• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Some Reasons I Don't Believe in Evolution

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by AV1611VET, Oct 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lion Hearted Man

Lion Hearted Man Eternal Newbie

+90
    Atheist
    Engaged
    [​IMG]

Yes, it's an actual term. Seems you aren't as knowledgeable as you thought you were.

Macroevolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

...which is exactly what I said, and which is exactly what I demonstrated. At or above the species level. And I showed you changes at the species level.

You can either accept that you were wrong or move the goalposts. Seems you've already chosen, though.

I give AV more credit than to change his heartfelt pet theories every two years. He can feel free to make note of his change of heart. But at least admit that I had a reason for what I said.

Knowing how humble you are, I don't imagine you'll actually point out that you were wrong or that I was right.

2. razeontherock

razeontherock Well-Known Member

+1,314
    Christian
    Single

It's not a right-or-wrong issue. You didn't "show me changes at the species level." I'm actually the one that brought that up! It's merely a case of the same term being used to mean 2 different things. I can't give you credit for not being aware how the term "macro Ev" is used by Cr's, so all I see is dishonesty on your part.

3. Lion Hearted Man

+90
    Atheist
    Engaged
    Did you miss these?
    Observed Instances of Speciation
    Some More Observed Speciation Events

Observed instances of speciation = observed instances of evolution at the species level = observed instances of macroevolution = how can I make this more clear for you

You can't just make up new definitions for commonly used words. I showed you want macroevolution actually means. You could have been under the impression that it meant something else, but now you have been corrected.

Now you will have to say that both micro and macroevolution have been observed. Fair enough?

And I also can't see how my ignorance of how creationists use the word is evidence of my dishonesty. That makes absolutely no sense.

4. razeontherock

+1,314
    Christian
    Single
    Sorry but this is a Christian forum, and it's pretty commonly known that in discussion, "micro vs macro" Ev refers to acceptance of for example a horse to a zebra, (micro) but not necessarily buying that we descend from jellyfish. (macro)

You mean like God, or Faith? Things I see atheists mangle all the time?

No and no. Perhaps we could concoct some better term for Cr's to use for this concept, but neither of us should expect them to actually use it.

Got any suggestions for a better term?

Ok I'll give you a pass; now you know.

5. Lion Hearted Man

+90
    Atheist
    Engaged
    Who said anything about descending from jellyfish? I think you need to go back to Biology 101. You complain about atheists mangling words like God and Faith, yet you spew out this nonsense that macroevolution states we descended from jellyfish? Do you know anything about what evolution says?

Dishonesty requires intent.

Now, as far as coming up with a new word, what is it exactly that you think doesn't happen? If you think that jellyfish can't turn into humans, we are in agreement.

6. plindboe

plindboe Senior Member

+151
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    Co-opting scientific terminology and then perverting its meaning is what I'd call dishonest. The definition only changed because professional creationists started to admit that speciation did indeed take place, but instead of admitting that macroevolution took place they moved the goalposts by changing the definition.

Peter :)

7. razeontherock

+1,314
    Christian
    Single
    Yup, and it has been declared that animals descended from plants via jellyfish. Nothing online to that effect now, which means what? They goofed! Now how much of what is currently in textbooks is fact, vs speculation? Talk to a good scientist and they'll tell you, the teaching of Ev sux

8. Lion Hearted Man

+90
    Atheist
    Engaged
    [​IMG]

9. Incariol

Incariol Newbie

+222
    Christian
    Single
    US-Democrat
    [​IMG]

10. razeontherock

+1,314
    Christian
    Single
    Sorry you youngins don't know any history

11. Incariol

Incariol Newbie

+222
    Christian
    Single
    US-Democrat
    And we are sorry you didn't pay attention in High School biology.

12. Nostromo

Nostromo Brian Blessed can take a hike

+48
    Atheist
    Private
    Sometimes it's best to just hold your hands up and admit you don't really know enough about a topic to have a reasonable discussion.

13. razeontherock

+1,314
    Christian
    Single
    You're supposed to leave the assumptions for the atheists here

14. razeontherock

+1,314
    Christian
    Single
    You are free to wallow in ignorance

15. No Time

No Time Guest

+0
    So are you saying that there is nothing you can not discuss because you know everything about everything?
    do you ever say 'I don't know'?
    By admitting you're a creationists you are telling everyone you know nothing about evolution.

16. Nostromo

Nostromo Brian Blessed can take a hike

+48
    Atheist
    Private
    I suppose in a sense you were right, because somebody did a terrible job of teaching you Evolution.

17. razeontherock

+1,314
    Christian
    Single
    That's actually funny. Not sure EU is any better

18. razeontherock

+1,314
    Christian
    Single
    1) I'm not at all a creationist, (much less a creationists) the way that term is used.

2) I know a *good bit* about Ev theory, and had tested in the top 1% of the Nation on every aptitude test designed by the mid 90's - since you make an issue out of it.

3) There's plenty of issues I don't discuss, and plenty of things I don't form an opinion on. Ev / Cr being one of them. I expect someday someone will make sense out of the available facts, but that day is not now.

19. Split Rock

Split Rock Conflation of Blathers

+647
    Agnostic
    Single
    Sorry no. What it means is that no one ever claimed such a thing. In other words, there is no "they" that goofed... other than yourself, of course.

I consider myself a good scientist. I say that the teaching of creationism/ I.D. "sux." There... you are wrong again.

20. razeontherock

+1,314
    Christian
    Single
    No, you merely assume i ever said teaching ID or creationism was good. Why?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.