✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That the older I get the more Paul's words are easier:

Brethren, I count not myself yet to have laid hold: but one thing I do, forgetting the things which are behind, and stretching forward to the things which are before, (Philippians 3:13)

Now, as I continue to morph into a person I don't know... this verse seems to describe me:

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. (1 Corinthians 13:1)

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That the older I get the more Paul's words are easier:

Brethren, I count not myself yet to have laid hold: but one thing I do, forgetting the things which are behind, and stretching forward to the things which are before, (Philippians 3:13)

Now, as I continue to morph into a person I don't know... this verse seems to describe me:

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. (1 Corinthians 13:1)

Now I know where people in my country get the offensive word "Cymbal" from , they must be reading thier Bibles well .

• Informative
Reactions: drjean
Upvote 0

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How it inspires, I would have never found such an awesome vibration! .. I love it :)

.. thank you for sharing your beautiful heart today <3

"A broken and a contrite heart, O God, You will not despise."

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thanks for sharing. Be rooted and grounded in love. Ephesians 3:17. Love thy neighbor as you love thyself. This way you won't sound like a tinkling cymbal. :amen:
Some people are rather quite fond of tinkling cymbals!

.. I wonder what we could say that love sounds like!

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps it's the tinkling part with which I most identify?

Then there's this verse:
Isaiah 46:4 And I will still be carrying you when you are old. Your hair will turn gray, and I will still carry you. I made you, and I will carry you to safety.

When the movie came out 50 Shades of Gray I thought they were talking about my hair. Though not as filthy, it certainly is disdainful at times.

As for being carried.... I wonder how long before that is needed.

Upvote 0