The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
So we now have the Spirit of truth, Spirit of Christ and Spirit of God who dwell in us. So it is either we have many spirits from God in us, or they are all referring to the same Spirit - the Holy Spirit.

Truth, Christ, God

Truely the trinity is being conveyed as dwelling in the born again believers.

I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. (John 14:18)

Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. (John 14:23)

John 14 entire context is Pentecost.

It would seem that to be called the spiritual temple of God, then the Godhead must dwell there also, that is one God, three personas.

I recall a prophecy in Zechariah 4........

Not by might, nor by power, but by my Holy Spirit, saith the LORD of hosts. 7Who art thou, O great mountain (congregation of people) ? before Zerubbabel thou shalt become a plain (the Church as the gateway): and he shall bring forth the headstone thereof withshoutings, crying, Grace, grace unto it.

8Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, 9The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house; his hands shall also finish it; (Zechariah 4)

The Old Testament Church had the Temple of God external to the believers and it was made by human hands and human might. In contrast the New Testament Church has the Temple of God internally, within the believers and it is being worked on by God's Holy Spirit.

The one Spirit of God, who is the one God, has three triune personalities, who came to dwell with the believers.

In this respect, we are being adopted into the family of God as the sons of God. It will be realised, after our body of sin, our Adamic flesh, is finally laid to rest and we are clothed with immortality, to be forever with the Lord, in his Father's house. 1 John 3:2 declares that when he appears, we shall be like him and see him as he is, in his glorified body, because we too would have put on immortality. The migration is happening from this temporal realm to the eternal realm, for all men are destined to biologically die once, then Judgement.

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Spirit of Christ"...What is it?

...God the Son, Son of God, Son of Man, Jesus the Divine Messiah, the Christ, etc.

Romans 8:2...For the law of the Spirit of life IN Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

Romans 8:9b...But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.

1 Peter 1:11...seeking to know what person or time the Spirit of Christ within them was indicating as He predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories to follow.

Philippians 1:19...for I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayers
and the provision of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,

Is the "Spirit of Christ" simply the manifestation of Jesus in the Godhead?

The Spirit of Jesus Christ is the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Godhead

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus the Divine Messiah from conception had a SPIRIT.
...like all men. He also had a Body/Soul combo...like all men.

That spirit was NOT the Person of God the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Truth...who ministered to Him during His life.

Luke 23:46
And Jesus, crying out with a loud voice, said, “Father, into Your hands I commit My spirit.” Having said this, He breathed His last. (Body/Soul combo bled to death)

Romans 8:9b...But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,751.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Jesus the Divine Messiah from conception had a SPIRIT.
...like all men. He also had a Body/Soul combo...like all men.

That spirit was NOT the Person of God the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Truth...who ministered to Him during His life.

Luke 23:46
And Jesus, crying out with a loud voice, said, “Father, into Your hands I commit My spirit.” Having said this, He breathed His last. (Body/Soul combo bled to death)

I think you should ask yourself this question.
Was the child born of the virgin Mary Holy, through and through? Was His body Holy? Was His soul Holy? Was His Spirit Holy? Once you answer these questions you will have your answer. UNLESS, you are stubborn and will not be corrected.
Luke 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The "Spirit of Jesus Christ" is (God) the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Godhead.

False. See posts# 8 + 14

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Jesus Christ

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,598.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The "Spirit of Jesus Christ" is (God) the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Godhead.
False. See posts# 8 + 14
True. Read the bible
No not true.
Right-on sister! Way to rightly divide the Word of God. :)

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15

SEE:
Romans 8:9-11
You, however, are controlled not by the flesh, but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ. But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet the Spirit give you life because of righteousness. And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead lives in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit, who dwells within you.…

John 17:23
I in them and You in Me--that they may be perfectly united, so that the world may know that You sent Me and have loved them just as You have loved Me.

Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ, and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.

Ephesians 3:17
so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and grounded in love,

Colossians 1:27
to whom God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

P.S.
While the doctrine of the Trinity is no easy doctrine - we must present this mystery as the scripture do and not embroider it in order for it to be brought low to our understanding.

"In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear." 2 Timothy 4:1-3

Knowing your style in the past I doubt that you will have the integrity to respond directly to this post but rather post another of your long posts but still - YOU STAND REBUKED.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,751.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Amen! :) Why is it so hard for some Christians to realize the truth that God the Holy Spirit lives on the inside of our body. We are walking around with omnipotent power within us. We just don't know how to surrender and allow Him to manifest Himself through us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15

SEE:
Romans 8:9-11
You, however, are controlled not by the flesh, but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ. But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet the Spirit give you life because of righteousness. And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead lives in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit, who dwells within you.…

John 17:23
I in them and You in Me--that they may be perfectly united, so that the world may know that You sent Me and have loved them just as You have loved Me.

Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ, and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.

Ephesians 3:17
so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and grounded in love,

Colossians 1:27
to whom God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

P.S.
While the doctrine of the Trinity is no easy doctrine - we must present this mystery as the scripture do and not embroider it in order for it to be brought low to our understanding.

"In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear." 2 Timothy 4:1-3

Knowing your style in the past I doubt that you will have the integrity to respond directly to this post but rather post another of your long posts but still - YOU STAND REBUKED.

I'm not sure why the thread went sideways like this. My assertion that the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Jesus Christ is backed up by scripture, and also by scholars. Here is the link so you can check it out yourself: Genesis 1:1 (KJV)

This is the first definition of the word "pneuma" which is used in that passage for the "of the Spirit":

1. the third person of the triune God, the Holy Spirit, coequal, coeternal with the Father and the Son
    1. sometimes referred to in a way which emphasises his personality and character (the "Holy" Spirit)

2. sometimes referred to in a way which emphasises his work and power (the Spirit of "Truth")

3. never referred to as a depersonalised force

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,751.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You don't think the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Jesus Christ?
I do believe that the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Christ. I responded to what you posted. You said TRUE to a post saying it was not true. Look at it. You were tricked brother.

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do believe that the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Christ. I responded to what you posted. You said TRUE to a post saying it was not true. Look at it. You were tricked brother.

Oh, okay. I was saying true to contradict his "false", but I guess it read like I was agreeing with him! It's sad to me that when we talk about the Holy Spirit people come out of the woodwork to deny His person.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,751.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Oh, okay. I was saying true to contradict his "false", but I guess it read like I was agreeing with him! It's sad to me that when we talk about the Holy Spirit people come out of the woodwork to deny His person.
Yes it is very sad. And because they do that, they deny His power, and He cannot operate in their lives like He wants to.

Upvote 0

GUANO

Jul 3, 2013
Los Angeles
✟32,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Aloha Ron:

We have spoken before. You make a lot of good points. However, the "Spirit" is a pampered sacred cow!

I am recently off of a three months suspension because of this subject which, because of the Nicene Creed, I am deemed a heretic and a blasphemer.

Yet, risking permanent banishment from these threads, I will attempt to help.

Now please CF, can I state my case? I am a Christian. I am not a Nicene theologian! This is a forum: can I please speak to Ron without the threats?

The end of the Nicene Creed states, "We believe in the Holy Spirit": blanketly. However, it does not qualify that statement.

"spirit" is from the Latin: spiritus, which means "breath". Jerome, when he translated the autographed languages into the Latin Vulgate bible translated both the Hebrew "ruwack" and the Greek "pneuma", which both mean breath, by the Latin word "spiritus", he did so correctly.

However, into English, we instead, transliterate the Latin 'spiritus' into "spirit". The reason we do this is beyond me! Yet, the power belongs to the clergy. You know, they have a "spiritual gift" and cannot possibly lie right?

Yet, all claim the same "spirit of truth" and call each other liars!

Yet, I can see that the Word of God unites us as one yet, the theology of man divides us--infinitely!

As for me, they say that these things are only "spiritually" discerned and that "I am far too fleshly" to understand. How convenient!

pneuma absolutely means "breath". Yet figuratively refers to a breath of intellect from a exterior source. This is used in God's Word in opposition to natural psuchE-breath(breathing: psuchO) which figuratively refers to natural instinctive intellect translated for you as "soul".

When the bible says that your cat has a psuchE(soul) but does not have a pneuma(spirit) is merely stating that your cat as natural instinctive intellect(psuchE) but it cannot read a book(process pneuma info)! I'm not going over your head am I? :)

However, if your cat can read a book and write you a book report then, I am a liar! :)

Lets continue; the "Spirit if Christ" refers to the external information that we are given in God's Word according to what it means to be anointed. christos is an adjective that means: anointed. To be "anointed" is to understand that we have been given a God given purpose and a destiny in this life of God's promise.

Like King David anointed with the destiny and purpose to be the next King of Israel. No wonder he had so much confidence to face lions, bears, giants and Philistines! Since we are anointed with a purpose and a destiny: shouldn't we have that same courage?

However, the translators insistence that christos should always be transliterated, and NOT translated, as "Christ" with a capital "C" has masked this most important teaching. Like John said, "The anointing with you-all know": sorry Johnny-Boy but, the clergy is stupidly hiding this from us! This MUST stop!

Are we all here to be trust-worthy sons of the living God kicking some butt? Or did God place us here to get our butts kicked as lame dysfunctional "believers"?

The "Spirit of Jesus/Lord" is that pneuma-breath information which He breathes into us for our edification unto His promised zOE(ABUNDANT)-life:

Side by Side: [It is] the Spirit(pneuma-breath, neuter) [it-is] who gives(it--one-keeps-on-making) life(live); the flesh profits nothing; the words(rhEma, spoken-words-effect, neuter) that I(Jesus) have spoken(talked) to you(-all) [are] [ ]spirit(pneuma-breath, neuter) [it(rhEma)-is] and(-also) [are] [ ]life [it(rhEma)-is]. John 6:63 NASB

So then the words that Jesus spoke are pneuma--useful information, and Life.

I'll tell you something else, and this is funny:

David himself said in the Holy Spirit(in thee breath, namely--the pure-one, the God-breathed pure Scripture as Mark is about to quote David in the Older Testament--covenants Scripture, Psalm 110:1 i.e., David himself said in the Bible:)

‘THE LORD SAID TO MY LORD,
“SIT AT MY RIGHT HAND,
UNTIL I PUT YOUR ENEMIES BENEATH YOUR FEET.”’ Mark 12:36 NASB

Sorry, was that too simple? Or does someone want to talk to me again about the “endowment”, “enduement”,* “induement” of the “Holy Spirit” to the OT saints--ridiculous?

So, the entire bible is the real "Holy Spirit" we are to be "filled with" according to Ephesians 5:18(breath in) so that we have something to breath out(Ephesians 5:19) to others.

The word translated as "Holy" is hagion(neuter: the "Holy Spirit" is always neuter as the word for something written--gramma--is neuter), hagios(masculine). hagion, hagios mean: pure, undefiled, unpolluted. And if we add the imported meaning of qadash(OT translated as "holy") it is also special, unique, separating a class from a class.

Unfortunately, they decided that hagios should be translated for you as "saint"--WHATEVER! So we are not informed that we are also a pneuma hagion(neuter: both male and female). So rather, Sapphira and Ananias somehow lied to a "Holy Spirit" and not the congregation with Peter. And somehow Paul warned against causing grievances(sorrows) to the "Holy Spirit" rather then grief and trouble amongst ourselves.

Thanks again Ron! If you have any more questions I will be glad to answer them but my responses are not timely as my time is limited.

Great post. the word "spirit" itself has become so polluted it gives rise to all kinds of crazy superstitious beliefs among us Christians. They'd have you in your closet waging war against demons and ghosts that don't exist instead of truly confronting the actual evil in this world.

The Spirit of Christ is the spirit that motivates you to sacrifice yourself in all things and accept the mission given to you by God through faith. To be Christened, charged, anointed...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ron Gurley

Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The spiritual Person of God the he Holy Spirit is NOT the same as/identical to the mysterious undefined "Spirit of Christ."

Jesus was Divine/Deity/pure and Holy from His miraculous conception to ascension from time eternal as a spiritual Person of the Godhead, the TRI-UNE God.

I would like to know SPECIFICALLY what Paul and Peter meant when they used the term "Spirit of Christ" in context.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,751.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Jesus was Divine/Deity/pure and Holy from His miraculous conception to ascension from time eternal as a spiritual Person of the Godhead, the TRI-UNE God.
If you can believe this, I can't understand why you can't believe that His Spirit is Holy.

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I like this one:

The "Spirit of Christ" is the spirit that motivates you to sacrifice yourself in all things and accept the mission given to you by God through faith. To be Christened, charged, anointed...

Jesus' SPIRIT asked only 2 things of unsaved Man:
1. BELIEVE...THEN...2. FOLLOW

This DIFFERENT THAN:

The INDWELLING of God the Holy Spirit... permanently communing with the Spirit of Saved Believers...SANCTIFICATION!

1 Corinthians 6:19
Or do you not know that your body is a temple of (God) the Holy Spirit
who is IN you, whom you have FROM God, and that you are not your own?

2 Corinthians 6:16B
For we are the temple of the living God; just as God said, “I will dwell in them and walk among them;
And I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

I WILL DWELL...Greek 1774...enoikeo...II.metaphor: to dwell in one and influence him (for good)

James 4:5
Or do you think that the Scripture speaks to no purpose: “He jealously desires the Spirit which He has made to dwell in us”?

He has made to dwell...Greek 6052...katoikizo...establish, give a dwelling to

Romans 8:9,11
However, you are not in the flesh but IN the Spirit,
if indeed the "Spirit of God" dwells in you.
But if anyone does not have the "Spirit of Christ", he does not belong to Him...
But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies
through His (God the Holy) Spirit who dwells in you.

dwells in...Greek 3611...oikeo en...to cohabit: dwell

1 Thessalonians 5: 12-19 (NASB) Paul: CONDUCT for Christ-followers...
...Rejoice always;
pray without ceasing;
in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
Do not QUENCH (God) the (Holy) Spirit; ....(who is the indwelling "paraclete" communing with your Spirit)
>>>i.e.....Don't throw a "wet blanket" on the "fire" of your Counselor...<<<

1 Corinthians 2: 6-16 (NIV1984)...Wisdom From the Spirit
In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.
We have not received the spirit of the world (anti-christs) but the Spirit who is FROM God,
that we may understand what God has freely given us. This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom
but in words taught by (God) the (Holy) Spirit,
expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words.

Jude 1:19
19 These are sensual persons, who cause divisions, not having the Spirit.

Luke 24:49
49 "Behold, I send the Promise of My Father upon you; but tarry in the city of Jerusalem until you are endued with power from on high."

2 Timothy 1:14
Guard, through the Holy Spirit who dwells in us,
the treasure which has been entrusted to you.

James 4:5
Or do you think that the Scripture speaks to no purpose: “He jealously desires the Spirit which He has made to dwell in us”?

Romans 8:1[ Free from Indwelling Sin ]
There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are IN Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

John 14:2
In My Father’s house are many dwelling places;(LOTS OF ROOM IN HEAVEN!)
if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.

Psalm 23:6
Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life,
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Upvote 0

Lily of Valleys

Jun 30, 2017
Australia
✟68,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The spiritual Person of God the he Holy Spirit is NOT the same as/identical to the mysterious undefined "Spirit of Christ."

I would like to know SPECIFICALLY what Paul and Peter meant when they used the term "Spirit of Christ" in context.
If we look at 1 Peter 1:11, it is said that the Spirit of Christ predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories to follow. It is clear that this Spirit of Christ is not a depersonalized force:

As to this salvation, the prophets who prophesied of the grace that would come to you made careful searches and inquiries, seeking to know what person or time the Spirit of Christ within them was indicating as He predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories to follow. It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves, but you, in these things which now have been announced to you through those who preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven—things into which angels long to look. (1 Peter 1:10-12 NASB)​

And in 2 Peter 1:21, apostle Peter said prophecy was made when men moved by the Holy Spirit, which seems to suggest the Spirit of Christ within the prophets who prophesied as written in 1 Peter 1:11 must have been the Holy Spirit, who is also referred to in 1 Peter 1:12 above.

for no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God (2 Peter 1:21 NASB)​

Upvote 0