• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

something to think about

Status
Not open for further replies.

bg100

Feb 5, 2008
✟7,627.00
Faith
Anglican
I had a pretty bad breakdown this morning, I am not going to say I am over it but I feel better. It did get me thinking though. Does God OCD? Does God love us more because we deal with the constant bombardments that frankly scare all of us. I think a lot of peoples fears involve being sent to hell. I think God would never let that happen because of a bad thought. I sometimes wonder if the mind and the soul are seperate anyways. If so why would God create a hell, because everything would be consumed back into his Grace. Sorry just kind of ranting for therapy

Jayangel81

Child of the Most High
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2007
Long Island Ny, USA
✟49,584.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I sometimes wonder if the mind and the soul are seperate anyways.

I believe it it is and I wish mine was destroyed :(

I also dont think its that He loves us more per say, I think His love is unchanging. I just think He keeps pouring His grace upon us. I belive when He sees us in these conditions it makes Him weep, for the things we go through.

Upvote 0

Delivered17

Jul 2, 2008
United Kingdom
✟15,144.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
:thumbsup: Dear BG When we become saved it is our spirits that become new and our sins forgiven. The soul is our mind and emotions which include our thoughts so our thoughts do not in any way affect our spirits which are already cleansed and forgiven. God knows our hearts and He knows the truth deep within our spirits that we truly do love Him. OCD is a terrible illness and satan knows this and uses this to torment us, the first place he will attack is the mind filling it with all kinds of doubt and uncertainty. But the good news is satan is already defeated and God knows the true you and is fighting the battle for us all. Good luck and God Bless.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.