...so where did u say the cookies were???

the last child

This. this is my right eye—no left eye. sorry. Lol
Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2019
Frozen Tundra
✟56,874.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I’m new here so if u want to know where the bathrooms are I can’t help you. Sorry. I was a shooting star that ran out the of gas and crashed to the earth, causing a huge crater that—ok so it was more like a little Fourth of July sparkler but whos measuring anyway. I was married with two kids. Life had been very cruel, but it looked like things were finally turning around. I was a very hardworking, ambitious, and social young woman with big dreams. My dreams included opening a Christian counseling center for youth, joining the movement to bridge the gap between Christian counseling and Psychology, and researching the developmental neuropsychology between childhood abuse/trauma and adulthood mental health disorders. To do this I knew I needed at least one doctorate degree. Talk about big dreams for a tiny nobody!

I started with a double major in Psychology and Biblical Studies. I only got as far as my second semester of my Masters program. I did so with a perfect 4.0 and accolades from all my profs, but all of that would mean nothing now. Besides my double major, I was working as a counseling intern at our church, finishing up a major remodel on our new home, serving anyone God put in our path (including a troubled young man whom we ended up taking in and attempted suicide nine times within the space of six months, which added up to 13 hospitalizations), and trying to survive a very triggered bipolar husband.

As you can guess, it was just too much. It all came crashing down with extreme prejudice. Our finances. Our home. My marriage. My health. And with my health, my schooling, my career, and all my dreams came hurtling after.

That was seven years ago. I have had a lot of time to feel sorry for myself and shake my little fist at God. And I quickly discovered that when one gets ill, ones friends...disappear. Even Christian ones. I guess it’s just too hard to be friends with someone who can’t go anywhere or do very much. Life gets very very lonely and very different when it goes from being sky high and globe wide in possibilities to four walls in a darkened room bc you can’t handle too much light. Online gaming has taken on a different meaning...especially when reading too much makes you tired. I’ve been surprised to see how many other disabled people are online too, hiding behind their screens like me. So that’s my long long story. Or part of it. You can wake up now and hit that like and subscribe button! Lol jk. Thanks and God bless.

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,135,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I’m new here so if u want to know where the bathrooms are I can’t help you. Sorry. I was a shooting star that ran out the of gas and crashed to the earth, causing a huge crater that—ok so it was more like a little Fourth of July sparkler but whos measuring anyway. I was married with two kids. Life had been very cruel, but it looked like things were finally turning around. I was a very hardworking, ambitious, and social young woman with big dreams. My dreams included opening a Christian counseling center for youth, joining the movement to bridge the gap between Christian counseling and Psychology, and researching the developmental neuropsychology between childhood abuse/trauma and adulthood mental health disorders. To do this I knew I needed at least one doctorate degree. Talk about big dreams for a tiny nobody!

I started with a double major in Psychology and Biblical Studies. I only got as far as my second semester of my Masters program. I did so with a perfect 4.0 and accolades from all my profs, but all of that would mean nothing now. Besides my double major, I was working as a counseling intern at our church, finishing up a major remodel on our new home, serving anyone God put in our path (including a troubled young man whom we ended up taking in and attempted suicide nine times within the space of six months, which added up to 13 hospitalizations), and trying to survive a very triggered bipolar husband.

As you can guess, it was just too much. It all came crashing down with extreme prejudice. Our finances. Our home. My marriage. My health. And with my health, my schooling, my career, and all my dreams came hurtling after.

That was seven years ago. I have had a lot of time to feel sorry for myself and shake my little fist at God. And I quickly discovered that when one gets ill, ones friends...disappear. Even Christian ones. I guess it’s just too hard to be friends with someone who can’t go anywhere or do very much. Life gets very very lonely and very different when it goes from being sky high and globe wide in possibilities to four walls in a darkened room bc you can’t handle too much light. Online gaming has taken on a different meaning...especially when reading too much makes you tired. I’ve been surprised to see how many other disabled people are online too, hiding behind their screens like me. So that’s my long long story. Or part of it. You can wake up now and hit that like and subscribe button! Lol jk. Thanks and God bless.

Frankly, I can't tell you where the cookies are because I'm still looking for them myself. But regardless, welcome to CF and I hope you enjoy your stay! :cool:

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟763,513.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Mad respect dear. Jesus will never leave you nor forsake you!

Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

the last child

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2019
Frozen Tundra
✟56,874.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Frankly, I can't tell you where the cookies are because I'm still looking for them myself. But regardless, welcome to CF and I hope you enjoy your stay! :cool:

well I would tell you to get out of my party since you don’t know where the cookies are, but this isn’t Xbox and that would rude...and since you did say nice things after that I guess I have to play nice lol. Thank you I am hoping to cheer up a few people, ask a few questions, learn some things, and maybe someday even start a blog! Ambitious I know...but u know me and big dreams...

Last edited:
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

the last child

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2019
Frozen Tundra
✟56,874.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Mad respect dear. Jesus will never leave you nor forsake you!

thank you... speaking of Jesus... I was talking with my son about church. I had asked him what the pastor preached about. And as he was telling me he told me there was a word that the pastor said Jesus spoke right before He died. It was a single word, that in our English Bibles are mostly translated to “It is finished.” The word was “Tetelstai” and it means “it is paid in full.” I cried. How beautiful. How cruelly He suffered on that cross. And for the first time in all of His existence faced abandonment by His Father, His own Father turning His face from Him. Like a small child for His Father He’d cried out “why have You abandoned Me?” Gut wrenching pain unimaginable. All the wrath of the Father poured out on Him even as He suffered excruciating physical pain and emotional humiliation. And undoubtedly Satan and his minions were there mocking him too, which Jesus would have been able to see. And then when He had drunk the last dreg of the cup He said to His Father, “It is paíd in full.” He had done it. Sorry to go off on a rabbit trail. Your picture reminded me of this. My son said it was now going to be his new favorite word. What a beautiful word.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Wow. For all that you write wonderfully and powerfully. Really related to 'getting sick' and people jumping ship. Happened to my son and our family friends and neighbors when he was diagnosed with leukemia at age 10. Told him "look to your left and right and these are the people who will be with you and you can rely on." When he went back to school with a bald head and skinny, he sat at the table at lunch with the kids who did not fit in at the other tables. They are all rock solid friends to this day, he is fully cured and now 20. Praise be to God.

I will be praying for you sister. You have a strength in prose. Best advice if you want it? When we 'get lost' or stray we make sure we go back to a place we know the best....The Cross and Empty Tomb. Jesus is Faithful and True and will never disappoint. We learn this the best when we hit rock bottom and find that Rock is Him, the best place to be. Peace Sister in Christ! And Welcome.

Upvote 0

the last child

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2019
Frozen Tundra
✟56,874.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Wow. For all that you write wonderfully and powerfully. Really related to 'getting sick' and people jumping ship. Happened to my son and our family friends and neighbors when he was diagnosed with leukemia at age 10. Told him "look to your left and right and these are the people who will be with you and you can rely on." When he went back to school with a bald head and skinny, he sat at the table at lunch with the kids who did not fit in at the other tables. They are all rock solid friends to this day, he is fully cured and now 20. Praise be to God.

I will be praying for you sister. You have a strength in prose. Best advice if you want it? When we 'get lost' or stray we make sure we go back to a place we know the best....The Cross and Empty Tomb. Jesus is Faithful and True and will never disappoint. We learn this the best when we hit rock bottom and find that Rock is Him, the best place to be. Peace Sister in Christ! And Welcome.

Wow... that is a lot to go thru, and I am so oh so glad for a change to hear a story with a happy semi-ending—well his story obviously isn’t over yet lol. Thank you for your kind words. I think for me, the issue isn’t so much being lost. I’ve lived enough lives in my short life to know better than to leave His side. Speaking strictly metaphorically, of course. Don’t worry, I didn’t actually think I was a little chicken yesterday... although I did feel a little birdbrai—nvm. No, my problem is I’m blind. And I’m not going to get into it here on this cheerful welcome forum, but suffice to say I have not left His feet. He has my love always. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow... that is a lot to go thru, and I am so oh so glad for a change to hear a story with a happy semi-ending—well his story obviously isn’t over yet lol. Thank you for your kind words. I think for me, the issue isn’t so much being lost. I’ve lived enough lives in my short life to know better than to leave His side. Speaking strictly metaphorically, of course. Don’t worry, I didn’t actually think I was a little chicken yesterday... although I did feel a little birdbrai—nvm. No, my problem is I’m blind. And I’m not going to get into it here on this cheerful welcome forum, but suffice to say I have not left His feet. He has my love always. :)
Praise be to God for your trust in our King and Savior.

Again Welcome.

Upvote 0

Dimples41185

Nov 5, 2019
Suburb of Cleveland
✟15,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

This too shall pass! May God be the center of your world and director of the story of your life!

Upvote 0

the last child

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2019
Frozen Tundra
✟56,874.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
It is hard to keep Him in the middle, isn’t it? Well, for me, at least. I keep playing musical chairs and pushing Him over. Well, I don’t knock His chair over or anything like that. That would be rude. But I do tend to just, you know, “shoo” Him out of the driver’s seat when He’s not looking. Ok well He’s never not looking so it’s really not fair but you know what I mean. And then I always get in trouble. Always. But thanks for the reminder and encouragement :thumbsup::grinning:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NeverL0ved

Oct 20, 2019
Brisbane, QLD
✟21,254.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Labor

So, what are you going to do now?

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Albertine Retrouvee

Oct 25, 2019
Chicago
✟15,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Thu. 11/07

Dear Last Child:

Hi! My name is Albertine Retrouvée and I am a Christian woman living in Chicago, IL. I read what you posted here and I like you! You know, a nurse friend told me she prayed for me that I would find a friend to talk with that was “on my level.’’ And you seem very intelligent! Want to gab?

Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Cookies are usually in the cookie jar, but knowing my taste for cookies, I may have eaten them all.

Welcome to the forums, and I hope you find friendship, fellowship and support here. I pray for your healing and wholeness.

Upvote 0

Nikki1445

Sep 15, 2016
Houston
✟10,910.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Praying that God restores anything you have lost according to his will and that you are completely healed in the name of Jesus. No condition is too big for God to handle. Also praying for the right friendships/relationships that God wants you to have...that you may be surrounded by people that will lift you up, not bring you down...people that will push you into the call that God has placed over your life. Thank you Lord for turning all the bad that happened in her life around for good, in the mighty name of Jesus, Amen.

Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello TLC,
welcome to CF.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

hi-wave.gif

95dbb02461d3f4737af7086db237edcd.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

the last child

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2019
Frozen Tundra
✟56,874.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Cookies are usually in the cookie jar, but knowing my taste for cookies, I may have eaten them all.

Welcome to the forums, and I hope you find friendship, fellowship and support here. I pray for your healing and wholeness.

thank u for ur welcome...u seem like a solemn kind of person who wouldn’t steal a person’s cookies. Like a priest or a monk maybe. So I won’t report u... this time. But be warned (in the nicest possible way, of course), that I do not take kindly to people taking cookies that were specifically destined to be consumed by me. And I hope this doesn’t affect ur willingness to pray for me, priestly man, bc I really need the prayers badly, u have no idea. Thank u. Sincerely, me. (TLC)

Upvote 0

the last child

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2019
Frozen Tundra
✟56,874.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Hello TLC,
welcome to CF.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

View attachment 266440

95dbb02461d3f4737af7086db237edcd.gif

thank u for the very sparkly beautiful welcome. I have no doubt that u clearly understand that every woman in this world (well, most of us, except maybe a few of the man haters and some others) love sparkles. And diamonds. And I like that u gave me the initials TLC. I didn’t really think about it until u put it together, but yeah it’s kinda nice so thank u and God bless u

Upvote 0

the last child

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2019
Frozen Tundra
✟56,874.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Praying that God restores anything you have lost according to his will and that you are completely healed in the name of Jesus. No condition is too big for God to handle. Also praying for the right friendships/relationships that God wants you to have...that you may be surrounded by people that will lift you up, not bring you down...people that will push you into the call that God has placed over your life. Thank you Lord for turning all the bad that happened in her life around for good, in the mighty name of Jesus, Amen.

Thank you gifted Prayer Warrior of the King of Glory. May you always trust that the Word of Truth, the Sword of the Spirit, will be ready on your lips in season and out of season, to give an answer for the reason we hope, for the defense of your confession of faith in Christ, to empower you and speak through you, and for the edification and encouragement of the body of believers, blessing them with reminders that His promises are Yes and Amen. Thank u Sister Princess. God bless you also

• Friendly
Upvote 0

the last child

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2019
Frozen Tundra
✟56,874.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Thu. 11/07

Dear Last Child:

Hi! My name is Albertine Retrouvée and I am a Christian woman living in Chicago, IL. I read what you posted here and I like you! You know, a nurse friend told me she prayed for me that I would find a friend to talk with that was “on my level.’’ And you seem very intelligent! Want to gab?

Hi Albertine, yes please let’s chat. I would love that. I have not had a friend to talk to in almost seven long years. Maybe this will be the year the Lord will give me a friend.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Albertine Retrouvee

Oct 25, 2019
Chicago
✟15,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
To: The Last Child (sounds like "The Lost Child" yikes!)

Last Child, if you send me a private message, I can send you my e-mail address and we can start up a big chat! I also have unlimited nationwide long distance, which I am pretty sure would be easier for you what with your disability and all. Hope to hear from you soon!

AR

Upvote 0