Evansville
✟2,698.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Rupert Murdoch is in talks to acquire NBC Universal.

Liberty Media and News Corp. are checking out NBC Universal.

At their respective shareholder meetings yesterday, Liberty Chairman John Malone and News Corp. Chairman Rupert Murdoch for the first time publicly expressed interest in acquiring the Peacock network.

Malone indicated he might have a look at NBCU, but he also reportedly said the current $30 billion valuation was too high.

Murdoch said his company would look at "opportunities" to strike a deal. (News Corp. owns The Post.)
An NBC look-see

Grizzly

Enemy of Christmas
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2002
Tallahassee
✟46,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Anything to stop the treason of CNN international.
Does anyone else find it amazing how the American public has one media news outlet that doesn't look like the rest, and they are the bias?

Herbie - do you know the definition of bias?

Upvote 0

kermit

Legend
Nov 13, 2003
Visit site
✟27,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Does anyone else find it amazing how the American public has one media news outlet that doesn't look like the rest, and they are the bias?
FOX News is a news organization? How many stories do you think they have broken since they first aired?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nvxplorer

Senior Contributor
Jun 17, 2005
✟20,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
:D Get a rope!

"You can always tell a rightwinger by his rhetoric."
Why of course.

"They're not like me. That means they're biased."

Upvote 0

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Amen Herbie.

When all the news organizations are saying the same thing - repeating the party line- and one speaks differently, it puts those who do nothing but repeat the party line on display and shows them for what they are...as well as catapults the one who speaks the truth to new heights.

Upvote 0

Grizzly

Enemy of Christmas
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2002
Tallahassee
✟46,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Let's talk rationally for a little bit.

Sometimes when people all see the same thing, they tend to report it in the same (or similar) way. Eyewitness accounts aren't 100% reliable, but their is usually enough agreement to see the consistency. That's what you see in the "mainstream news". Now, if your news channel is reporting something that is discongruent with the others, you owe it to yourself to ask why. It's possible that your one outlet is totally correct, and the other 10 are wrong, but the possibility remains that perhaps its the one outlet that is wrong.

So at this juncture, you have to ask yourself if Fox News is biased in favor of the conservative (GOP) viewpoint, or if all the other news media outlets are biased in favor of liberals, and its only Fox News that gets it correct.

To that, I offer just a glimpse of Fox News, after only 1 full day of the Obama presidency (thanks to Jon Stewart).

Video: Fox News Fear Imbalance | The Daily Show | Comedy Central

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
FOX News is a news organization? How many stories do you think they have broken since they first aired?
At one point they were good with breaking stories - earthquakes, tsunamis and such.

But nowadays, it seems like the station is given over to opiners rather than reporters.

Upvote 0

nvxplorer

Senior Contributor
Jun 17, 2005
✟20,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
Amen Herbie.

When all the news organizations are saying the same thing - repeating the party line- and one speaks differently, it puts those who do nothing but repeat the party line on display and shows them for what they are...as well as catapults the one who speaks the truth to new heights.
I agree with Grizzly. When ten witnesses say, "He did it," and "he" says, "No I didn't," I'm going to belive the ten.

(That doesn't make "he" a liar, mind you. It makes "he" treasonous! :thumbsup:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Let's talk rationally for a little bit.

<snip>

To that, I offer just a glimpse of Fox News, after only 1 full day of the Obama presidency (thanks to Jon Stewart).

Video: Fox News Fear Imbalance | The Daily Show | Comedy Central
Rush:
We're being told that we have to hope he [Obama] succeeds, that we have to bend over, grab the ankles, bend over forward, backward, whichever because his father is black, this is the first black president​
Yeah, no race-baiting there!

Upvote 0

nvxplorer

Senior Contributor
Jun 17, 2005
✟20,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
Rush:
We're being told that we have to hope he [Obama] succeeds, that we have to bend over, grab the ankles, bend over forward, backward, whichever because his father is black, this is the first black president​
Yeah, no race-baiting there!
They can do that because Obama is a Marxist. And no, it's not McCarthyism because he's half-black. Don't you get it? Regardless, he's a Democrat, and everyone knows that Democrats are eeeeeevil. They're a bunch of Christmas warmongers.

Upvote 0

nvxplorer

Senior Contributor
Jun 17, 2005
✟20,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
I havent seen ANYBODY explain to me what exactly about Obama makes him a Marxist or makes people think that he is.

He certainly isnt the first to try to reform healthcare, he certainly isnt the first to consider taxing the wealthy. I dont get it.
Anyone left of two-miles-off-the-scale-to-the-right is a Marxist. They called Clinton a Marxist, as well. Don't you remember those awful communist '90s?

Upvote 0