Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
(Oooh - I like the colour scheme of those smilies! I went to a Waldorf school, I'm into rainbowy colour thingies. :sorry: )

Do you mean a Rudolph Steiner school? They are free in Germany but elsewhere you have to pay. Are those schools free in the Netherlands or do you have to pay to send children there? (I have many children and would like them all to go to Steiner schools.)

Upvote 0

Pogue

left CF, please see profile for further details
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2006
http://www.thesonscafe.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15
✟59,840.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Greens
So, this begs the question: are MikeK, RebekkaH and Miss Shelby really the same person???? Scary indeed! :eek:

Arrrrrrghhhh!!!!! :eek: NOOOOOOO!

Upvote 0

Rebekka

meow meow meow meow meow meow
Oct 25, 2006
✟34,375.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Do you mean a Rudolph Steiner school? They are free in Germany but elsewhere you have to pay. Are those schools free in the Netherlands or do you have to pay to send children there? (I have many children and would like them all to go to Steiner schools.)
Yes, a Rudolf Steiner school. LOL, they are called Vrije School (Freie Schule) over here, which translates as "Free School", but while they are not private (almost all schools are public here, sort of, including catholic schools - private schools are so rare that they're practically nonexistent), they are not exactly free: parents have to pay for expenses such as drawing paper, wool, paint, etc. So it's more expensive than an average 'public' public school, because more expensive materials are used. But nothing like a private school in the US would cost, I think, or a public school (I mean a private school) in the UK.

So, I don't know.

Upvote 0

Pogue

left CF, please see profile for further details
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2006
http://www.thesonscafe.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15
✟59,840.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Greens
*sob* I'll never think about OBOBers in the same way again!
We had a Waldorf school in the county I went to school in (they're not very common in Britain, but we still have a few) and this meant that I met quite a few students from the Waldorf school when I went to college. Based on what I've seen, I think it was a better method- these students were much more relaxed and confident.

Upvote 0

MissBabylon

hetaere
Nov 22, 2007
Rome
✟15,938.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We had a Waldorf school in the county I went to school in (they're not very common in Britain, but we still have a few) and this meant that I met quite a few students from the Waldorf school when I went to college. Based on what I've seen, I think it was a better method- these students were much more relaxed and confident.
LOL, well, I'm not so sure I'm more confident - but that's because I was bullied a lot. :sorry:

What I did have, though, was an advantage of years when it came to general knowledge, religion, mythology, history, grammar, foreign languages (English, German, French), and a sensitivity to artsy stuff (good musical education), and a love for nature. Oh and a very good handwriting.

I only did the primary school. Secondary education was a catholic grammar school, after that a catholic university (you know which one ;) ). So that's how I noticed the advantage.

It has its drawbacks - I don't agree with all of Steiner's ideas, and sometimes it takes a few years before kids learn how to read well. Same goes for maths. If kids are weak in those departments, parents need to give extra attention to that I think. But overall, I'd do it again, and if I had kids I would send them to Waldorf primary school.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
H

HibernationElf

I went to a Steiner school too, for Kindy to Year 10. I thoroughly recommend them.

Upvote 0