• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

So Zoloft seems like it def. helps me

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm on Zoloft 100mg a day and I feel like I'm more in control the only time I really really struggle is during pms time. I feel like my sadness is more like normal people sadness now.

There are still some things I can't fix that I wish I could like the way people treat me. That still upsets me. I get tired of being mocked and laughed at.

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Great to hear that medications are making a difference to the level of depression you suffer. Now try and wean yourself of depressive thought patterns as well.

It is true that a lot of people show little respect for those who struggle with a mental illness and this can hurt badly, it has been like that with me also and i know a lot of others suffer the same.

However there are also good people around, it is for you to weed out the toxic ones and to gather the loving and caring ones into your friendship circle. Take good note if people talk bad about other people then there will come a day that they will talk bad about you, so keep your distance from people who bad mouth others. On the other hand people who care about other people hurting are the ones to stick closer to for they are bound to show you the same concerns.

i have a very small group of friends around me who i trust to care true for me most other people are not interested in having a mentally ill person as a friend.

Please do take good care.

Peace.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I'm on Zoloft 100mg a day and I feel like I'm more in control the only time I really really struggle is during pms time. I feel like my sadness is more like normal people sadness now.

There are still some things I can't fix that I wish I could like the way people treat me. That still upsets me. I get tired of being mocked and laughed at.
Oh thats great your medications are helping :)

Reactions: Angeleyes7715
Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,007,133.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

This is great to hear. :oldthumbsup: I worry about you sometimes. :(

Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Good, they seem to help some people. Keep at it!

That "normal people sadness" you talked about, it's so much better. It's not the kind that just beats you up and leaves you in a ditch. It's something that allows us to work with it. God bless you.

Upvote 0

Press On

Giving up what I am to become what I will be.
May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I’m glad you are doing better. Sometimes it is quite frustrating search to find the right med. Everyone is different and what works for one may not work as well for another.

I happen to be on low dose Zoloft as well and it works for me. All the best to you. Take one day at a time. God bless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums