Spring Hill
✟94,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Marital Status
Married

This is another one of those MSN articles where they did not allow me to respond, probably because my response would oppose their backwards views. But this decision out of Massachusetts is downright hostile to religious heterosexual couples. Massachusetts Dept. of Children and Families denied a Catholic couple the right to adopt a child due to their so called "extreme" religious views. We've got a problem, Houston! If one has ever read the book by Monsignor Robert Hugh Benson "Lord of the World", he writes about how the secular world tries to crush Christianity and raise up an equivalent secular humanistic society. This is why I fight against stuff like this Massachusetts debacle. The only way is through Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. He is the Truth, the Way, and the Life.

• Prayers
Reactions: Lukaris

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

This is another one of those MSN articles where they did not allow me to respond, probably because my response would oppose their backwards views. But this decision out of Massachusetts is downright hostile to religious heterosexual couples. Massachusetts Dept. of Children and Families denied a Catholic couple the right to adopt a child due to their so called "extreme" religious views. We've got a problem, Houston! If one has ever read the book by Monsignor Robert Hugh Benson "Lord of the World", he writes about how the secular world tries to crush Christianity and raise up an equivalent secular humanistic society. This is why I fight against stuff like this Massachusetts debacle. The only way is through Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. He is the Truth, the Way, and the Life.
The adoption process is run by a secular system. They said they would not support the " gender affirming " law. So no adoption because it is against the law in that state.
Blessings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
The adoption process is run by a secular system. They ssid they would not support the " gender affirming " law. So no adoption because it is against the law in that state.
Blessings.
Lord have mercy...the "gender affirming law" is attacking Christians for their traditional beliefs. Enough is enough.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Reactions: joymercy
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
The OP article states that this law would also discriminate against other Christian Churches, Jews and Muslims for holding similar beliefs.
Which is why it is important to speak out against it.

Reactions: Hvizsgyak
Upvote 0

Hvizsgyak

Jan 28, 2021
Spring Hill
✟94,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The adoption process is run by a secular system. They said they would not support the " gender affirming " law. So no adoption because it is against the law in that state.
Blessings.
Then I have to say, alot of Massachusetts (and I'm sure there are other states with similar laws) people are very delusional. I can't believe anyone would vote for such a idiotic law. Christians were around way before anybody even thought about changing sexes and these people (who voted for such a law) in Massachusetts just flippantly threw all devoted Christian out with the garbage. Pathetic!

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Blessings.
Here in MA, the AG was suing Catholic Charities for not placing children with same-sex couples.
Instead of using resources to fight the State, they decided to just stop the adoption services,
which they ran for over 75 years.

Adoption is run by private agencies and had Catholic Charities chose to fight, they would've
won. The US Supreme Court ruled in favor of Catholic Charities in Minesota ruling that the
state can not force an agency to go against their religious beliefs. Not all women who put
their unwanted child up for adoption, go through Catholic Charities, so they can choose a
nonreligious agency.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hvizsgyak

Jan 28, 2021
Spring Hill
✟94,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I looked all over the internet and I could not find anything that states a state can deny adoption to a heterosexual married couple. And going over the laws and articles of the 1st and 14th amendment of our Constitution, states are not allowed to discriminate against people for religious reasons.

The 14th amendment was placed in the Constitution around 1868 and in "1964 President Lyndon B. Johnson signs into law the Civil Rights Act of 1964. One section of the Act, referred to as Title VII, prohibits employment discrimination based on race, sex, color, religion and national origin. The Act applies to private employers, labor unions and employment agencies. The Act also creates the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) to enforce Title VII and eliminate unlawful employment discrimination."

"Then on July 21, 2014, President Barack Obama issued EO 13672, “Further Amendments to Executive Order 11478, Equal Employment Opportunity in the Federal Government, and Executive Order 11246, Equal Employment Opportunity.” The new EO added sexual orientation and gender identity to the prohibited bases of discrimination in EO 11246 (“the protected bases”).[2]"

So about 60 years of not discriminating against people for religious reasons is thrown out by a state's government. Hey President Biden, let's not look the other way. There is a major law being broken here. One that trumps (no pun intended) the 2014 article added to the Equal Opportunity Clause.

By the way, I was quickly trying to put this together because I have to leave very soon. Please excuse the miss-wording in places, I was trying to find the right phrases but as you can tell, I am no legal scholar (although my wife is one :)).

I'm concerned about this because what if this progresses. Your child say something at school like "my daddy says it's not right that two men or two women are married." The next day child protection services is knocking at your door, questioning your parenting skills.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Just curious what Christians do when they have a child with gender dysphoria.
I would do thorough research, have compassion and definitely not shun if the child is insistent. Blessings.

It varies.

There is a TED talk by an Evangelical Christian woman that left her church over the issue. I also remember listening to a Missouri state legislature, who was an Evangelical Christian, who spoke out a while back against an anti-trans bill. Iit was a struggle for him to come to terms with having a trans kid until he saw how unhappy his daughter was when he insisted that she dress and act like a boy.

Usually, it takes some kind of decentering experience in peoples lives for them to "wake up" and realize it's more important to just be a good parent that actually loves their kids as they are, and not as we want them to be. I think that requires greater faith than insisting that you obey your church no matter what the cost.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hvizsgyak

Jan 28, 2021
Spring Hill
✟94,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It varies.

There is a TED talk by an Evangelical Christian woman that left her church over the issue. I also remember listening to a Missouri state legislature, who was an Evangelical Christian, who spoke out a while back against an anti-trans bill. Iit was a struggle for him to come to terms with having a trans kid until he saw how unhappy his daughter was when he insisted that she dress and act like a boy.

Usually, it takes some kind of decentering experience in peoples lives for them to "wake up" and realize it's more important to just be a good parent that actually loves their kids as they are, and not as we want them to be. I think that requires greater faith than insisting that you obey your church no matter what the cost.
Based on experience, there will be an even bigger "decentering experience" that parent will face years down the road when he or she sees that even submitting to the child's whim of wanting to be a boy doesn't bring happiness in the long run. It brings alot of rejection from the world and sometimes ends in suicide. Children don't know what's going on in our society that's why they need responsible parents to guide them.

Upvote 0

Hvizsgyak

Jan 28, 2021
Spring Hill
✟94,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Kid's may stray from the Truth even after they have been informed of It. But as Christian parents, we must persist in our prayers for our child's conversion back to the Truth. Now if the child just wants to wear boyish clothes some girls are like that (my daughter for one) but when it escalates to another level, then a parent needs to be firm and tell the child "no, not in this house". When the child grows and still holds those feelings and they carry them with them when they move out for school or on their own, the parent still needs to remind them "no, I don't identify with what you believe".

That's when one has to pray (like St. Monica) for their child. Pray, pray, pray.

Psalm 90 or 91:5-7 (Security Under God's Protection) gives me comfort that God is watching over and in control.

And as St. Augustine did, the child will come back to the Truth. It might be years but they will come back. Pray for them.

And this doesn't mean the parent cuts the child out of their life. No, every time the parent is with the child, the parent treats them as if they were the Prodigal's son. Let them know you love them and you are there for them but "no, I don't identify with what you believe". Until they believe the Truth.

Reactions: Chrystal-J
Upvote 0