Site Supporter
Mar 20, 2017
No. California
✟95,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm just old enough to remember the Korean war and it was a frigid experience for our troops. We do not want to go back in there. The problem is, we have 30,000 Americans in harm's way just across the DMZ. We need to get them out of there, and we should use South Korea's rejection of our defensive missile system (about 2 weeks ago) as an excuse to remove them to our ships offshore. Then, we should obliterate North Korea with everything we have before they obliterate us. Now I know that is not very Christian of me, but I'm concerned President Trump is about to take action, and as a veteran, I want our guys out first. Thoughts?

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm just old enough to remember the Korean war and it was a frigid experience for our troops. We do not want to go back in there. The problem is, we have 30,000 Americans in harm's way just across the DMZ. We need to get them out of there, and we should use South Korea's rejection of our defensive missile system (about 2 weeks ago) as an excuse to remove them to our ships offshore. Then, we should obliterate North Korea with everything we have before they obliterate us. Now I know that is not very Christian of me, but I'm concerned President Trump is about to take action, and as a veteran, I want our guys out first. Thoughts?
Well I agree. Other than missile defense I think the Republic of Korea (South Korea) can take care of themselves now. They are a modern and well trained military thanks to us.

I think we are way below the 30K troops now and most of our forces remaining were off the DMZ area (save one battalion) back when I served over there in the late 90s.

We have a much smaller footprint now:

Installation Overview -- Army Installation Camp Casey, Korea

The ultimate plan is to move all of the 2ID combat forces south of Seoul. Should have happened already, but there are construction delays is what I hear.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
My grandfather is a vet of the Korean war and I totally agree with you. It's time to do something. Once they start testing ICBMs with a range of 4,000 miles and can hit U.S. soil (like yesterday's test), and they have nukes and have threatened to use them on us, all bets are off. I'm ready for shock and awe.

Upvote 0

HenryM

Dec 21, 2016
ZXC
✟32,716.00
Country
Bangladesh
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Most don't realize that God taking Israel into warfare, and giving them victory, was a type of punishment for Israel. The lure to take God's warfare decrees to Israel in Old Testament era and transpose it to Christians is quite big folly, as I see it.

When James and John asked Jesus to call fire down from heaven to destroy Samaritan village, Jesus rebuked them.

When Jesus was prepping handful of disciples to preach Gospel to the whole world in utmost hostile environment, He told them that two swords they already had were enough. And when they used a sword for the first time afterwards, in defense, Jesus rebuked them saying: "Put your sword back in its place. For all who draw the sword will die by the sword."

Jesus told us not to worry about tomorrow.

Jesus told us to love our enemies.

Jesus took His cross, and said: "Take your cross and follow me."

God said: "It is mine to avenge, I will repay."

And we have a word of God that God will bring into judgment both the righteous and the wicked, for there will be a time for every activity, a time to judge every deed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Jesus told us not to worry about tomorrow.
Jesus told us to love our enemies.
Jesus took His cross, and said: "Take your cross and follow me."
Amein and HalleluYAH ! FOREVER ! YHWH'S WAY IS GOOD, RIGHT and TRUE.

Notice when Israel CANNOT defend itself anymore,
when Israel CALLS ON the NAME ABOVE EVERY NAME,
when Israel cries out with one heart and one soul and one mind "Blessed is He Who Comes in the Name of Adonai" (Yeshua, Messiah, Master, King)

THEN YHWH immediately sends Y'SHUA to rescue His People,
and destroys the enemy in His Own Vengeance, Divine,
as He Says in His Word;

He is returning for everyone who is earerly waiting for Him, looking for Him, relying on Him and trusting Him every day.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Tthe USA didnt need to start the last Korean war and your proposing to do it again?
In Revelation , and perhaps several other Scriptures,

YHWH reveals that the one(s) responsible for all the blood shed
will suffer by His vengeance upon them.

Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
None
✟30,626.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well I agree. Other than missile defense I think the Republic of Korea (South Korea) can take care of themselves now. They are a modern and well trained military thanks to us.

I think we are way below the 30K troops now and most of our forces remaining were off the DMZ area (save one battalion) back when I served over there in the late 90s.

We have a much smaller footprint now:

Installation Overview -- Army Installation Camp Casey, Korea

The ultimate plan is to move all of the 2ID combat forces south of Seoul. Should have happened already, but there are construction delays is what I hear.

An old friend of mine is a Marine in SK. USFK includes Marines, airmen, sailors and soldiers.
Pretty sure he floated a number around 35,000 or more (combined branches and personnel).

SK should take what we offer, how we offer or we pull out and tell them good luck.

• Agree
Reactions: jimmyjimmy
Upvote 0

Stormy

Senior Contributor
Jun 16, 2002
St. Louis, Mo
Visit site
✟51,954.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
There needs to be much more dialogue before we reach the point of total destruction. Yes, I know NK is developing a nuke that could harm the USA. But remember we already have the power to destroy. One of the reasons that we do not use it is because it would also mean our destruction. The same holds true for NK.

I pray our leaders to do what is best and only what is necessary. I trust God to grant them the wisdom. All we can do is pray.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟961,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called children of God." Matthew 5:9

"And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more." Isaiah 2:4

Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My grandfather is a vet of the Korean war and I totally agree with you. It's time to do something. Once they start testing ICBMs with a range of 4,000 miles and can hit U.S. soil (like yesterday's test), and they have nukes and have threatened to use them on us, all bets are off. I'm ready for shock and awe.
We have the perfect weapon for North Korea.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You need to go back to your school and demand a refund. They've taught you lies and foolishness.
Being insulting isnt what Id expect from here. If you have an opinion offer it. I'd expect an adult to offer me reason not insults....and by the way Im still at school and doing well thank you, and seem to have better manners than you.

Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Being insulting isnt what Id expect from here. If you have an opinion offer it. I'd expect an adult to offer me reason not insults....and by the way Im still at school and doing well thank you, and seem to have better manners than you.
Your statement was an unqualified lie.
I don't consider that good manners. I consider that the product of America loathing teachers continuing to re-write history. If i were on your school board I'd request the termination of your history teacher.

Why don't you ask some of our Korean vets that you insulted what they think of your slander? These men suffered through the worst of conditions and many of them were denied the same benefits of other soldiers because we didn't want to call the Korean conflict a war. And you want to accuse them of starting it????

• Agree
Reactions: Mccleary
Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:doh:Really?????!!!!
Tell that to the madmen who are actively trying to get nuclear weapons with which to attack us.
Just don't do it in person, there's no promise you'll get out of North Korea alive.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Your statement was an unqualified lie.
I don't consider that good manners. I consider that the product of America loathing teachers continuing to re-write history. If i were on your school board I'd request the termination of your history teacher.

Why don't you ask some of our Korean vets that you insulted what they think of your slander? These men suffered through the worst of conditions and many of them were denied the same benefits of other soldiers because we didn't want to call the Korean conflict a war. And you want to accuse them of starting it????
yes you still say the same insults - and I dont lie... if you disagree with history then state what you disagree with not a rant about vets who fought a war against a country that did nothing to the USA but suffered perpetual bombing from the USA... but by all means...show how my history teacher was incorrect stating that the USA attacked Korea... or are you suggesting Korea attacked the USA. And dont blame my teacher for the suffering of your vets...that's your governments fault. But I totally get you - its always uncomfortable when a country attacks another and is held accountable by history - eg Korea, Nicaragua, WMD in Iraq (oops no WMD), Vietnam, Cambodia...tell me how these countries attacked the USA. Tell me how it is the USA used more chemical weapons on Cambodia and Vietnam then the world has used in combined conflicts.... and yes this is what we learn in history.

• Winner
Reactions: MDC
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,183.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Tell that to the madmen who are actively trying to get nuclear weapons with which to attack us.
Just don't do it in person, there's no promise you'll get out of North Korea alive.
All I have to say to you is there will not be any winners in a nuclear war.

Upvote 0