Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
When Trump said he'd have "all the best people" did he mean his first picks or was he talking about their replacements?
The replacements replacements.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟839,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well some folks thought he had more of a clue than he does. They believed him when he said to believe him that he'd repeal & replace Obamacare with something so much better, that would be great for everybody, on day 1. Trump finally admitted after getting elected that healthcare reform sure is harder than he thought it would be. D'oh.
I think that would be the statement for anyone who gets into office for the first time. It is a lot harder than anyone thinks it would be. All these people want to be president, but how many are ready for it to be over?

And since an actual health care bill hasn't been passed yet, it's way too early to tell if it will be better or worse than Obamacare. If you want to judge the whole thing on a CBO score, go ahead.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟839,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
When Trump said he'd have "all the best people" did he mean his first picks or was he talking about their replacements?
Just because someone gets replaced doesn't mean they're horrible or bad. Sometimes you don't have the right type of chemistry with people you thought you would.

This happens all the time in administrations. Don't forget Obama's press secretary resigned too.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Anyone else think it's funny that he picked the guy who called him a political hack?
Assuming you mean Anthony Scaramucci, yes and called him “anti-American” as well but he said he was sorry. He loves him very much now:

“I love the president and I’m very, very loyal to the president,” (Anthony Scaramucci)
That's the most important requisite qualification to be a White House staffer in this administration.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I think that would be the statement for anyone who gets into office for the first time. It is a lot harder than anyone thinks it would be. All these people want to be president, but how many are ready for it to be over?

And since an actual health care bill hasn't been passed yet, it's way too early to tell if it will be better or worse than Obamacare. If you want to judge the whole thing on a CBO score, go ahead.

Saucy, most intelligent people who've paid any attention the past 7 years would have known that healthcare reform isn't easy. Trump repeatedly promised to repeal & replace on day 1, that it would be easy & the new plan would be so much better, and some folks believed him when he told them to believe them about it.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Just because someone gets replaced doesn't mean they're horrible or bad. Sometimes you don't have the right type of chemistry with people you thought you would.

This happens all the time in administrations. Don't forget Obama's press secretary resigned too.
Jay Carney resigned after three years to spend time with his children while they were little. I hardly think it's the same thing.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, sure, "I didn't know that healthcare could be so complicated" would be a normal and honest statement. However, he said "Nobody knew that healthcare could be so complicated." Classic narcissism. I didn't know it, and nobody is better/smarter/etc. than me, so nobody else knew it, either.
Well yeah, that's generally how things are done. Our government doesn't and shouldn't pass bills just to find out what will happen. That's why we have institutions such as the CBO. So that we can avoid doing that.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟839,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, sure, "I didn't know that healthcare could be so complicated" would be a normal and honest statement. However, he said "Nobody knew that healthcare could be so complicated."

Well yeah, that's generally how things are done. Our government doesn't and shouldn't pass bills just to find out what will happen. We have institutions such as the CBO so that we can avoid that.
Semantics. The meaning of what he meant was there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟839,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Jay Carney resigned after three years to spend time with his children while they were little. I hardly think it's the same thing.
Yeah, that's exactly the reason. Wink, wink. Obama had a habit of firing people who didn't agree with him, like the almost 200 generals and other top military people who simply disagreed with his assessment on things.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟839,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Saucy, most intelligent people who've paid any attention the past 7 years would have known that healthcare reform isn't easy. Trump repeatedly promised to repeal & replace on day 1, that it would be easy & the new plan would be so much better, and some folks believed him when he told them to believe them about it.
Don't you think that maybe that has to with Mitch McConnel and Paul Ryan saying THEY would have a bill on Trump's desk day one? This is their failure, as they have been saying for 7 years that they had a better plan, but when it came time to vote, it turns out they didn't. This is their failure and it sucks it looks badly on Trump since this is THEIR bill. THEIR debate. Trump didn't write this bill.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Don't you think that maybe that has to with Mitch McConnel and Paul Ryan saying THEY would have a bill on Trump's desk day one? This is their failure, as they have been saying for 7 years that they had a better plan, but when it came time to vote, it turns out they didn't. This is their failure and it sucks it looks badly on Trump since this is THEIR bill. THEIR debate. Trump didn't write this bill.

I think it has to do with Trump making promises that honest men rooted in reality wouldn't, Saucy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
So you just naturally assume Trump means the extreme opposite for what he really means?
No, I think he said what he meant and meant what he said. You're the one changing the meaning.

A bit of comic relief:

screen-shot-2017-02-28-at-113543-am.png

• Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟839,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think it has to do with Trump making promises that honest men rooted in reality wouldn't, Saucy.
Are you freakin' serious? What promise has he made that no other politician in history hasn't made?

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Are you freakin' serious? What promise has he made that no other politician in history hasn't made?

Saucy, are you freakin' serious?

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟839,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No, I think he said what he meant and meant what he said. You're the one changing the meaning.
No you guys love putting words and meanings in his mouth he didn't mean. Been doing it since day one all in an attempt to call him racist and bigot and every other mean word in the leftist vocabulary.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
No you guys love putting words and meanings in his mouth he didn't mean. Been doing it since day one all in an attempt to call him racist and bigot and every other mean word in the leftist vocabulary.
Once again, for the folks at home, the quote is:
"Nobody knew that healthcare could be so complicated."

Please, do demonstrate for everyone the mental gymnastics that you had to put yourself through to turn that into something else.

Upvote 0