Feb 7, 2004
Louisville
Visit site
✟16,062.00
Faith
Calvinist
Politics
US-Others
Just a check-up, since it's easy to not pay attention during the semester. I know I'm spiritually unhealthy. So here goes:

how much do you pray each day? do you feel this is sufficient?

how much Scripture do you commit to memory a week?

have you had a gospel-centered conversation and prayed deeply for others' salvation this week?

when was the last time you fasted?

...just some questions. it helps me when I have accountability and publicly acknowledge my own shortcomings. it also serves as an encouragement when one doing these things proclaims the goodness of God by participating in these things.

Rin4Christ

Jan 19, 2006
✟8,815.00
Faith
Methodist
eutychus said:
Just a check-up, since it's easy to not pay attention during the semester. I know I'm spiritually unhealthy. So here goes:

have you had a gospel-centered conversation and prayed deeply for others' salvation this week?

...just some questions. it helps me when I have accountability and publicly acknowledge my own shortcomings. it also serves as an encouragement when one doing these things proclaims the goodness of God by participating in these things.

Hmmmm. Some of these are not questions that I really use to measure my own spiritual health, but I'll answer what I can:

I pray every day, At night and then throughout the day as I can or as is necessary ("Dear Lord thank you for keeping me safe in that intersection")

I'm not a scripture memory person, though I often wish I were. I have a handful i memorised in Jr High and HS, but not a whole lot since. What is more important to me is spending time in the scriptures daily. Sometimes I am better about this than other times. This week I have 2 tests but I will try to read at least a chapter or 2 every night because my whole outlook of the next day changes when I do. Tonight I am preparing for a Bible study i lead tomorrow.

How often do you read the Bible?

Gospel Centered conversation: not many outside of Bible studies, but i go to a couple of those every week.

Prayed deeply for others salvation, I'm not sure, but that would be a good thing to work on.

Faster: I've never fasted. its not emphasized at my church.

I also judge my spiritual health on how I am dealing with temptation. today was a good day, yesterday, not as good, but not terrible. I take it day by day and keep praying that God will give me the strength to improve.

I really tried to find a womens accountability group this semester, but the group I am in doesn't focus on spiritual issues very much.

Upvote 0

ChildOfGod20

Sep 16, 2005
✟897.00
Faith
Christian
eutychus said:

I pray at night and during the day whenever I can. I don't think this is enough. I would like to get up every morning before I start my day and pray for at least 30 minutes. My boyfriend and I just started memorizing two bible verses a week together. Memorizing verses is hard for me but I'm tryin! I have gospel centered conversations daily but no I have not deeply prayed for others' salvation this week. I fasted about a month ago. i have some stuff i'd like to work on but for the most part i think i'm doing pretty good and i've been getting much closer to God lately.

Upvote 0