Chicago
✟56,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
While it has been over ten years since I was last in college, I can say that this was certainly not my experience. Those types of women were certainly around, and I ran into a few, but they were hardly the rule. I suspect that it's a function of the school and the people that you associate with. And while I wouldn't presume to judge your friends, I've noticed that people who complain about potential romantic partners being boring and overly choosy tend to be boring and overly choosy themselves.
Social media and the Internet and general have dramatically changed the dating landscape.

I am not being snarky when I say this, or critical, but you are out-of-touch. This isn't the 1990s.

The troubles young men are going through are real: they lack opportunities, can't buy real-estate (ever), are dropping out of college (or never attending), and are held to impossible standards by girls who now have access to a much larger and competitive dating pool. They are lonely and frustrated

Note: this doesn't apply to me--I have been married for a long time, but I have friends that are younger than me and still single

Women are human beings, men are human doings. Women have absolutely no conception of what it is like to be a guy in 2023, as they are playing the game on easy mode.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I am not being snarky when I say this, or critical, but you are out-of-touch. This isn't the 1990s.
Pfft. I'm exactly the prototypical person you're talking about. I'm a man in my 30s, not married, don't own a house, etc. You can lay off with the condescension - I'm pretty sure I'm more in touch with my own situation than you are, no matter how many "younger single friends" you have.

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟194,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I have friends who are "pro-choice", some of them strongly so.

None of them support late-term or "partial birth" abortion. That is a line they won't cross. There may be exceptions if the mother's life is in profound danger, the fetus will not survive, etc. --not talking about that.

contraceptive, late-term abortions are barbaric. You have an extremist position.
Since when have I supported late-term elective abortion?

Upvote 0

Merrill

Mar 25, 2023
Chicago
✟56,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pfft. I'm exactly the prototypical person you're talking about. I'm a man in my 30s, not married, don't own a house, etc. You can lay off with the condescension - I'm pretty sure I'm more in touch with my own situation than you are, no matter how many "younger single friends" you have.
so why aren't you married?

serious question --not being combative.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
so why aren't you married?

serious question --not being combative.
Frankly, that's none of your business. Not being combative - just far more personal than I care to get on the internet.

Upvote 0

Merrill

Mar 25, 2023
Chicago
✟56,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Frankly, that's none of your business. Not being combative - just far more personal than I care to get on the internet.
It seems like you are White Knighting hard, not holding women accountable for anything, excusing their behavior, putting them on pedestals, and spouting out feminist tropes and political slogans

Women don't find that attractive, and guys who tell them what they want to hear are viewed as doormats

You should talk to the other men on this board and elsewhere who have successful marriages, children, etc. and get meaningful advice.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
It seems like you are White Knighting hard, not holding women accountable for anything, excusing their behavior, putting them on pedestals, and spouting out feminist tropes and political slogans

Women don't find that attractive, and guys who tell them what they want to hear are viewed as doormats

You should talk to the other men on this board and elsewhere who have successful marriages, children, etc. and get meaningful advice.

@RocksInMyHead I’m in my mid thirties, met my wife in my late twenties on a dating app. We are happily married, have a child, and own our own home. Ignore all advice from posts by @Merrill on this thread unless you want to die alone and bitter. Their posts sound like they are trying to recruit men to be incels. For what ends I’m not sure.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
@RocksInMyHead I’m in my mid thirties, met my wife in my late twenties on a dating app. We are happily married, have a child, and own our own home. Ignore all advice from posts by @Merrill on this thread unless you want to die alone and bitter. Their posts sound like they are trying to recruit men to be incels. For what ends I’m not sure.
Oh, I'm well aware. I explicitly called him out for spreading RedPill/incel BS a few posts back. For what end? I think there are some people out there who genuinely believe that crap, and others are bitter, jaded, hurting, and looking for someone to throw the blame on - women are just a convenient target.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

I know you think you're being helpful, but I didn't come here looking for advice and I'm quite happy with where I am in my life right now. If and when I do need advice, I'm not going to go looking for it from strangers on internet forums - especially from people like you who push values and beliefs that run counter to those that I was raised with and hold dear.

Upvote 0

Merrill

Mar 25, 2023
Chicago
✟56,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
thanks for chiming in with the completely worthless post.

Nowhere did I say men should go MGTOW --I specifically said a guy should try to find a good wife. So don't start putting words in my mouth in some lame attempt at a dogpile.

And the rest of the users here would do well to be suspicious of guys who promote late-term abortions, anti-Christian tropes, and third-wave feminism. This isn't reddit

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
thanks for chiming in with the completely worthless post.

Nowhere did I say men should go MGTOW --I specifically said a guy should try to find a good wife. So don't start putting words in my mouth in some lame attempt at a dogpile.

And the rest of the users here would do well to be suspicious of guys who promote late-term abortions, anti-Christian tropes, and third-wave feminism. This isn't reddit

You said for him to get advice from members of this board. I am member of this board so I gave him advice.

You may not believe on MTGOW but your advice is going to cause MTGOW. Telling men to complain about how women are and it is women’s and society’s fault that men can’t find a partner. Never having the men take responsibility for themselves. They are the common denominator in everyone of their failed relationships. Maybe they have a character flaw that makes them unattractive partner.

If they work on themselves, they can make themselves into being someone other people want to spend time and possibly life with. Instead you tell them they aren’t the problem, everyone else is. When that inevitably fails to work, the man will grow bitter and will continue to be alone, and grow more bitter.

My positions on other things doesn’t change the fact that your advice on this thread is trash and shouldn’t be listened to.

Upvote 0

Merrill

Mar 25, 2023
Chicago
✟56,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You said for him to get advice from members of this board. I am member of this board so I gave him advice.

You may not believe on MTGOW but your advice is going to cause MTGOW. Telling men to complain about how women are and it is women’s and society’s fault that men can’t find a partner. Never having the men take responsibility for themselves. They are the common denominator in everyone of their failed relationships. Maybe they have a character flaw that makes them unattractive partner.

If they work on themselves, they can make themselves into being someone other people want to spend time and possibly life with. Instead you tell them they aren’t the problem, everyone else is. When that inevitably fails to work, the man will grow bitter and will continue to be alone, and grow more bitter.

My positions on other things doesn’t change the fact that your advice on this thread is trash and shouldn’t be listened to.
I would say that everyone, male and female, needs to work on themselves. My advice is not for men to go MGTOW, and I can post links to dozens of women who actually agree with everything I said here. Just because it doesn't jive with your narrative fantasy about how things work in the dating scene, doesn't make them invalid.

It seems like the leftist is quick to blame society for just about everything, save for this one thing

Upvote 0