Somewhat new to threads. Former atheist, now living for Christ: Youtuber Apologetics

madluvofficial

Oct 10, 2017
St. Petersburg
✟27,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
hi everyone!

I realized after being in these threads for a couple of weeks I hadn’t really introduced myself.

My name is Daniel, I’m a 36 year old software engineer, former atheist and I love Jesus.

I love Apologetics and I make YouTube videos for a little channel to provide insight and resources for Christians.
Check it out if you like:

I’m super stoked to learn more in these forums! I really appreciate your time!

Do these forums have a mobile app or no?

Thanks again and God bless!

RC1970

post tenebras lux
Jul 7, 2015
✟80,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
hi everyone!

I realized after being in these threads for a couple of weeks I hadn’t really introduced myself.

My name is Daniel, I’m a 36 year old software engineer, former atheist and I love Jesus.

I love Apologetics and I make YouTube videos for a little channel to provide insight and resources for Christians.

Welcome to CF, Daniel. :wave:

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
hi everyone!

Welcome aboard, Daniel. I wish you the best in reaching out to the atheist community. I was raised in an atheist family but did not come to a full knowledge of Christ until I was 32, although I was never an atheist myself. In other words, even though my father said there was no God, in my heart I knew better. Reaching atheists is not by reason by through the heart.

BTW, be careful not use the forum for SEO optimization and link baiting. Only refer to your videos when they are relevant to discussions you are participating in. Good luck.

Upvote 0

Little Lantern

Be encouraged! Christ has overcome the world!
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2017
USA
✟223,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Greetings, and welcome to CF, Daniel. May you find good fellowship and godly encouragement here. Glad to see you on the forums, and super happy to see you in the family of God! :)

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
hi everyone!

Listening now.

Welcome! I'm so glad for you showing up and testifying.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One thing we will learn if we try is what Christ meant by "be perfect."

We all must listen, and hear, Christ's words to us, and put them into practice in our lives, or in time we will eventually be destroyed if we fail to -- Matthew 7:24-27
(we should all read and digest all of this wonderful chapter 7, every word, taking our time!).

In order for our faith to endure, we must be on the rock of hearing and putting His words to us into practice in our lives.

And that....becoming "perfect" in a sense -- putting His words to us into practice in our lives.

No matter if it is two steps forward and one step back, over and over. We progress because we focus on Him, listening to His words, believing in Him, taking communion, praying the Lord's prayer. These make us progress.

So, when we read Matthew chapter 5, and we hear Christ saying to us --

"Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

we will be able to understand the real meaning of this word "perfect" if we read the verses leading right into this --

Matthew 5:38 Context: "You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.'

Read and listen, and you will see -- to love even an enemy, that's "perfect". We aren't to have already been perfect, but we are to walk with Him towards perfect, progressing, and bearing fruit of doing His commands (very helpful: John chapter 15, verses 1-17).

In time, you should not only forgive an enemy -- which you must do -- but more, you should even be perfect to even love that enemy! In time. Work and pray and progress to do as He says. :)

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

madluvofficial

Oct 10, 2017
St. Petersburg
✟27,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome aboard, Daniel. I wish you the best in reaching out to the atheist community. I was raised in an atheist family but did not come to a full knowledge of Christ until I was 32, although I was never an atheist myself. In other words, even though my father said there was no God, in my heart I knew better. Reaching atheists is not by reason by through the heart.

BTW, be careful not use the forum for SEO optimization and link baiting. Only refer to your videos when they are relevant to discussions you are participating in. Good luck.
Absolutely yes sir! I’ll do that or start a relevant thread. Is There a more appropriate place to put media/videos?
Thanks!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

madluvofficial

Oct 10, 2017
St. Petersburg
✟27,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Greetings, and welcome to CF, Daniel. May you find good fellowship and godly encouragement here. Glad to see you on the forums, and super happy to see you in the family of God! :)
You are too kind! thank you!!

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Absolutely yes sir! I’ll do that or start a relevant thread. Is There a more appropriate place to put media/videos?
Thanks!
Any thread is fine as long as the video contributes to the conversation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
hi everyone!

Hi Daniel... I have a subject in mind that I believe would make a great topic for a video. You will see from the poll that the church is quite divided on the question of whether or not little Colton Burpo of "Heaven is for Real" is a credible witness or not?

I think that he is highly credible.......... I loved both the book as well as the movie.

Friends of yours watch Heaven Is For Real and ask you about it?

Is Colton Burpo a credible witness?
Edit
  1. *
    Yes
    10 vote(s)
    47.6%

2. No
    9 vote(s)
    42.9%

3. I am not sure but I am looking into this.
    2 vote(s)
    9.5%

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Thank you so very much!!!

Being as this topic comes up in your video you might enjoy this other discussion........

God's many plans for the Gay community???????

I am pretty sure it is over five years since I read the NDE of Mr. Christian Andreason. His NDE account has had a major impact on my life.

As a former follower of Mr. Garner Ted Armstrong and his dad Mr. Herbert Armstong I must admit that these statements put me into some serious cognitive dissonance at first!!!!??

What about sexually diverse people?

If this world was to ever find out just a small amount of what sexually diverse (gay) people are here to do on this planet, there would never be one single wisecrack or hurtful remark made ever again. Instead there would be great respect! People who speak disrespectful things about people of this orientation ... enact judgment, and do so from a place of unenlightenment, insecurity, ego and socially induced prejudice. Some may use mistranslated scriptures taught to them, not by the Holy Spirit ... but by fear-filled human beings. Many will choose to sustain a Divinely unsupported satanic hate-based rage against these children of God, rather than using Love to bring understanding and healing between both peoples. Christ said, THE GREATEST COMMANDMENT IS THAT WE ARE TO LOVE ONE ANOTHER! When people sling condemnation, judgment and bitterness at others, they are not practicing the great commandment. They are allowing their Souls to fall into darkness." (near-death .com)

Five or six years later on and finally I feel confident enough to go into specifics as to what I strongly suspect are a few of the actual plans that the God of Abraham, the Creator of heaven and earth has in mind for the Gay community!!!!

Upvote 0

madluvofficial

Oct 10, 2017
St. Petersburg
✟27,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Daniel... I have a subject in mind that I believe would make a great topic for a video. You will see from the poll that the church is quite divided on the question of whether or not little Colton Burpo of "Heaven is for Real" is a credible witness or not?

I think that he is highly credible.......... I loved both the book as well as the movie.

Friends of yours watch Heaven Is For Real and ask you about it?

Is Colton Burpo a credible witness?
Edit
  1. *
    Yes
    10 vote(s)
    47.6%

2. No
    9 vote(s)
    42.9%

3. I am not sure but I am looking into this.
    2 vote(s)
    9.5%
Sorry for the late reply. Very interesting. I’ll definitely check it out! I have a few videos lined up already so it may take a while! You doing good brother? Ready for Christmas food?

• Winner
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0