"SPLITTING"......Why we should be concerned.

Long Island Pilgrim

Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2016
NY
✟67,631.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Guys,

I wanted to bring something to your attention for your consideration this morning. It's a very helpful concept to meditate on. The Holy Spirit has really impressed the integrating of this understand upon me as very important so I wanted to share it with you.

There's a concept called black and white thinking, also known as "splitting" and also known as all or nothing thinking.

We don't fully know yet weather this brain function is developmental issue or if it's a consequence of spiritual issues . But regardless , the issue of splitting represents an enormous distortion of thought and is always accompanied by MASSIVE consequences in behavior.

One example of splitting occurs commonly when immature people do not get what they want immediately. They commonly view the individual who is seen as the obstacle as "all bad" and they frequently act on those negative feelings. Even if there is a very justified and important reason why the desired thing could not be provided. Their belief that the person who is a hindrance to the fulfillment of their desires frequently causes them to feel justified in a full on assault. Innocent people are victims of this all day long and throughout history. People have lost their jobs, reputations, children and even their lives because of it. I actually believe that this issue of splitting was also at work in the crucifixion of our Lord. The Pharisees saw him challenging their "righteousness" and in their indignation and splitting they viewed Jesus as " BAD" and therefore deserving of punishment. I'm absolutely certain that they genuinely believed they were justified in crucifying a sinless man because in their mind he was "Bad".

This represents the emotional/developmental landscape of people who are splitting. And this may reflect the developmental condition of as much as sixty percent of the population. Hence it explains a very effective method of potentially manipulating peoples emotions for a desired outcome. For these people FEELINGS equal FACTS so all you have to do is play to their emotions. These people are not logicians and are very immature in their reasoning ability. They don't possess an integrated personality yet. They are toddlers in adult bodies and they can be very convincing.

BTW ....the Bible tells us in John 16:2 that in the end times ....." They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service." And the reason this is so is because those who seek to destroy you will be splitting and they view you as an obstacle to progress of some sort...and therefore BAD, NAUGHTY and deserving of death!

I wanted to share this article to offer some insight and to hear your thoughts. Please share any personal experiences or your impressions about ways this might be playing out in the world today?

Splitting - Idealization and Devaluation

Everybodyknows

The good guys lost
Dec 19, 2016
Australia
✟45,191.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,932.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Hi Guys,

I wanted to bring something to your attention for your consideration this morning. It's a very helpful concept to meditate on. The Holy Spirit has really impressed the integrating of this understand upon me as very important so I wanted to share it with you.

There's a concept called black and white thinking, also known as "splitting" and also known as all or nothing thinking.

We don't fully know yet weather this brain function is developmental issue or if it's a consequence of spiritual issues . But regardless , the issue of splitting represents an enormous distortion of thought and is always accompanied by MASSIVE consequences in behavior.

One example of splitting occurs commonly when immature people do not get what they want immediately. They commonly view the individual who is seen as the obstacle as "all bad" and they frequently act on those negative feelings. Even if there is a very justified and important reason why the desired thing could not be provided. Their belief that the person who is a hindrance to the fulfillment of their desires frequently causes them to feel justified in a full on assault. Innocent people are victims of this all day long and throughout history. People have lost their jobs, reputations, children and even their lives because of it. I actually believe that this issue of splitting was also at work in the crucifixion of our Lord. The Pharisees saw him challenging their "righteousness" and in their indignation and splitting they viewed Jesus as " BAD" and therefore deserving of punishment. I'm absolutely certain that they genuinely believed they were justified in crucifying a sinless man because in their mind he was "Bad".

This represents the emotional/developmental landscape of people who are splitting. And this may reflect the developmental condition of as much as sixty percent of the population. Hence it explains a very effective method of potentially manipulating peoples emotions for a desired outcome. For these people FEELINGS equal FACTS so all you have to do is play to their emotions. These people are not logicians and are very immature in their reasoning ability. They don't possess an integrated personality yet. They are toddlers in adult bodies and they can be very convincing.

BTW ....the Bible tells us in John 16:2 that in the end times ....." They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service." And the reason this is so is because those who seek to destroy you will be splitting and they view you as an obstacle to progress of some sort...and therefore BAD, NAUGHTY and deserving of death!

I wanted to share this article to offer some insight and to hear your thoughts. Please share any personal experiences or your impressions about ways this might be playing out in the world today?

This problem is even worse in some cultures.

My personal observation is that the problem might be genetic.

Anyway, I'm not sure if this post is a joke or not to be taken seriously....

After all it's posted in the lounge section but the content is mostly factual from my perspective.. I thought it should have been posted in the ethics and morality section.

Upvote 0

Long Island Pilgrim

Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2016
NY
✟67,631.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
DaveW-Ohev is inviting us to dance. lol

timewerx...the post is completely serious. Even when my brain is in relaxation , lounge, or "hangout" mode I tend to think in terms of ideas to discuss. I'm always meditating on concepts. Ideas *are* my idea of casual lounge talk. lol
I'll have to go take a closer look at the rules though. Maybe this area is more for talking about day to day stuff like gardening or cooking.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
DaveW-Ohev is inviting us to dance. lol

timewerx...the post is completely serious. Even when my brain is in relaxation , lounge, or "hangout" mode I tend to think in terms of ideas to discuss. I'm always meditating on concepts. Ideas *are* my idea of casual lounge talk. lol
I'll have to go take a closer look at the rules though. Maybe this area is more for talking about day to day stuff like gardening or cooking.
Come join the gardening forum!!!!

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi Guys,

Hmm just reading your post i think i have experienced that when i posted something on here that was true and from the bible, someone from that group, i wont name them, it is always this group FEELS insulted when I have never intended to insult them I was just showing the truth. Then consequently I get told off by mods for debating.

It is a church group that is very well known and i found out that it does curse its own people for leaving. To me this seems like a cult, but if you ever suggested it was, the people that belong to it will come down on you like a tonne of bricks.

Upvote 0
Apr 6, 2017
Portland
✟15,453.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Black white thinking was necessary for all tribes of the followers of the one true God to have repeatable systems to protect the faith and keep it kindled so that we may finally defeat the wicked and realize heaven on Earth.

After the Revelation we will all live as Angels on Earth and be free to personalize our relationships with God and each other as God wills us from within, but we have a lot of work to do first as we come together to defeat the false beast-gods and the most wretched of all corrupted false images of the true God of man.
Hi Guys,

Upvote 0