story....

I received Fr. Honeycutt's One Flew Over the Onion Dome and discovered in his story that the small ACROD mission in which he spent a couple of days praying and working out his conversion issues IS MY CHURCH! I email him to tell him how excited I was to learn of this and he email back with words of encouragement. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kamikat

my love is bigger than a cadillac
Apr 22, 2005
Visit site
✟18,459.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Fr Hopko is a wonderful speaker and preacher. I've heard him several times. Was it difficult to have parts of the liturgy in English?
I got all my ornaments done, thanks to the clock change. We are all up and ready to go without rushing or yelling. Yeah!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.