United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Like explaining things in story format.
The more details, the better. If you want me to better understand your point, that is.

-- A2SG, though, from what I have read from you, I still think I got it quite well.....

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Going to prison would at least keep him out of the WH , wouldn't it?
Yes, that's the point. Civil trials won't result in that. Apparently from what I've heard, criminal trials won't start happening until towards the middle of next year. And will probably end up grinding to a halt when Trump gets re-elected.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The more details, the better. If you want me to better understand your point, that is.

-- A2SG, though, from what I have read from you, I still think I got it quite well.....
Cool.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, that's the point. Civil trials won't result in that.
Neither would criminal trials.

Remember, both Eugene V. Debs and Lyndon Larouche were convicted felons, and both ran for president. Debs, specifically, was convicted of the same charges Trump is facing, under the espionage act in fact. Also, I recently found out that another convicted felon is a declared candidate for the upcoming 2024 election: Joseph Maldonado-Passage, aka Joe Exotic.

So Trump's not alone.

Apparently from what I've heard, criminal trials won't start happening until towards the middle of next year. And will probably end up grinding to a halt when Trump gets re-elected.
I guess we'll see.

Given that he's never won the popular vote, I still think it'll be an uphill battle...but maybe he'll squeak by again like he did in 2016. Though, I doubt it. I think enough people have seen what a disaster he was as president to make sure that he never attains the office again.

-- A2SG, at least, that remains my hope.....

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Neither would criminal trials.

Remember, both Eugene V. Debs and Lyndon Larouche were convicted felons, and both ran for president. Debs, specifically, was convicted of the same charges Trump is facing, under the espionage act in fact. Also, I recently found out that another convicted felon is a declared candidate for the upcoming 2024 election: Joseph Maldonado-Passage, aka Joe Exotic.

So Trump's not alone.
When you get a wrong notion in your head you really can't let go of it. The people you've mentioned over and over again were former convicts, not current convicts while running. Now find someone who ran for president after having been convicted of a serious federal crime, but hadn't completed his sentence, and then you'll have come up with an applicable comparison.
I guess we'll see.

Given that he's never won the popular vote, I still think it'll be an uphill battle...but maybe he'll squeak by again like he did in 2016. Though, I doubt it. I think enough people have seen what a disaster he was as president to make sure that he never attains the office again.

-- A2SG, at least, that remains my hope.....
Actually when it came to prosperity he wasn't a disaster, but Biden has been.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
When you get a wrong notion in your head you really can't let go of it. The people you've mentioned over and over again were former convicts, not current convicts while running.
Nope. Both Debs and Larouche ran while imprisoned, and Joe Exotic is currently running while imprisoned.

Now find someone who ran for president after having been convicted of a serious federal crime, but hadn't completed his sentence, and then you'll have come up with an applicable comparison.
How about three for three?

Actually when it came to prosperity he wasn't a disaster, but Biden has been.
This isn't about Biden. For many of us, it's enough that he isn't Trump to make him the preferred candidate.

-- A2SG, wouldn't vote for Trump, even if he were able to keep the trains running on time.....

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nope. Both Debs and Larouche ran while imprisoned, and Joe Exotic is currently running while imprisoned.

How about three for three?
Okay, you've convinced me that Trump will be reelected even if he's in prison.
This isn't about Biden. For many of us, it's enough that he isn't Trump to make him the preferred candidate.

-- A2SG, wouldn't vote for Trump, even if he were able to keep the trains running on time.....
Yes let's all keep total focus on Trump.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is/would be nothing should he imprisoned that would prevent his running. Whether he is elected should be up to the voters.

Yeah, he is the subject of this here thread.

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Only if he gets the votes. I'm simply commenting on the theory that the multiple indictments he's facing is intended to bar him from running. That's not a credible theory.

That's the topic of the thread, dude.

-- A2SG, just trying to stay on topic.....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Only if he gets the votes. I'm simply commenting on the theory that the multiple indictments he's facing is intended to bar him from running. That's not a credible theory.

That's the topic of the thread, dude.

-- A2SG, just trying to stay on topic.....
I haven't been giving the they're only trying to keep him from being president again argument.

Sure talk lots about him running for president, but don't mention who he's running against.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I haven't been giving the they're only trying to keep him from being president again argument.

Sure talk lots about him running for president, but don't mention who he's running against.
This thread isn’t about who is (potentially) running against President Trump.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Then what argument are you giving?

Well, the incumbent president isn't the subject of this thread.

-- A2SG, plenty of other anti-Biden threads out there.....

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Then what argument are you giving?
I already explained that. It's next to impossible to hold a conversation with you because you mostly keep asking questions regarding things that have already been explained, as if you're purposely trying to be annoying.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This thread isn’t about who is (potentially) running against President Trump.
Yeah I get it, we can talk about him running, but we can't mention who he's running against. Unless it's DeSantis.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I already explained that. It's next to impossible to hold a conversation with you because you mostly keep asking questions regarding things that have already been explained. It's like you're purposely trying to be annoying.
If you've already explained it, and I missed the point, perhaps you could aid me in pointing to exactly where you explained it, and I'll review the post to see what I missed. Perhaps your explanation was insufficient, or maybe I simply misread it.

But, I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Show me where you explained your point, and I will reread it.

-- A2SG, can't do better than that.....

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you've already explained it, and I missed the point, perhaps you could aid me in pointing to exactly where you explained it, and I'll review the post to see what I missed. Perhaps your explanation was insufficient, or maybe I simply misread it.

But, I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Show me where you explained your point, and I will reread it.

-- A2SG, can't do better than that.....
That's not how conversations between two adults work.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That's not how conversations between two adults work.
Really? You say you already explained something, I simply asked to see that previously posted explanation, to see if I misunderstood it. Sounds reasonable to me. What, exactly, isn't "adult" about taking responsibility for possibly misunderstanding something you previously posted?

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here. Point me toward your previous explanation, and I'll reread it.

-- A2SG, not trying to be annoying here, really.....

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Really? You say you already explained something, I simply asked to see that previously posted explanation, to see if I misunderstood it. Sounds reasonable to me. What, exactly, isn't "adult" about taking responsibility for possibly misunderstanding something you previously posted?

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here. Point me toward your previous explanation, and I'll reread it.

-- A2SG, not trying to be annoying here, really.....
I'm still trying to get caught up on all of your other questions.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm still trying to get caught up on all of your other questions.
Sure, I get that. But, in this case, you say you already explained. So point to that post, and I'll reread it.

-- A2SG, no extra work needed, you've done it already.........

Upvote 0