yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Which is why we should stay with Scripture.
If people stayed with Scripture, YHWH'S WORD, as TRUTH,
they wouldn't be deceived to all the other errors now so common on earth.

Those who stay with Scripture, abide in Christ, and His Word abides in us/them.
As one. Echad, with Christ, according to Scripture.

Upvote 0

onetruechurch4

Christianity is the only true philosophy.
Jul 8, 2017
New England
✟15,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If people stayed with Scripture, YHWH'S WORD, as TRUTH,
they wouldn't be deceived to all the other errors now so common on earth.

Those who stay with Scripture, abide in Christ, and His Word abides in us/them.
As one. Echad, with Christ, according to Scripture.

The problem is, there are so many ways to interpret scripture. That can either lead you in the right direction, or a really bad direction. The Genesis narrative so far has been a topic of contention between Christians as to its correct interpretation.

Reactions: Papias
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Why do you think you have the correct interpretation?
Read through the New Testament.
See why the Apostles and the disciples knew they had the correct understanding of YHWH'S WORD.

This is still the same today, just as it was then.

Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
See why the Apostles and the disciples knew they had the correct understanding of YHWH'S WORD.

Why do you think you are interpreting the NT correctly?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
"EpiscipalMe said:
Why do you think you have the correct interpretation?"​

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
"EpiscipalMe said:
Why do you think you have the correct interpretation?"​

You answered my first question twice but haven't addressed the second.

I believe I interpret scripture in a way that is acceptable to God. I believe I am saved. However, my interpretation clearly differs from yours. Why are you more correct than me? We are both human afterall, guided by scripture and the Holy Spirit.

On the other hand, I would never suggest that someone who interprets scripture differently than me is going to be judged harshly at the end-times, but this is something others on this site do routinely.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
You answered my first question twice but haven't addressed the second.

I believe I interpret scripture in a way that is acceptable to God. I believe I am saved. However, my interpretation clearly differs from yours. Why are you more correct than me? We are both human afterall, guided by scripture and the Holy Spirit.

On the other hand, I would never suggest that someone who interprets scripture differently than me is going to be judged harshly at the end-times, but this is something others on this site do routinely.
Everyone who seeks the truth, and keeps seeking the truth, as YHWH says,
learns the truth (by revelation), and the truth sets them free.

To try to explain the actual or the so-called differences
is only barely permitted in certain sections of this site.
I don't care here to press the limits , nor test them.

Upvote 0

Robert76

Robert
Jul 19, 2017
Central Ohio
✟7,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've always been taught and understood the Genesis account of creation to be a literal 6 days with God resting on the 7th day. This is supported by the following that comes to mind:

1) Reference to the word 'day'

2) There are references to morning and evening (suggesting 'day' is not figurative)

3) There are 7 days in a week and God rested on the 7th day (there is contextual consistency)

4) The 4th commandment, "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy." How would the people of God know when this is if it were anything other than a literal day?

5) John 1:1-3 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made." Now, when Jesus brought the dead girl back to Life in Luke 8, it is said in verses 52-54, "52 And all were weeping and mourning for her, but he said, “Do not weep, for she is not dead but sleeping.” 53 And they laughed at him, knowing that she was dead. 54 But taking her by the hand he called, saying, “Child, arise.” 55 And her spirit returned, and she got up at once." When did the girl get up? At once, not some indeterminate period of time. Likewise, how long did it take for the winds of the storm to die down when Jesus and His disciples were out on the sea? When Jesus speaks, his command is fulfilled immediately. So when the universe and all that is described in the Genesis account was created, it is very possible, very reasonable, AND is consistent with the rest of scripture.

Upvote 0

jhwatts

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2014
Ohio
✟140,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There is always the gap as defined by most in Genesis 1:1. It allows a predominate literal interpretation and still enables a very historical past.

My personal perspective is to read Genesis 1:1 through Genesis 2:3, realizing that Genesis 2:4 begins the description of the chronology or as scripture puts it, the generations of the creation of the heavens and the earth (that is as stated in Genesis 1:1). This continues through Genesis 4. Realizing the first verse in Genesis 5 corresponds to chronology or generations of the Adam, when God created in the likeness of him Genesis 1:27. This description is Genesis 1:2 through Genesis 2:3(the restoration of the earth.).

This is why we see replenish in Genesis 1:28 as the generations of the heavens and the earth was eradicated by the deep as seen in Genesis 1:2.

Other perceived contradictions are,
Why did Cain completely disappear after chapter 4?
Why are there two Enochs? The Enoch in Genesis 5 is 7th from Adam while the other in Genesis 4 is 2nd from Adam.
There are two Methusaels and two Lamechs with generational difference between both chapters?

This explains the differences in Adams offspring in Genesis 4 and Genesis 5. They are two different Adams. The first group eradicated by the deep in Genesis 1:2

My interpretation of the Genesis creation account.

Last edited:
Upvote 0