• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Sociopathic Child of God

Angelod

Aug 12, 2016
Cincinnati
✟18,972.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Hey, guys, I haven't been around in like 6 months, well I've been doing a lot in my life

I`ve graduated! Yea I got a degree in psychology (bachelors)

I plan to go for my masters in psych online next August. I also have still held a job. I've been there for almost 2 years.

I`m in therapy and doing well, I'm also going to church, this has caused some issues. But other than that I have an accountability partner to help battle my inappropriate content addiction.

I`ve been doing MUCH better with my inappropriate content issue, I went 19 days inappropriate content free, a couple of days ago I relapsed.

I've been walking several miles a day. Ive lost 150lbs since last year. I was 455lbs at my heaviest, now I`m 315. :)

Ive had some issues at school. No one talked to me, no one wanted to be my friend. Not only this but I was still mentally sensitive from all the inappropriate content and didnt know how to befriend anyone that was a girl. I befriended one girl at school, but in the end my mind has sexualized her and to make matters worse she is about to get married in 3 weeks. Her future husband is my accountability partner, he put a block on my new computer and also will be putting a block on my desktop. But I have been jealous of how the two interact, I crave companionship, not sex. I`ve come to the realization that I`m on the asexual spectrum. I`m graysexual, I seldom like girls, but I still don't crave sex.

• Prayers
Reactions: “Paisios”

Angelod

Aug 12, 2016
Cincinnati
✟18,972.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
What I've realized through therapy is that I really just want to hold someone, and have a deeper friendship. I don't like women that much, I'm MGTOW. I'm redpill, the reason why I sexualize girls is because of all the inappropriate content I've been fed since I was 6. THIS is the problem, it's a numbing response to feeling something. If it wasn't for this I wouldn't have much to look forward to when it came to girls, I just don't want much to do with today's modern woman. I don't want to get married, I don't want kids, I don't want to date, I just have no interest in having a family or Girlfriend. I`m just tired of people in general :|

Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey, guys, I haven't been around in like 6 months, well I've been doing a lot in my life

I`ve graduated! Yea I got a degree in psychology (bachelors)

I plan to go for my masters in psych online next August. I also have still held a job. I've been there for almost 2 years.

I`m in therapy and doing well, I'm also going to church, this has caused some issues. But other than that I have an accountability partner to help battle my inappropriate content addiction.

I`ve been doing MUCH better with my inappropriate content issue, I went 19 days inappropriate content free, a couple of days ago I relapsed.

I've been walking several miles a day. Ive lost 150lbs since last year. I was 455lbs at my heaviest, now I`m 315. :)

Ive had some issues at school. No one talked to me, no one wanted to be my friend. Not only this but I was still mentally sensitive from all the inappropriate content and didnt know how to befriend anyone that was a girl. I befriended one girl at school, but in the end my mind has sexualized her and to make matters worse she is about to get married in 3 weeks. Her future husband is my accountability partner, he put a block on my new computer and also will be putting a block on my desktop. But I have been jealous of how the two interact, I crave companionship, not sex. I`ve come to the realization that I`m on the asexual spectrum. I`m graysexual, I seldom like girls, but I still don't crave sex.

Congratulations on your weight loss, that's awesome! *high 5!*

About not craving sex, it could be hormonal. It is common with overweight people. Maybe check that out with a doctor.

Also, about the inappropriate content, I heard of a great technique by a christian counselor. He said that when you get an urge, grab a piece of paper and start writing what’s on your mind, whatever comes to your mind about what you want to see or do. To do that for about 5 minutes, if you still feel the urge of doing what you were going to do, then do it, but the urge usually goes away after writing down your thoughts.

Wish you the best!

Reactions: Angelod
Upvote 0

Angelod

Aug 12, 2016
Cincinnati
✟18,972.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
thanks, I`m on the asexual spectrum. I`ve never wanted real sex with anyone, sure ive masterbated, but it was to calm my hormones down.

My testoterone IS low. But I just dont care, I take paxil and other medicine.

I dont want to get into the urges lol

I`m taking Saw Palmetto, it numbs my sex drives and makes me feel like a eunuch.

I`m considering being chemically castrated personally :)

Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
thanks, I`m on the asexual spectrum. I`ve never wanted real sex with anyone, sure ive masterbated, but it was to calm my hormones down.

My testoterone IS low. But I just dont care, I take paxil and other medicine.

I dont want to get into the urges lol

I`m taking Saw Palmetto, it numbs my sex drives and makes me feel like a eunuch.

I`m considering being chemically castrated personally :)

Well, maybe you’ll have a different opinion if your testosterone level regulate.

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
What I've realized through therapy is that I really just want to hold someone, and have a deeper friendship. I don't like women that much, I'm MGTOW. I'm redpill, the reason why I sexualize girls is because of all the inappropriate content I've been fed since I was 6. THIS is the problem, it's a numbing response to feeling something. If it wasn't for this I wouldn't have much to look forward to when it came to girls, I just don't want much to do with today's modern woman. I don't want to get married, I don't want kids, I don't want to date, I just have no interest in having a family or Girlfriend. I`m just tired of people in general :|

That wouldn't make you asexual though. That justs mean you are not interested in a relationship lol! Same here, but who knows what this life would bring, a man might pass by my way and change my course. Same for you, if it happens don't mentally and emotionally block it. Instead take the time out now to figure out why are you afraid of desiring period, because that sounds like what is happening. If your path of celibacy is healthy, it should be at least one that doesn't have a disgust towards relationships, it would be of one that sees beauty in both but see more fruit from the celibacy.

Idk I would take that spectrum stuff and throw it out the window. The only truth in it is that it identifies the ability for people to change desires.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I really didnt start to notice girls until I was like 20, and even then it wasnt really full blown. I might think someone is cute, but thats it, I dont want much from them except friendship

That's fine, let it be friendship then, but consider that you are still young, and still changing, it would be a harsh decision to just castrate yourself for the sake of avoidance as opposed to the sake of focusing that time with God. Still good to settle and sort out unresolved feelings you have towards your view on intimacy and relationships withing yourself, even if you don't plan to pursue.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
i was planning on chemical castration because I want to be as pure as possible when I come to god at judgement. :)

I want to be as sexless as possible :) and give myself to God without stupid thoughts and sex dreams :mad:

Chemical castration doesn't stop the thoughts from coming though. You gotta deal with the thoughts, or else it will fester up in other ways (anger, depression, anxiety, guilt, etc.)

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
im very numb, I dont feel much, I havent felt much even when I was a child :|

I guess I will have to practice nofap, its either that or get a sexbot. I dont know how god would feel about me getting a sexbot. hmmm.....

Yeahhhh don't get a sexbot, lol. If you're gonna do that, might as well deal with your feelings, and then find a suitable mate to marry. Then you won't need a sexbot :D

Tadah!

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I was raised in the purity culture, and i wasnt taught sexual education that much. I`m 30yr virgin and dont know much about condoms and birth control :p

Uh me too, although not one soul was truly pure nor paid attention. Either they had sex or did inappropriate content. It was also probably the same culture that said that oral sex and touching yourself doesn’t count. It upheld the idea of “virginity” as in abstaining from a certain sex position as oppose to actually abstaining from just any form of sex.

At least today’s culture actually owns up to it,our culture tried to mask a lot of stuff.

I guess that’s why people calling themselves “virgin”s makes me skeptical.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,830.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Have you heard of, "The anointing breaks the yoke of bondage."? Supernatural salvation? You can ask for a wife that satisfies you and mends you, rather than expecting you are already good.

Jesus' sacred blood can make your heart clean.

The Truth will set you free. God's fire refines. God gives not fear, but power, love and a sound mind. The fruit of the Spirit is … goodness, kindness, self control. Love the sinners, models, hate the sin. Care too much for them to use them. Hate abortion, behind the scenes. Think of parents, be considerate.

Give up your private internet access? Lay you bondage at the foot of the cross with violence. Cry out to God. Use your psychology to be wiser and overcome. Give your confession to God in private and open your understanding before God about a key area that needs God's knockout, as you progress in becoming holy. Align your will with God's in prayer and ask for consolidating grace. You may need a spirit to be cast out.

Joyce Meyer wrote "The Battlefield of the Mind". Learn your own patterns of thought and action. See Satan's attack methods. Humble yourself and acknowledge that you cannot learn from the tempting thing and always run from it. When it comes to that, think only in words and concepts. Also with a good understanding of the significance of abortion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Angelod

Aug 12, 2016
Cincinnati
✟18,972.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Just because i dont want to deal with todays women doesnt mean i need a spirit to be cast out LOL :p
Have you heard of, "The anointing breaks the yoke of bondage."? Supernatural salvation? You can ask for a wife that satisfies you and mends you, rather than expecting you are already good.

Jesus' sacred blood can make your heart clean.

The Truth will set you free. God's fire refines. God gives not fear, but power, love and a sound mind. The fruit of the Spirit is … goodness, kindness, self control. Love the sinners, models, hate the sin. Care too much for them to use them. Hate abortion, behind the scenes. Think of parents, be considerate.

Give up your private internet access? Lay you bondage at the foot of the cross with violence. Cry out to God. Use your psychology to be wiser and overcome. Give your confession to God in private and open your understanding before God about a key area that needs God's knockout, as you progress in becoming holy. Align your will with God's in prayer and ask for consolidating grace. You may need a spirit to be cast out.

Joyce Meyer wrote "The Battlefield of the Mind". Learn your own patterns of thought and action. See Satan's attack methods. Humble yourself and acknowledge that you cannot learn from the tempting thing and always run from it. When it comes to that, think only in words and concepts. Also with a good understanding of the significance of abortion.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,830.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Just because i dont want to deal with todays women doesnt mean i need a spirit to be cast out LOL :p
Yes seems a bit much, but you will be surprised, there are spirits in everyone, giving them suggestions from a vital point in them. So it makes it hard to stop doing something like looking at inappropriate contentography. Grace is more important than deliverance. Psychologically speaking inappropriate contentography lessens your drive and when you overcome it you may become very interested in honour and sanctity again, love certain types of women, focus on one, but fear this obvious other world of infidelity and worry about marriage.
Grace, deliverance and the psyche all make a difference. When inappropriate content is gone you could be revived inside and fall in love.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Angelod

Aug 12, 2016
Cincinnati
✟18,972.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
thanks LOL XD

Im not sure if I can emotionally get better, I was diagnosed with Anti-Social Personality Disorder by a psych doctor last summer. :(

So I dont know how to feel that much. inappropriate content is addictive, I can give you guys my entire life story in a podcast I did a while ago, would you guys like to hear it?

Upvote 0