• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Some interesting facts about Mitt Romney

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by SharonL, Jun 12, 2012.

1. SharonL

SharonL Senior Veteran

+1,035
    Christian
    Married
    Anyone quoting my thread - please delete - the nitpicking society says it's not ok because I don't have a link.

Daisey please delete from your thread. MachZero please delete also. Anyone quoting the full thread, pleae delete.

Daisey wrote on her thread wanting to know if I wrote this - - so please delete.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. SmellsLikeCurlyFries

SmellsLikeCurlyFries Social Capitalist

+73
    Pagan
    Engaged
    US-Democrat
    And he fulfills all of our far right, un-Constitutional, constant worldwide war dreams!

...of course, he also ran to the left of Ted Kennedy, who was to the left of President Obama.

3. Rion

Rion Annuit Cœptis Supporter

+6,185
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    ...aren't you voting for the guy who has had us in more countries now than W? :mmh:

I'm not saying Romney's great or anything, but the whole "He's a war-monger" seems kind of... flawed, seeing how Obama's been.

4. SmellsLikeCurlyFries

+73
    Pagan
    Engaged
    US-Democrat
    I haven't decided yet. I'm probably going to just not vote for President this year, or write someone in.

'Cause, you know...I'm not an Obama supporter.

5. Illuminaughty

Illuminaughty Drift and Doubt

+118
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Green
    He did say if he was elected war with Iran wouldn't just be an "option." If he becomes the next president he should sit down with Ahmadinejad. He can tell him about the end of the world theodemocratic world government run by the Mormon Church and Ahmadinejad can tell him about the coming 12th Imam who is going to rule the world for Muslims.:D Perfect fit.

6. MattRose

MattRose Guest

+0

Before we all bend down to kiss Romney's behind, let's explore some more facts about Mitt. I wonder how Romney became so rich if he never takes a salary? His net worth is $250 million! Even I would bypass a salary of $200-$300k a year if I already had over 1000 times that much. And whose money is he giving to charity anyway? He never made a salary according to you, so I guess he's giving away money that he never earned? Money means nothing to him because he never had to worry about it or work for it. He has no idea how life is in the working world and you're naive to think he gives a crap about you or me.

Ironic that you would bring up Obama's former preacher. He's black isn't he? Mitt wouldn't have such problem in his past as blacks were only permitted to be priests in LDS chuches starting in 1978.
    Mormons mark '78 end of ban on black priests

Mitt Romney, a man for all the people*.

*Rich, white people anyway.

7. Vylo

Vylo Stick with the King!

+4,683
    Atheist
    US-Others
    Some facts left out here or complete lies.

First, Biden and his wife make a fraction of what Obama and Romney make. He was the poorest US senator, and the only one with only 1 home.

The bulk of Romney's donations go as tithe's to the Mormon Church. According to his religion, this isn't really considered to be optional.

Lastly, it is an outright lie that Obama gave 1% to charity:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/president_obama_complete_return_2011.pdf

He gave nearly 22% of his adjusted gross income, Romney gave 19%:

2011 Mitt & Ann Romney Estimated Return | Mitt Romney for President

So technically, Obama was more charitable then Romney.

8. Alexb

Alexb Guest

+0

How is this a fact about Romney?

9. SmellsLikeCurlyFries

+73
    Pagan
    Engaged
    US-Democrat
    It's the new kind of "fact" where you drag anyone necessary into the mud to make your guy look cleaner.

10. Sistrin

Sistrin We are such stuff as dreams are made on...

+2,882
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    It is a comparison. When Biden speaks of how much he cares about the little guy, this fact makes one wonder.

11. kermit

kermit Legend

+777
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    To refer to Bain as a venture capitalists is dishonest. There is a distict difference between venture capitalism and leveraged buyouts (LBOs). Venture capitalism is an investment in a company that incurs risk of loss. LBOs are a purchace of the company that incurs virtually no risk of loss. Venture capitalism increases a company's cash flow, while an LBO increases its debt.

Is Bain responsible for Staples success? That's hard to say, but what we do know with near certainty is that they came out of the experience further in debt than when they went in. Now maybe that increased debt caused them to operate in a more efficient way and that aided their success.

12. Rion

Rion Annuit Cœptis Supporter

+6,185
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    To be fair, I always drag Biden in to make anyone look smarter. :p

13. cow451

cow451 Individual-2 Supporter

+10,777
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    Yeah, filthy rich. ^_^

14. Sistrin

Sistrin We are such stuff as dreams are made on...

+2,882
    United States
    Christian
    Married
  15. Alexb

Alexb Guest

+0
    How does showing Biden allegedly giving little to charity make Romney look smarter?

16. Alexb

Alexb Guest

+0
  17. MachZer0

MachZer0 Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place

+1,509
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others

That's all negated by the undeniable fact that Romney put his dog on the roof of his car.. :D:D

18. Desk trauma

Desk trauma Atheist Capitalist Supporter

+5,172
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Libertarian
    Bishop and Stake, not state, president are not paid positions.

Edit: knew this was a chain email removed from this version, the birther ending:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  19. Zenith

Zenith Newbie

+0
    Non-Denom
    No vote? Then no right to complain.

20. SmellsLikeCurlyFries

+73
    Pagan
    Engaged
    US-Democrat
    Unless of course you understand the state of the Bidens' finances.