kooolfriend

Turning ashes into beauty
Jul 5, 2004
✟2,115.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Ok, this is a subject I think I don't agree with many of the wof preachers.
My stand sowing and reaping is biblical, God does care for our financial blessing, when we give we do receive, but i've heard some preachers blown it out of proportion...
CL, I think this thread can go into a debating thread if you want to.

Upvote 0

churchlady

De Oppresso Liber
Apr 25, 2005
Virginia
✟22,533.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Ok, this is a subject I think I don't agree with many of the wof preachers.
My stand sowing and reaping is biblical, God does care for our financial blessing, when we give we do receive, but i've heard some preachers blown it out of proportion...
CL, I think this thread can go into a debating thread if you want to.

I have not yet seen enough scriptural evidence to convince me. But I am open to whoever can provide that.

I know Andrew Wommack doesn't believe in this.

Upvote 0

CindyisHis

I am my Beloved's and He is mine.
Jun 28, 2006
seated in heavenly places with Christ Jesus
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Two things are clear to me.

We receive His promises by faith.

We reap what we have sown.

Galatians 3:13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us--for it is written, "CURSED IS EVERYONE WHO HANGS ON A TREE"--
14 in order that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we would receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Mark 11:24 "Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you.

2 Corinthians 9:6 Now this I say, he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.

Upvote 0

spiritfilledwoman

I Will Never Go Back!
Oct 17, 2006
Texas
✟8,892.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I believe that one of the most overlooked, yet important, aspects of sowing and reaping is that you must sow what you are wanting to reap. If you want kindness, sow kindness; if you want a friend, be a friend. If you want healing, sow healthy food into your body, for starters. You don't sow corn hoping for tomatoes. Likewise, the teachings that go around that you must sow $$ to get any and every other promise of God (e.g. peace, friends, healing) is missing the mark, in my opinion.

Reactions: CindyisHis
Upvote 0

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Some Wof teachers talk about the principal of sowing seed when you are believing for one of His promises.

What do you know about this teaching?

Do you believe it is scriptural?

Lk 8:11

11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
KJV

The Bible is a bag of seed for the sower.

Upvote 0

Father Rick

Peace be with you
Jun 23, 2004
Sitting at this computer
Visit site
✟21,921.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
I agree that some have taken sowing and reaping out of its biblical context..

However, scripture is clear that 'what a man sows, that he will reap'.

Now, one of the things that I have learned, by growing up in an agricultural area, is that different crops take different amounts of time to mature. If someone gives/sows one day, expecting a huge crop the next day... well, that just isn't going to happen as a rule. However, consistent sowing resultins in consistent reaping.

We would plant a crop, not expecting a harvest until it was harvest season. AND we would know that we had to repeatedly plant various crops, since different crops had different germination times/seasons before there was a harvest of that particular crop. For instance, in the winter, we would plant rye, in the early spring we would plant corn, etc.

We reaped a harvest of each... in the right time/season.

Unfortunately, manhy don't understand this... and therefore teach just "give money" and reap anything you want. That's not biblical... nor is is it accurate in the natural as well. Rather, we are to consistently sow to righteousness in all areas knowing that if we do so, we will reap a harvest of righteousness in due season.

Reactions: CindyisHis
Upvote 0

churchlady

De Oppresso Liber
Apr 25, 2005
Virginia
✟22,533.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Some very good imput on this thread. :)

2 Cor. 9 gives some reference to money as seed, but still is different than what we see taught by some.

vs.10 "Now he that ministers seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness"

This whole chapter is talking about money.

So we can sow money as well as other things and expect to reap fruit to our account, but that is far different than what I see some people preaching on this subject.

They almost make it sound like you have to do more than just believe for the promises......you have to give money to get your answer.

It has always caused a check in my spirit.

However vs. 8 says, "And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work;..."

Now that's a nice return on your sowing.

Upvote 0

mdaniel

May 22, 2007
✟8,059.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
They almost make it sound like you have to do more than just believe for the promises......you have to give money to get your answer.

God wants your heart, not your money. Televangelists flying around in private jets and driving Rolls Royce’s want your money!

We know from the word that God wants to bless us. We are his children who are blameless in his sight because we believed upon his son who paid for us at the cross.

At the end of the day God wants a personal relationship with us. The very hairs on our head our numbered. We serve a very personal God who loves us so much that he sent us only son to die for us while we were yet sinners.

We are precious and honored in his sight .. Of course he wants to bless us.. But I believe that blessing is the result or byproduct of that relationship. It is also the byproduct of that relationship that we have the faith to ask for certain things when we need it.

I believe we are to be generous and to give when we feel lead to give, but never give with the expectation of getting and expect God to bless it.

Upvote 0

Father Rick

Peace be with you
Jun 23, 2004
Sitting at this computer
Visit site
✟21,921.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
God wants your heart, not your money. Televangelists flying around in private jets and driving Rolls Royce’s want your money!

We know from the word that God wants to bless us. We are his children who are blameless in his sight because we believed upon his son who paid for us at the cross.

At the end of the day God wants a personal relationship with us. The very hairs on our head our numbered. We serve a very personal God who loves us so much that he sent us only son to die for us while we were yet sinners.

We are precious and honored in his sight .. Of course he wants to bless us.. But I believe that blessing is the result or byproduct of that relationship. It is also the byproduct of that relationship that we have the faith to ask for certain things when we need it.

I believe we are to be generous and to give when we feel lead to give, but never give with the expectation of getting and expect God to bless it.
Correction...

God wants your heart AND your money.

"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also".

The gospels speak more about how one handles one's money (not just giving but every area of stewardship) more than any other subject-- including prayer.

As to "never giving with the expectation of getting"... scripture actually says exactly the opposite.

"Without faith it is impossible to please God. For one must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him". In order to please God we must believe that He will reward us. And, multiple places in scripture specifically says that when one gives of one's material possessions, that one will receive material blessings. If one obeys God in giving without expecting to receive the reward scripture says one will receive, then that person is not pleasing God. Scripture's really that blunt about it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CindyisHis

I am my Beloved's and He is mine.
Jun 28, 2006
seated in heavenly places with Christ Jesus
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Some very good imput on this thread. :)

2 Cor. 9 gives some reference to money as seed, but still is different than what we see taught by some.

vs.10 "Now he that ministers seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness"

This whole chapter is talking about money.

So we can sow money as well as other things and expect to reap fruit to our account, but that is far different than what I see some people preaching on this subject.

It has always caused a check in my spirit.

However vs. 8 says, "And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work;..."

Now that's a nice return on your sowing.
I agree with you. There are times that there is something wrong. It's the way they come across. There's a red flag in my spirit too at times. I give when I am prompted by the Lord to give, not man trying to get it out of me. Giving in repsonse to that would not be pleasing to the Lord. A cheerful giver is.

Upvote 0

rofja

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
✟15,174.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Most of what I would say here has been said. Sowing and reaping is a biblical principle and scripture supports it. However it has been abused by some. What you sow you will reap. If you sow little, you will reap little. If you sow much you will reap much. He does give seed to the SOWER AND bread for eating etc. But you can't buy a healing or a miracle etc with your seed (money). Where that can play apart in a healing etc is God can and will bring about answered prayer, healing etc because of your obedience. That covers any area including money. He wants your heart and your giving is tied to that. He may tell you to give x amount of money to your church or a ministry and you have been praying for healing etc and because of your obedience the healing comes or a family member gets saved etc. God does and will do that. You didn't buy your healing or sow money to receive healing. Your faith worked and the Lord responded because you obeyed Him. That is different then someone saying directly sow your seed to this ministry and God will heal you, bring a miracle etc. That is manipulation. It is manipulation to say send me x amount of dollars as your seed and I will send you this prayer/healing cloth. NOWHERE does the Bible say Paul did that! It is of God when you hear God say give and you do it. God blesses and rewards obedience and faith. There has been much twisting and perverting in this area but sowing and reaping is a powerful biblical principal when used correctly.

Upvote 0

kooolfriend

Turning ashes into beauty
Jul 5, 2004
✟2,115.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I believe We should be good steward of our money,as we shall be accountable for all that had been given to us including our monies,before giving whether small or big amount, we should always ask God where and how much He want us to sow.
The teaching that 'my'ministry that believe in and practice sowing and reaping is good soil is not true and erroneous, it is only obedience not to man but to God, that brings in its harvest.
I believe that God may want us to give to a particular ministry or to a particular individuals whether these ministries or individuals are saved or not or do believe in sowing & reaping or not, or are 'wof' or not, we are to give because God instructed us to give and then expect from God the blessing as we had not given to please these ministries/individuals but to please God and God shall rewards us.
I know a christian who was instructed to give money to a prostitute, he hesistate at first, then convinced it was from God bless that woman financially, that woman was not a christian and thank that man saying to him that she badly needed money for her baby and had just cried out to God for help, was in tears that God was indeed real, she didn't repented from her old ways of life right away nor accepted Jesus as Lord though but I believe seeds were planted in that woman life...the christian didn't see that woman again, but one thing is that God did bless him financially in return.
It is sad to hear when preaching about sowing and reaping so little emphasis on waiting to hearing from God before you give, I believe this should have been the core teaching of sowing and reaping, not just sow wherever or whatever we want to or think it is good/pleasing to give, but only what God want us to that brings in the blessing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.