Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Which Romney are we discussing?

Mitt 1994:

"I believe that abortion should be safe and legal in this country. I have since the time that my Mom took that position when she ran in 1970 as a U.S. Senate candidate. I believe that since Roe v. Wade has been the law for 20 years we should sustain and support it. "

"Look, I was an independent during the time of Reagan-Bush. I'm not trying to take us back to Reagan-Bush."

"As a result of [my campaign's] discussions and other interactions with gay and lesbian voters across the state, I am more convinced than ever that as we seek to establish full equality for America's gay and lesbian citizens, I will provide more effective leadership than [Ted Kennedy]."
--Letter to Log Cabin Republicans

Mitt 2002:

"I think people recognize that I'm not a partisan Republican—that I'm someone who is moderate, and that my views are progressive."

Mitt 2009:

"First, we established incentives for those who were uninsured to buy insurance. Using tax penalties, as we did, or tax credits, as others have proposed, encourages "free riders" to take responsibility for themselves rather than pass their medical costs on to others. This doesn't cost the government a single dollar." (emphasis mine.)

Mitt 2012:

"I wanted to increase the work requirement. I said, for instance, that even if you have a child 2 years of age, you need to go to work. And people said, "Well, that's heartless." And I said, "No, no, I'm willing to spend more giving day care to allow those parents to go back to work. It'll cost the state more providing that daycare, but I want the individuals to have the dignity of work." (emphasis mine.)

Do conservatives really trust this guy?
Many that I have discussed with do not. For obvious reasons. Here's a link that refers to much of what you quote here:

Mitt Romney's Evolution On Abortion : Shots - Health Blog : NPR

Upvote 0

Touma

Feb 19, 2007
Virginia
✟19,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Here are some interesting facts…………………..

After going to both Harvard Business School and Harvard Law School simultaneously, he passed the Michigan bar, but never worked as an attorney.

As a venture-capitalist, Romney's first major business deal involved investing in a start-up office supply company with one store in Massachusetts that sold office supplies. That company, called Staples, now has over 2,000 stores and employs over 90,000 people.

Romney or his company Bain Capital (using what became known as the "Bain Way") would go on to perform the same kinds of business miracles again and again, with companies like Domino's, Sealy, Brookstone, Weather Channel, Burger King, Warner Music Group, Dollarama, Home Depot Supply, and many others.

Got your calculators handy? Let's recap.

Volunteer campaign worker for his dad's gubernatorial campaign 1 year.

Unpaid intern in Governor's office 8 years.

Mormon missionary in Paris 2 years.

Unpaid bishop and state president for his church 10 years.

No salary as president of the Olympics 3 years.

No salary as MA governor 4 years.

That's a grand total of 28 years of unpaid service to his country, his community and his church. Why? Because that's the kind of man Mitt Romney is!

And in 2011 Mitt Romney gave over $4 million to charity, almost 19% of his income....Obama gave 1%

Joe Biden gave $300 or .0013%

This is real character vs....well you know what!

Romney has been selected as the best representative from the present field of Republicans and here's what we know. We know what religion he is, and that he won't desecrate the flag, bow down to foreign powers, or squander my money on vacations. We know he has the ability to turn this financial debacle that the "Spending President" has gotten us into. We didn't know that when Obama said he'd give us change, he meant nickels and dimes, and he would get the big bucks. We won’t like all the things necessary to recover from this debt, but someone with Romney’s background can do it.

But, on the minus side, He never was a "Community Organizer", never took drugs or smoked pot. Never got drunk. Did not associate with communists or terrorists. Nor did he attend a church whose pastor called for God to damn the US .

When did 12 years of service to the mormon chuch count as service to the country???

Upvote 0

SmellsLikeCurlyFries

Social Capitalist
Jan 22, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟5,424.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
SharonL said:
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: There is a time and place for everything - now is the time to overlook some things. Desperation calls for tolerance.

It also calls for strategy, and nominating Romney shows y'all are all out of that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This makes no sense on so many levels. I'm not being snide either, I'm serious.

When I talk about desperation breeds tolerance - it was sarcasm -

I'm talking about overlooking some of this pettiness and look at the real comparisons.

We may not like what we have to choose from, but we have to choose.

Romney has put thousands and thousands of people to work, yet all he can be remembered for is he carried a dog on top of his car.
He is a good person, has a good family, knows the business world and has experience to help get us out of this rut - yet he is critized constantly and tried to be made to look lesser than what is calling the shots now.
Someone who had no experience stands up there and says that Romney's experience does not qualify to run for President.

Again if you say things enough times, people begin to believe it - to the dismay of our country.

Upvote 0

Touma

Feb 19, 2007
Virginia
✟19,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
When I talk about desperation breeds tolerance - it was sarcasm -

I'm talking about overlooking some of this pettiness and look at the real comparisons.

We may not like what we have to choose from, but we have to choose.

Romney has put thousands and thousands of people to work, yet all he can be remembered for is he carried a dog on top of his car.
He is a good person, has a good family, knows the business world and has experience to help get us out of this rut - yet he is critized constantly and tried to be made to look lesser than what is calling the shots now.
Someone who had no experience stands up there and says that Romney's experience does not qualify to run for President.

Again if you say things enough times, people begin to believe it - to the dismay of our country.

His company put something like 10,000 people to work. What did HE do as a governor in his state? 47th in job creation, right?

Upvote 0