✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Kelly B said:
The Qu'ran actually predicted the speed of light centuries before scientists did. I'd post a link, but don't want to violate any rules. Check with google.
Then it was right. But to one up that, I predict that it will be infinitly faster in the spiritual/physical, eternal form to come soon.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jet Black said:
far and few,
far and few,
are the lands where the jumblies live,
their heads are green,
and their hands are blue,
and they went to sea in a sieve.
Till Granny came
Till Granny came
After the Speck
where all came from
Did start to grow
Primordal pond, so long ago
The rest you know

Upvote 0

wagsbags

Nov 21, 2004
Visit site
✟15,757.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
You realize that there's tons of light in transit to earth so if it suddenly sped up drastically and all got here at once we would be blinded regardless of whether or not we had our eyes shut. Well blinded and burnt and killed from radiation. I guess the radiation would kill us before we went blind...

Upvote 0

Randall McNally

Secrecy and accountability cannot coexist.
Oct 27, 2004
✟3,822.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Others
Jet Black said:
m/s². It says it right there on p62:

the velocity of light in vacuum for all observers, regardless of their frame of reference is 3x10^8 m/s²
Dumb question: Why does it give the velocity of light in units of acceleration?

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
wagsbags said:
You realize that there's tons of light in transit to earth so if it suddenly sped up drastically and all got here at once we would be blinded regardless of whether or not we had our eyes shut. Well blinded and burnt and killed from radiation. I guess the radiation would kill us before we went blind...
It doesn't matter how much is in transit. It is something different than what the spiritual light was before. Our light was left in it's place, in this idea. Our light for all intents, didn't change speeds at all, that I know about. If it had of, your concerns might be somewhat valid.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AnEmpiricalAgnostic

Agnostic by Fact, Atheist by Epiphany
May 25, 2005
South Florida
Visit site
✟18,986.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
wagsbags said:
Ok so who finds dad's solution to the far stars problem acceptable?

Not I. It's an age old problem. When a person is unable to understand how something they observe works, they assign the task to god. As time goes on and science comes to bear on the issue, god is taken out of the equation and reassigned to some other problem science can not yet explain. It's easy to answer a problem by saying "Because god made it that way". The challenge is to truly understand how the universe works. If there is a god or gods then I want to understand, as well as I can, how the universe works so I can appreciate his/her/their creation. If I only gain knowledge of how the universe works for the next generation to build upon I will have done the world a service and helped better mankind. Clinging to absolutes and assigning god to everything we don't understand will get us nowhere. Once upon a time the earth was the center of the universe and a god pulled the sun across the sky with his golden chariot. Thanks to many hard working scientists we understand and accept now that we are not the center of the universe and the illusion of the sun moving across the sky is an illusion created by the rotation of out planet as it revolves around the sun. Did this realization kill the concept of god? Did it necessitate killing people because it contradicted the bible? No. I respect people who believe in a higher power, but don't let your belief stand in the way of the truth. Assimilate the truth and let it serve to clarify your view of the universe that your higher power created. Let it bring you closer to understanding its purpose.

Upvote 0