"Someone's going to get shot." Georgia Official responds to death threats from Donald's followers.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Trump Doubles Down on False Election Claims After Georgia Official Warns “Someone Is Going to Get Shot”
“This has to stop,” Sterling said in a speech at the Georgia Capitol on Tuesday, pleading on behalf of election workers under his supervision who have recently been threatened with violence online. “Someone is going to get hurt. Someone is going to get shot. Someone’s going to get killed. And it’s not right. It’s not right.”

Sterling cited an incident in which an election worker in Gwinnett County, Georgia, received death threats from social media users, including an image of a noose directed toward him.

Nothing like Democracy in action...

Thoughts?

Sif

Nov 11, 2015
Rocky Mountain Region
✟307,567.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private

In my job I do threat analysis/assessment. For sometimes now the largest threat here in the US has been and is from the political right (Far-right or alt-right or whatever name you wish to give it). Given the deep anger/hatred I see on the right and based on my own analysis I have to agree with the Georgia official.

The thing I find very disturbing are the number of pro-gun people on the right going along with the hatful rhetoric and believing the false claims. I am very pro-gun myself but I find myself siding more with wanting tighter restrictions on such weapons given the threats being made to people either in person or via social media.

I disagree with many on the right as well as the left and a wide variety of topics. However, I would never consider violence in any form a justified response to those disagreements.

It is my personal opinion only that the US will see increased threats as we move close to January 20th. I also see it continuing past that. I hope I am wrong.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Nothing like social media blowing smoke and the left making as big a deal as possible about it.

His name is Gabriel Sterling. He is not social media. He is an actual human being getting actual death threats from actual Donald supporters.

Life and death are big deals to some people.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I think Trump has shown get restraint compared to some on the other side! :)

Great restraint... Our only saving grace has been that Trump is terminally inept at staging a coup, same goes for everyone around him and the fail safes of our government have been brilliantly designed to stop or at least slow down tyranny. He’ll rightly be remembered as the most antagonistic president in American history.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
His name is Gabriel Sterling. He is not social media. He is an actual human being getting actual death threats from actual Donald supporters.

Not sure why you repeated his name, its irrelavant to point. The Trump supporters are social media who could be anyone, stoned, drunk, angry or just having a good ol time, and still, just blowing smoke.

Nothing to see here.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Not sure why you repeated his name, its irrelavant to point. The Trump supporters are social media who could be anyone, stoned, drunk, angry or just having a good ol time, and still, just blowing smoke.

Nothing to see here.

Nothing till the violence actually starts anyway. Right now though, terrorizing an election official is the mark of a disgusting human being.

It's a symptom of how bad the conspiracy theory driven right wings collective headspace is at right now though.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nothing till the violence actually starts anyway. Right now though, terrorizing an election official is the mark of a disgusting human being.

It's a symptom of how bad the conspiracy theory driven right wings collective headspace is at right now though.

I honestly expect nothing to come of this...watch and see.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Nothing to see here.

His name is irrelevant, his life is nothing, and threatening to kill him is a good ol time.

I learn more and more from Donald's supporters every day.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I honestly expect nothing to come of this...watch and see.

I agree. As Donald's followers ae very much like himself, they prefer tough talk from a very safe distance.

If any perpetrators are caught, they'll probably cry.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Sif
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
  • Winner
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Someone did get shot his name is Steve Scalise. Did you see anything with the way liberals talk about conservatives change?

Your justification is noted.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
your viewpoint is noted

Indeed -- Death threats are not how to get the government to do what you want.

I would've thought that wouldn't be a partisan viewpoint. It appears I was mistaken.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Indeed -- Death threats are not how to get the government to do what you want.

I would've thought that wouldn't be a partisan viewpoint. It appears I was mistaken.
You, making a Mistake, oh come now.

Upvote 0