Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2016
US
✟275,982.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How can one identify a spiritual attack? What steps should one take to fight it?

I believe I'm under spiritual attack right now. This has never happened to me before, and it's alarming and upsetting. I've been praying for guidance and strength.

I appreciate any advice on this.

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How can one identify a spiritual attack? What steps should one take to fight it?

I believe I'm under spiritual attack right now. This has never happened to me before, and it's alarming and upsetting. I've been praying for guidance and strength.

You endure it with patience in faith, hope and love; confident that God allows all of these things in order to perfect your faith, hope and love.

Faith untried may be true faith, but it is sure to be little faith, and it is likely to remain dwarfish so long as it is without trials. Faith never prospers so well as when all things are against her: tempests are her trainers, and lightnings are her illuminators. When a calm reigns on the sea, spread the sails as you will, the ship moves not to its harbour; for on a slumbering ocean the keel sleeps too. Let the winds rush howling forth, and let the waters lift up themselves, then, though the vessel may rock, and her deck may be washed with waves, and her mast may creak under the pressure of the full and swelling sail, it is then that she makes headway towards her desired haven. No flowers wear so lovely a blue as those which grow at the foot of the frozen glacier; no stars gleam so brightly as those which glisten in the polar sky; no water tastes so sweet as that which springs amid the desert sand; and no faith is so precious as that which lives and triumphs in adversity. Tried faith brings experience. You could not have believed your own weakness had you not been compelled to pass through the rivers; and you would never have known God’s strength had you not been supported amid the water floods. Faith increases in solidity, assurance, and intensity, the more it is exercised with tribulation. Faith is precious, and its trial is precious too.

1 Peter 1:7

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,932.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
If there's anything out of order in your life, restore order.

Disorder can include one's beliefs. If you're finding it impossible to fix a disorder, then find the opportunity to remain calm and be at peace.

It is how I was able to repel attacks from evil spirits.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Our Apostle Paul says,

"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places." (Ephesians 6:12)

So, from this I see how we in Jesus can be the ones making a spiritual attack against Satanic kingdom beings. We are not only on the defense, trying to avoid being attacked. We are attacking!!

2 Corinthians 10:4-6

So, in case we are more feeling like we are victims of attacks, possibly we need to get on the offense, and not stay somewhere where we would like to be cozy with our own things . . . or playing it safe >

In one movie, soldiers were attacking a German position. They were tempted to stay behind a tree or bushes or a big rock. But the commander told them they must keep moving forward . . . or else mortar rounds could drop in with them if they stayed somewhere long enough for the Germans to lock in on their position.

But one safe location to be in is "the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God." (in 1 Peter 3:4) This gentle and quiet beauty of God's love is "incorruptible" > God's gentle and quiet love shares His own almighty power with us, so we can not be corrupted by various nasty and cruel spiritual things. Plus, we are not only safe, not only defended >

"Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you." (James 4:7)

Being stronger in forgiveness can also make us stronger against spiritual evil, of "the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience" (in Ephesians 2:2). Satan's evil spirit is real, but our God is totally superior to Satan and all His kingdom and its evil >

"Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." (Romans 12:21)

We are not only defended, then, but able to overcome any evil, at all, with God's good.

Reactions: Poppyseed78
Upvote 0

agoodfriend

Nov 14, 2016
Minneapolis,MN
✟7,662.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

1.Tell us more so that we can help you.
2.Pray
3. Use the armor of God. (Ephesians 6:13-20)
4. You do have the power to tell the devil to go away. I know that you can do this. All Christians have this power.

Upvote 0

Poppyseed78

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2016
US
✟275,982.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't feel comfortable sharing details. I do think I opened the door to the devil. I have not been as close to Christ as I should have been, and in my weakness I was not vigilant.

I'm quite sure God is not punishing me, but I have no doubt He will if I don't fight this.

Thank you all for your advice and Scripture. I need to immerse myself in His word for some spiritual renewal.

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You're always under spiritual attack. It's not a question of identifying IF you are or not. The long-term answer is always to believe the truth, which you learn from the Holy Spirit, usually through Scripture, and sometimes through other people. Knowing, understanding, and believing the truth are all different. Just because you read about the truth in Scripture doesn't mean you will instantly have a deep genuine belief in it even if it makes sense. For that, obedience to what God wants you to do is necessary. Abiding in Christ. Heaving a heart yielded to God's will. The spiritual disciples (Bible study, fellowship, prayer, fasting, obedience, acts of service, etc.) There are all kinds non-spiritual things that can seem like spiritual attacks, so talking with someone knowledgeable in deatil might be important or valuable to you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,917.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Recently we're been learning about going into the courts of heaven first, then if instructed by Yahweh go to the battlefield. We've listened to Robert Henderson, a minister, who has several entries on youtube concerning the courts of heaven.

Upvote 0

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Yeah, Prayer and fasting works - if one can endure it.

We are The Lord's flock.

He is our Good Shepherd.

As long as we stay close to His leading we are safe.

But if we can be enticed to wander away...then the devils will start to attack.

In such a case, one can try to command them all day long to no avail....for our strength is in staying close to our Good Shepherd, by following His lead / His commands.

God doesn't want us to feel strong and safe in a rebellious state...for then we could think we're doing well - while we're actually failing miserably.

The devils are only doing their job by making it nearly impossible for us to feel well while doing poorly.

But The Lord also regulates how much the devils can do...because He seeks our return unto Him, not our demise.

May The Lord Light The Way of Salvation w/ Preservation. Amen.

Upvote 0
Dec 14, 2014
Tasmania
Visit site
✟9,949.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

There are over 13 million demons on the face of this earth, you have been attacked since the day you were born.
Being aware of it probably means you drawing near to God and that is a good thing.

What did you need to know?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I feel like Im in a constant spiritual battle and its gone on for so long it is just hard to fight. My advice is to draw near to God and He will draw near to You.

God is bigger then all our battles. Even now as I say this it seems like its just words. It isnt how I feel tonight. It has been a constant battle.

Upvote 0

Grafted In

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2012
Upper midwest
✟61,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I used to think resisting the devil meant screaming and shouting, an aggressive manner, but in recent years I've begun speaking calmly to satan.
"Do you realize that the God who created the universe, who created me and created you.....and booted you out of Heaven lives inside of me? That's right, Jesus Christ dwells in me. He purchased me with His shed blood. He washed me in His precious blood. You thought you scored victory when He was crucified. But you were wrong. Jesus Christ rose from the dead that you thought was final. But you were wrong.
I have been bought and paid for by His blood. I am no longer my own, but His and He lives inside of me. I suggest you take your filthy hands off of the property of Jesus and flee. You have no part of me. I command you to flee from me in the name of Jesus Christ who dwells in me."

When I'm under attack from the father of lies I continue to remind him that Jesus Christ dwells in me.

Upvote 0

BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I used to think resisting the devil meant screaming and shouting, an aggressive manner, but in recent years I've begun speaking calmly to satan.
"Do you realize that the God who created the universe, who created me and created you.....and booted you out of Heaven lives inside of me? That's right, Jesus Christ dwells in me. He purchased me with His shed blood. He washed me in His precious blood. You thought you scored victory when He was crucified. But you were wrong. Jesus Christ rose from the dead that you thought was final. But you were wrong.
I have been bought and paid for by His blood. I am no longer my own, but His and He lives inside of me. I suggest you take your filthy hands off of the property of Jesus and flee. You have no part of me. I command you to flee from me in the name of Jesus Christ who dwells in me."

When I'm under attack from the father of lies I continue to remind him that Jesus Christ dwells in me.
Hello Friend, I'm glad that works for you.
It only appeared to work for me, but after a short time later the enemy came in stronger.
As the Lord gave me understanding, I thought of how did Jesus converse with demons and satan himself ???
I thought, I want to imitate Yeshua being He has more experience than I do.
Then I remember and researched His Word to discover He spoke The Word to combat and dis-arm satan and usually spoke only a Word to demons, except when He ask What's your name to legion.
So in my understanding to follow in Yeshua's foot steps we should do the same.
Personally, I choose to ignore the negative insults from our enemy, and quote God's Word, His Dagger> or Sword > for the attack.
I am compiling verses to use against our enemy.
Anyone interested PM me or I will post them on my Blog

Reactions: Grafted In
Upvote 0

Aryeh

Dec 4, 2016
Los Angeles
✟21,820.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

When Michael contended with the devil over the body of Moses, he didn't give a railing accusation against him, he simply said, "The Lord Rebuke you!"

Upvote 0