Houston
✟26,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
To Aiki: this is something I've thought about before and it really is something I should address. As a youth I believed in God but I can't really say I've ever had a sincere feeling of Gods love thru Jesus resurrection. Like I never got the whole picture of "he died for my sins". Like I believed it but it didn't hit my heart. Its like God and Jesus Christ were history lessons to me almost. There wasn't a powerful conviction in me. I believed in sin cause I remember the feeling of guilt..but now I'm at the point I don't know if I believe in sin anymore. Like my mind wants to believe that we were just made this way. I see a lot of things in a different way now. Its like I remember watching inappropriate contentography for the first time when I was young, there was a disgusting feeling of sin in me. But the second and third time I started to lose sense of that feeling and then after a while I didn't care anymore. I ponder this and I realize even now I know single christian friends who actually casually watch inappropriate contentography. And yet they believe in God. Sin is such a strange thing to me. I think it goes down to us being divine or not. If I can stamp myself as a divine creation then I really am someone or something that should be able to distinguish and be punished for sins. Keep in mind as ridiculous as it sounds, I still don't know if I come from an ape...I know I'm going everywhere on my topic, I apologize, but I really do look in the mirror now that I'm going thru seek mode, and look at my nose my eyes my ears and ask myself am I really from an ape like these scientists are telling me. If I'm not from an ape then I'm divine, if I'm divine there is a God, if there is a God then everything in the bible just gets a thousand proof points

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
To Aiki: this is something I've thought about before and it really is something I should address. As a youth I believed in God but I can't really say I've ever had a sincere feeling of Gods love thru Jesus resurrection. Like I never got the whole picture of "he died for my sins". Like I believed it but it didn't hit my heart. Its like God and Jesus Christ were history lessons to me almost. There wasn't a powerful conviction in me.
Well, I don't know that a person can say they've really met God, that they've walked with Him, if they never truly loved Him. There used to be some lyrics to an old country and western song that went, "To know me is to love me..." While this isn't particularly true of human beings, it is of God. To truly know God is to truly love Him. That you can't ever lay claim to loving God suggests, then, that your belief in God was simply intellectual assent, a thing of the head rather than the heart. Walking with God entails much more than mere intellectual assent. No wonder you have strayed from your beliefs about your Maker. You haven't ever entered into the joy, and peace, and love of fellowship with Him.

It would be an odd thing to have to work up feelings of love for a woman that weren't there naturally, that weren't provoked by something love-worthy in the woman. Likewise, loving God is something that is provoked by what we perceive as love-worthy in Him. This is what the apostle John is getting at when he writes that "we love Him (God) because He first loved us." We are not asked by God to love Him in a vacuum of reason to do so.

You are aware of the sacrifice of Christ on the cross, but to fully appreciate it, to see the great love in Christ's sacrifice for you, requires, in part, acknowledging a bitter truth about yourself: that you are a very great sinner who deserves death and punishment rather than the life and love God offers to you. No person is naturally inclined to confess this as true. It takes an act of God to make us see ourselves as He sees us. And until God shows you yourself, unvarnished and nasty, you will never properly appreciate the enormity of the sacrifice He made for you. Without this appreciation I don't believe any person can truly love God as they ought to. Christ speaks of this to Simon the Pharisee:

Luke 7:36-47
36 Then one of the Pharisees asked Him to eat with him. And He went to the Pharisee's house, and sat down to eat.
37 And behold, a woman in the city who was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at the table in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster flask of fragrant oil,
38 and stood at His feet behind Him weeping; and she began to wash His feet with her tears, and wiped them with the hair of her head; and she kissed His feet and anointed them with the fragrant oil.
39 Now when the Pharisee who had invited Him saw this, he spoke to himself, saying, "This man, if He were a prophet, would know who and what manner of woman this is who is touching Him, for she is a sinner."
40 And Jesus answered and said to him, "Simon, I have something to say to you." So he said, "Teacher, say it."
41 "There was a certain creditor who had two debtors. One owed five hundred denarii, and the other fifty.
42 And when they had nothing with which to repay, he freely forgave them both. Tell Me, therefore, which of them will love him more?"
43 Simon answered and said, "I suppose the one whom he forgave more." And He said to him, "You have rightly judged."
44 Then He turned to the woman and said to Simon, "Do you see this woman? I entered your house; you gave Me no water for My feet, but she has washed My feet with her tears and wiped them with the hair of her head.
45 You gave Me no kiss, but this woman has not ceased to kiss My feet since the time I came in.
46 You did not anoint My head with oil, but this woman has anointed My feet with fragrant oil.
47 Therefore I say to you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much. But to whom little is forgiven, the same loves little."

Simon had just as much of which to be forgiven as the woman he so easily condemned. But he didn't see himself that way. He thought he was pretty good. As a result, he could not understand nor experience the kind of powerful love for Jesus that had gripped the woman weeping and washing Jesus' feet with her hair. What was true of Simon is true of us all. So long as we fail to see ourselves as the great sinners that we are and thereby fail to recognize the incredible mercy, grace and love God extends to us in Christ's death on the cross, we will never understand what is really meant when John writes, "we love him because he first loved us."

I believed in sin cause I remember the feeling of guilt..but now I'm at the point I don't know if I believe in sin anymore. Like my mind wants to believe that we were just made this way. I see a lot of things in a different way now. Its like I remember watching inappropriate contentography for the first time when I was young, there was a disgusting feeling of sin in me. But the second and third time I started to lose sense of that feeling and then after a while I didn't care anymore. I ponder this and I realize even now I know single christian friends who actually casually watch inappropriate contentography. And yet they believe in God. Sin is such a strange thing to me.
Sin always has a clouding and numbing effect on our belief in God. It cuts us off from our holy Maker.

Isaiah 59:1-2
1 Behold, the Lord's hand is not shortened, That it cannot save; Nor His ear heavy, That it cannot hear.
2 But your iniquities have separated you from your God; And your sins have hidden His face from you, So that He will not hear.

What's the remedy for this situation?

1 John 1:9
9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Real, heart-level belief in God always shows up in how one lives. If one's belief in God does not shape one's behaviour, it is doubtful that one truly has genuine, at-the-core belief in Him.

I think it goes down to us being divine or not. If I can stamp myself as a divine creation then I really am someone or something that should be able to distinguish and be punished for sins.
This capacity doesn't make anyone divine, only like the divine. We are made in God's image, but we are not God. The pot a potter makes is not equal to its creator. Not even close. One can see something of the potter in what he has made but this doesn't constitute a direct similarity between the pot and the potter who made it. In the same way, something of God may be seen in us, but that does not make us divine as God is. Not even close.

Keep in mind as ridiculous as it sounds, I still don't know if I come from an ape...I know I'm going everywhere on my topic, I apologize, but I really do look in the mirror now that I'm going thru seek mode, and look at my nose my eyes my ears and ask myself am I really from an ape like these scientists are telling me.
No, you are not descended from apes. You know, even if one did grant that Evolution was completely true, it wouldn't prove that God did not exist. I've wondered at how people think the ToE somehow disproves God. It really doesn't.

If I'm not from an ape then I'm divine, if I'm divine there is a God, if there is a God then everything in the bible just gets a thousand proof points
Let me ask you this: where did everything come from? Why is there something rather than nothing?

Selah.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Blood of the lamb: I have heard, yes, that science is in fact compatible with the bible. The word day in Genesis could have been used like the phrase "back in my day" or "days like this", which would imply that maybe God took his time and didn't do it in 6 literal days. The same could be said with the supposed big bang..perhaps God could have "sparked" the explosion. God can fit pretty much anywheres it seems. But I do however have a very hard time seeing how evolution is compatible. And evolution connects with millions and billions of years and ties with the big bang. If the million/billion talk is correct then the only way I could see myself as divine would be if God made things in waves--no evolution.

I would like to point you to some presentations concerning these topics from a scientific standpoint. You would see even more clearly that science is compatible with the bible.

The presenter himself, has one of the most fascinating stories ever, growing up as a Catholic, then became an Athiest, got into the occult a bit, was a well respected scientist and found God. Here are the presentations he has presented:

Browse Media - The Genesis Conflict - English - Amazing Discoveries TV

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What you have stated about prayer is basically the only thing that gives me any type of hope. That is, that through this terrible lack of belief and skepticism and so forth, the only sign of faith that I've kept is my ability to pray. I can doubt and unbelieve or even be indifferent to God all day, but for that minute that I pray to God, I believe. You may have been just using prayer as a mere example, but to me it reminds me that something inside..something past my brain/mind/thoughts, is some sort of faith. Last night when I went to bed I told myself there was nothing I could do anymore nothing works and I even told myself that I would cease praying...my fan was off there wasn't a single bit of sound in my room and I couldn't help it...I prayed...God I'm here and let me be ready when you are

MCA,

I relate very much to what you wrote. I go through it quite often myself - less now than previously, but still. I've learned that it's just mind static, and not to give it more attention than it deserves - which isn't much, because it distracts from useful thoughts and contemplation. I usually just identify it and then cast it aside.

Remember this: Jesus, according to Hebrews 13, is the author and finisher of our faith. Php 1.6 tells us that He will continue the good work HE has started in us. IOW, it's not up to you, it's up to HIM. He's got both ends and the middle covered quite nicely.

What is your role in this? Primarily, to get yourself out of the way. Once you sincerely ask God to reveal Himself to you, the weight is on Him. It becomes a question of His faithfulness to His promises. We are assured that all His promises in Christ are "yes".

If you proceed under that rubric, rather than thinking you've got to get all your mental, doctrinal and apologetic ducks in a row first before anything can happen, I believe you are going to see results, and fast.

Think on how great a price Jesus paid for our redemption. Watch The Passion of the Christ again, and see what He went through. He did it voluntarily. Having done that, would He turn anyone away who sincerely sought Him? Absolutely not.

Upvote 0

MCA

Heartfelt Stranger
Apr 10, 2013
Houston
✟26,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Selah: I apologize, divine was the incorrect word. I meant to say made uniquely by God. As far as where I come from I admit its ridiculous to believe the world, the cosmos, etc could have created itself from nothing. Same goes for the origins of life. How can life "get started" without guidance. We as people are so sophisticated but still cannot create matter or a living organism. How can it create itself or thru some primordial soup. These ideas are the reason why I feel I am in a really bad place in my mind and perhaps even my heart. Its like clearly God made this universe and the living things in it, but my mind trys to work around that...as theologians have said "atheist don't allow a foot in the door", meaning Gods existence. Others have called it a priori adherence. That one essentially comes to the table of evidence with his mind already made up. You see this is what I want to remove. I want to remove this priori adherence. I want to be a free roamer, because I believe free roamers are led to Christ.

Upvote 0

joey_downunder

big sister
Apr 25, 2009
Land Down Under
✟12,875.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
My name is Matthew and I came to this forum in desperate need of help. I will make this as short as I can so I can keep your attention and God willing, someone can save my poor soul.
Please remember that GOD is the only one who can save you. I see that you sound a bit nervous about opening your bible. How about bible websites instead then? ;)
Jesus Himself said this:
All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out. (John 6:37)

It seems to be fairly common amongst young people to question their upbringing and all the beliefs that came along with that. Attending University where religious beliefs are usually strongly challenged (especially Christian ones) is a tumultuous time period indeed. I once heard that "God only has sons and daughters, not grandchildren etc." That makes perfect sense. Each individual has to have personal faith in God; it is not passed down automatically from generation to generation.

Four years have passed and due to certain events I am now in the seeking mode once again. Unfortunately, this seeking is coming to a close just like once before—nothing is working.
What do you mean by "working"? e.g. Are you looking for feelings and experiences as proof that a personal faith has returned to you *in addition* to believing that what Christianity teaches is true?
I’ve heard that there is no one apologetic teaching or scripture that can turn the unbeliever because the unbeliever is grounded on his beliefs.
Yes that makes sense to me. Like you I went through a stage of approx. 6-7 years where I knew all the Christian arguments but still didn't believe. That was half due to unrepentant sin, half to sincere doubt about the validity of any personal faith I would ever have in a Higher Being.
Christians see the world through God eyes, while the non believer sees the world thru secular teachings on natural things and science so its very hard to “get in”.
That's a bit oversimplified (understatement of the year). All Christians have a previous mindset, emotional baggage, education that remains with them AFTER conversion (being born again and believing in Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour). Some of that hold is broken immediately via being able to see things from God's point of view- quite a miracle in fact! :clap:

As well as that others like myself in several areas have to really have their minds reprogrammed by God because worldly teachings and spiritual deception has such a strong hold over our thinking (and feeling patterns) it can take time and effort and can only happen by keeping close to God over a long time. The power of sin in fact has to be broken. Sin can be invisible after all.

For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds. We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ, being ready to punish every disobedience, when your obedience is complete. (2 Corinthians 10:3-6)

I bet you've heard or read this story but I think it is a relevant one:

An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. "A fight is going on inside me," he said to the boy.
"It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil - he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego." He continued, "The other is good - he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you - and inside every other person, too."
The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?"
The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

It's the same for us Christians as well.

For you interest's sake:
I went through a real twilight stage after I heard someone preaching a few sentences at a local shopping centre in 2006. It really jogged my memory, I remembered what the Gospel was about and so on. I went home, asked sincerely "God, if you're real please convince me that it is the truth and so on."

The thought came very clearly "disprove the resurrection". I knew I was checkmated - I already had all the basic apologetics knowledge - no matter what I was feeling or NOT feeling (had brain surgery that removed all experiences during church services, prayer etc.) I knew the only logical answer is that Jesus had to have risen from the dead...

Did that solve the problem instantly? Oh NO - the struggle began for real. Looking back I realise it was a spiritual one not an intellectual one. I had a lot to "lose" - I have an non-Christian husband, ex-Catholic family, I wouldn't be able to read watch or think whatever I had indulged in since my "faith crisis" started years ago.

I decided that the book I wanted to read was the Book of Proverbs since I recognized that my thinking patterns were most dysfunctional overall. It also seemed least threatening to me if that makes any sense. I didn't remember any "you're a sinner so repent or else" type of message in it.

I read a chapter a day a few times, looking at what verses jumped out at me then searched for sermons or websites online on that topic. Then and only then did a real conviction of sin start in me. I knew all the theology, recognized I was a sinner *in theory*, I started to see how I was a genuine sinner in need of God's grace for the first time in *many years*. I did not sin outwardly, my thinking is what had become perverted and disgraceful and only God could change my heart.

Your sin and wrong thinking patterns has problem set like concrete over your mind. Don't be scared of whether you feel anything or not when you read the bible or pray to God. God moves when He is ready to do that. Remember that this blind man didn't see everything clearly at first. http://www.esvbible.org/Mark+8%3A22-25/

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MCA

Heartfelt Stranger
Apr 10, 2013
Houston
✟26,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Joe down under: thank you dearly for your thoughts and words. When I said nothing is working. What I mean is. The things I hear, the evidence, the persuasive quotes, they give me a feeling of "oh that makes some sense" but it still doesn't get me where I want to be. I want to be able to say to myself and believe "I believe in God the creator of heaven and earth, and I believe that Jesus the son of God died for my sins and rose again". Those are the words I want to be able to say and believe with all my heart. I will die a happy man when I can say those words. Cause I believe if I can't say that one day I will never be at peace. I will die never at peace, never knowing the truth. I want to rest in God. I was driving home from work earlier in traffic..thinking and thinking over again about my situation. I don't want to live the rest of my life not knowing the answer to lifes greatest question.

Upvote 0

joey_downunder

big sister
Apr 25, 2009
Land Down Under
✟12,875.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Joe down under: thank you dearly for your thoughts and words. When I said nothing is working. What I mean is. The things I hear, the evidence, the persuasive quotes, they give me a feeling of "oh that makes some sense" but it still doesn't get me where I want to be. I want to be able to say to myself and believe "I believe in God the creator of heaven and earth, and I believe that Jesus the son of God died for my sins and rose again". Those are the words I want to be able to say and believe with all my heart. I will die a happy man when I can say those words. Cause I believe if I can't say that one day I will never be at peace. I will die never at peace, never knowing the truth. I want to rest in God. I was driving home from work earlier in traffic..thinking and thinking over again about my situation. I don't want to live the rest of my life not knowing the answer to lifes greatest question.
Reading and listening to explanations of why the bible says what it says, evidence for Christianity, personal testimonies does help a lot to *strengthen* faith; however it does not *create* faith.

Romans chapter 10 is the chapter that has a commonly used proof text that faith in Jesus alone saves us (see verses 9-13).
I give the whole chapter to point out this verse in context:

17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.

How much preaching from the *actual bible* have you read/listened to so you hear the full Gospel message?

For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
(Hebrews 4:12 ESV)

Not the wisdom of man, or convincing arguments but the *word of God*.

To help you on your way: Gospel Sermons - SermonAudio.com

I also suggest keywords like salvation, or grace, or forgiveness, or look for personal testimonies that seem to be more gospel-centred etc.

Upvote 0

MCA

Heartfelt Stranger
Apr 10, 2013
Houston
✟26,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I just got out of church with my family. The pastor said God subtracts before he adds. If this is true He has been subtracting in my life for the last 4 years. I am waiting for Him to start adding in my life. I can go on forever with what's on my mind. For now I will enjoy my family

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
B

BluhdoftheLamb

YAY! Thanks for the update. You went to Church, and just from this brief blurb it sounds like this is a good Pastor. (I can't tell from here so don't read too much into that)

You have a sense of contentment, maybe even overflowing? And love for your family! Taken together these are a very good thing, that also suggests this Church is worth going back to :hug:

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
As far as where I come from I admit its ridiculous to believe the world, the cosmos, etc could have created itself from nothing.

Right. But this means Something caused the universe. What would such a Something have to be like in order to have caused the universe?

Same goes for the origins of life. How can life "get started" without guidance. We as people are so sophisticated but still cannot create matter or a living organism. How can it create itself or thru some primordial soup.

Quite so. Again, this points to a transcendent Power at work to bring life into being. We are not solely the products of mechanical, impersonal, natural processes.

These ideas are the reason why I feel I am in a really bad place in my mind and perhaps even my heart. Its like clearly God made this universe and the living things in it, but my mind trys to work around that...as theologians have said "atheist don't allow a foot in the door", meaning Gods existence.

You are not separate from your mind. You make it sound as though your mind is an entity separate from you that is forcing you to thought processes you can't control. This isn't so. You seem to be trying to step away from responsibility for the beliefs and attitudes towards God that you have allowed to developed within your mind and heart. Until this stops, until you own the way you've been thinking, I don't see how you can expect to change what you think.

Selah.

Upvote 0

MCA

Heartfelt Stranger
Apr 10, 2013
Houston
✟26,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Blood of lamb: thank you. This is the church we used to go to and started again about 2 months ago. Today was an evengelist guest speaker. The normal pastor is great too. Today was not bad compared to other times where I go in really not getting much out or not believing anything I hear. I tell myself encouraging things and basically have to puff up my confidence before I walk in church.

Selah: thank you. Its comforting to hear another person boldy say in their own words..its impossible for the universe and the origins altogether to have been created without God. I think you bring up a good point on how I have been pinning everything to "its in my mind". Quite honestly, it is because for the life of me I want to still believe something inside of me still believes. This is due to the fact I'm not the boldest person in the world. If I were a bolder man id probably proclaim atheism and go on with my life. But I will tell you now I am one of the weakest men I know. I have even told my mother, if God is putting me through this He picked the wrong man.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Selah: thank you. Its comforting to hear another person boldy say in their own words..its impossible for the universe and the origins altogether to have been created without God. I think you bring up a good point on how I have been pinning everything to "its in my mind". Quite honestly, it is because for the life of me I want to still believe something inside of me still believes. This is due to the fact I'm not the boldest person in the world. If I were a bolder man id probably proclaim atheism and go on with my life.
I'm afraid this doesn't make any sense. If you acknowledge that the universe could not have come into being out of nothing, if you can see that a Creator-God is required for the universe to exist, why does it take boldness to deny that these things are so? It doesn't take boldness to be an atheist, only a willingness to ignore the obvious. You don't appear to be a timid person because you want to believe God exists; you seem, instead, merely to be rational.

Selah.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MCA

Heartfelt Stranger
Apr 10, 2013
Houston
✟26,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Gosh its hard guys. At least for my unstable mind it is. Going back to the origins of the universe as well as life itself, there is no other way than thru God. Yet evolution is so convincing as well as a universe billions of years old. Its like God made everything and then tinkered with it just so we can question it all. I want to be able to restore my faith thru flowcharts like this but I still need God to bless me with the ability to see past all the gaps and to remove my sense of literal and natural ways. I need my spiritual eyes back. Sometime I speak to myself and puff up my confidence by telling myself stuff like " hey Matthew let's play a game..the game is..if even one of the miracles in the bible is true, God exists. Just one"..and the thing is that voice telling me that, makes perfect sense. Out of the dozens and dozens of miracles in the bible if even one is true, just one, there is something supernatural amongst us.

Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi MCA - you are making it hard on yourself - you are overlooking one thing - you can only come to God if He calls you - the desire in your heart is the Holy Spirit calling you home. If you were once saved your name was written in the Lambs Book of Life and just because you doubt this does not erase your name. Your sins were forgiven and thrown into the lake of forgetfullness - God sees them no more.

God knows your heart and just because you want to understand things from the beginning (which I don't think any of our minds can absorb all of it) that does not make you an unbeliever.

You just need to put your hand in the hand of Jesus and let the Holy Spirit lead you, which He is doing because you are seeking - that is the leading of the Holy Spirit. The Bible tells us that Jesus is closer than your shadow and only a heartbeat away, talk to Him, tell him what is on your heart. You don't have to be in church on bended knee with Bible in hand to talk to God - He is with you all the time.

Just know that the Bible says that NO ONE can snatch his children from His hand. You can continue searching, but just know that Jesus is with you and just look at the way the Holy Spirit is pulling you to Him - you will be fine, just have faith and know that God sees your heart and has His hand on you.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Gosh its hard guys. At least for my unstable mind it is. Going back to the origins of the universe as well as life itself, there is no other way than thru God. Yet evolution is so convincing as well as a universe billions of years old.

As I said, even if one granted that the ToE is totally true (which I don't), it still doesn't prove God does not exist. The Theory of Evolution does not disprove God.

Why could the universe not have been made with the appearance of age? God created Adam and Eve as adults, not children.

Its like God made everything and then tinkered with it just so we can question it all. I want to be able to restore my faith thru flowcharts like this but I still need God to bless me with the ability to see past all the gaps and to remove my sense of literal and natural ways. I need my spiritual eyes back.

There are serious gaps in the ToE but you seem very tempted to believe it is true. Why the problem with believing God is real, then?

Sometime I speak to myself and puff up my confidence by telling myself stuff like " hey Matthew let's play a game..the game is..if even one of the miracles in the bible is true, God exists. Just one"..and the thing is that voice telling me that, makes perfect sense.

The existence of the universe isn't proof enough for you? Really? How about the resurrection of Christ? It's a very well-attested event in history. And it was quite miraculous.

Out of the dozens and dozens of miracles in the bible if even one is true, just one, there is something supernatural amongst us.

Friend, just the fact that there is something rather than nothing proves there is a supernatural Being at work.

Selah.

Upvote 0

MCA

Heartfelt Stranger
Apr 10, 2013
Houston
✟26,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Ok 2 things are on my mind.

1: this goes back to what I said before. I do think its ridiculous to believe the universe came from nothing and that first life came from some soup or what have you. But hears the thing. I know how stupid is to believe those things but yet I actually try to rationalize them. Like I will literally say to myself, okay maybe the soup made a cell, and it split, and then this and then that. Basically, I have the same disease atheists have. We can't see anything else but natural and material things. We don't allow supernatural things to even be possible. And at least with my case its not that I'm being stubborn at all I just can't help it. This is why I have told my mother that I think God has either cast me out or that I really do have a demon living inside me.

2: my second thought is what Selah told me. He said until I fess up and accept that my atheistic mindset is not just in my mind but is actually who I am, then we can get some progress. This makes sense because just earlier, as well as other times, I will get into a panic and get anxious and get sick to my stomach, but its not until I relax and tell myself "okay Matthew you don't believe in a spirit or miracles and you see things in a natural way now, now that we know that we can seek truth". But you see, take it as you will, I remember growing up and I would run into atheists and I would tell myself I could never be like him/her they are horrible/mean/rebellious people. In other words, I look at my current unbelief in the eyes of the Christian boy I once was. And I hate it. God have mercy on my soul

Upvote 0