Honokawai, Maui HI
✟32,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Great post. the word "spirit" itself has become so polluted it gives rise to all kinds of crazy superstitious beliefs among us Christians. They'd have you in your closet waging war against demons and ghosts that don't exist instead of truly confronting the actual evil in this world.

The Spirit of Christ is the spirit that motivates you to sacrifice yourself in all things and accept the mission given to you by God through faith. To be Christened, charged, anointed...
Well, this thread truly proves the UNECESSARY confusion!

Truly, we are here to glorify God. However, when will they figure out that we can only glorify God when He glorifies us!!! "Them He also GLORIFIES...!

Hey! If, we look good, He looks good! If we look like stupid crap, well...!

Truly it is God faith found in His Word! Along with IT'S hope for us; His love that we manifest; His righteousness we pursue; His glory we manifest!

Stay shiny my friend, Bill

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Is the "Spirit of Christ" simply the manifestation of Jesus in the Godhead?

I think the Spirit of Christ is the attitude Jesus had. He was ready to die for us and used his life for our benefit. if we have Spirit of Christ, we act the same way and love others as Jesus loved.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The way Scripture speaks would indicate that the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of God, the Spirit of Christ, the Spirit of His Son (etc) are all referring to One and the Same. That is, the Holy Spirit.

In trying to avoid the question of the Filioque controversy, it should suffice that the Spirit, who is Eternal and Almighty God with the Father and the Son, is in the Father and the Son by way of the mutual coinherence of the Three and their Perichoresis. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God the Father, this is true; but He is also the Spirit of God the Son. He is therefore rightly called the Spirit of Christ, the Spirit of God's Son, etc; but He is the One and Same Spirit whose eternal procession we confess, and who is worshiped and glorified with the Father and the Son in the Divine Unity of the Holy and Blessed Trinity.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Haipule

Jun 20, 2017
Honokawai, Maui HI
✟32,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The way Scripture speaks would indicate that the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of God, the Spirit of Christ, the Spirit of His Son (etc) are all referring to One and the Same. That is, the Holy Spirit.

In trying to avoid the question of the Filioque controversy, it should suffice that the Spirit, who is Eternal and Almighty God with the Father and the Son, is in the Father and the Son by way of the mutual coinherence of the Three and their Perichoresis. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God the Father, this is true; but He is also the Spirit of God the Son. He is therefore rightly called the Spirit of Christ, the Spirit of God's Son, etc; but He is the One and Same Spirit whose eternal procession we confess, and who is worshiped and glorified with the Father and the Son in the Divine Unity of the Holy and Blessed Trinity.

-CryptoLutheran
Actually, The "Spirit" is what God IS ATTEMPTING to breathe into us. It is a breath of intellect from the exterior source of God Himself! IT is the Word of God Itself!

That is what I fill myself with according to Eph 5:18. That is what I breathe out according to Eph 5:19--God's breath. For, is it not the "God-breathed" Scripture which I breathe-in and out?

Or is it that I do not understand a "Trinity"? A "Trinity" that is only established by theology and not the "God-breathed" Scriptures Itself?

Or, should I accept the theology of the first knowing full well the first is least?

As the "first" is "filled with the Holy Spirit" and cannot possibly lie right? What that means is argue able.

Sorry but, I will do by best to be a part of the last--best! And, not the least--first!

Geez! 2,000 yrs of first things? Where has it gotten us?

Upvote 0

Tayla

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2017
USA
✟147,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Is the "Spirit of Christ" simply the manifestation of Jesus in the Godhead?
I think your proposal is the most likely.

Perhaps it refers to the Holy Spirit. But if each of the three persons of the Trinity are fully God, it shouldn't matter which is which in our understanding of various passages. I suppose we could just substitute the word "God" and that would adequately convey the intended meaning.

Upvote 0