Apr 22, 2005
Kansas City Area ,Mo
Visit site
✟105,976.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Mat Kearney, while good in his own right, is nothing like Dave Matthews Band. Honestly I can't think of any Christian artists even close to them...
yea....It was a stretch...

I still can't think anything

as far as Mat Kearney....I think the mellowness reminded me of DMB

Upvote 0

Macewindu77815

I'm trying real hard to be the shepard.
Jan 5, 2004
Taxachusetts
✟9,883.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I can see where you are coming from, and actually he is probably the single person in Christian music very, very vaguely similar to Dave Matthews...but Dave Matthews Band is very unique and finding a duplicate of them even in the mainstream would be hard.

Upvote 0

MoreInSorrow

Your tomorrow will never take you past My palm
Mar 17, 2005
✟2,233.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Closest you're going to get to DMB, in my opinion, is David Crowder, but really, only from the acoustic vibe. DMB is too much of a jam band to really be comparable on the CCM side to anyone.

I've actually found that while I don't agree with some of DMB's lyrics, he is actually very knowledgable in the Bible and what it says. Over the years he's sprinkled quite a bit of his lyrics with passages from the Bible, sung as storylines.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KristianJ

What's in a name? Letters...
Feb 9, 2004
Sydney, Australia
✟35,788.00
Faith
Christian
Todd Agnew's voice most resembles Dave Matthew's if you ask me.

Some of the songs on his first album were stylistically pretty similar. But you'll be hard pressed to find anything that's consistently very similar to the overall DMB vibe.

Upvote 0