Planet Earth
✟12,597.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Two female friends of mine are in trouble.

One might be going to prision on NYC for drugs.
The other is a hard drug addict in LA.

They both are involved in the sex trade (making inappropriate content videos, working as strippers and prostitutes).

I need to know how can I contact people in both NYC and LA (also the Orange County) that can help them in:

1. Dealing with their drug problems.
2. Giving them the support to get out of the sex trade and deal with the scarlet letter attached to it.
3. Dealing and advising their Catholic families in how to help them and not to make things worse.

I would appreciate if somebody that actually know people in those areas who can help me in those things give the info. Social Workers, doctors, lawyers, priest or nuns. Anybody with experience.

Also prayers are welcome.

fated

The White Hart
Jul 22, 2007
Illinois (non-Chicago)
✟26,223.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Two female friends of mine are in trouble.

One might be going to prision on NYC for drugs.
The other is a hard drug addict in LA.

They both are involved in the sex trade (making inappropriate content videos, working as strippers and prostitutes).

I need to know how can I contact people in both NYC and LA (also the Orange County) that can help them in:

1. Dealing with their drug problems.
2. Giving them the support to get out of the sex trade and deal with the scarlet letter attached to it.
3. Dealing and advising their Catholic families in how to help them and not to make things worse.

I would appreciate if somebody that actually know people in those areas who can help me in those things give the info. Social Workers, doctors, lawyers, priest or nuns. Anybody with experience.

Also prayers are welcome.
It's always tragic when prostitutes get prosecuted. Most of them started when they were minors and got addicted to drugs, their money is in the hands of pimps, and they use and sell drugs. No surprise there... We need some reform in how we treat prostitutes under the law. This is not profession that women choose (at least not in the vast majority of cases).

Upvote 0

fated

The White Hart
Jul 22, 2007
Illinois (non-Chicago)
✟26,223.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The OP title doesn't fly.

People with drug addictions go to detox.

People that are living a disordered life need to get their life back in order.

. . .
Perhaps.

Nonetheless, here's the link:
http://www.usccb.org/dioceses.shtml

Some of these people do get thrown into prison, especially if they repeatedly find themselves in this state in life. Which is sad, because many times they just didn't get connected with people who were waiting to help.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,092,163.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Covenant House works with teens with many of these problems. I'm not sure if your friends are older teens or young adults, but they have a nationwide crisis hotline with information and referrals.

http://www.covenanthouse.org/nineline/

Even if your friends are too old to be helped by Covenant House, I am sure they deal with enough similar problems that they could guide them in the right direction.

Upvote 0

InTheCloud

Veteran
May 9, 2007
Planet Earth
✟12,597.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
They are in the mid twenties. But Covenat House will help. I think the Catholic Church do have apostulates to adult prostitutes (including inappropriate content actress) in other places but I do not know of NYC and LA despite the large Catholic population in those cities. And is sorely needed.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.