Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 11, 2011
✟2,974.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Okay, this is my last post. I will ask the powers that be to close this dumb thread.

Like that Hurricane Katrina Army, John Wayne looking Dude said, " Let's not get stuck on stupid..." and we, we are seriously stuck on stupid.

Look, here it is, Baby- I can not take you seriously. I just don't think you're intentions are pure. You just want to play games and try to entrap me in my own posts to make me look bad....and like, yeah, like that's going to happen....

WA- I'm really concerned for you because the prism you see things through... is, well, heterodox. You're views on hell, your obsession with punishment and justice, cloud your vision... It is a form of Jansenism.

when you said you spank your children to give them a fear of God and hell... that is when you really lost me.

When you speak about the immigration problem, welfare, Obama, the Muslims, etc, you speak in the same fashion a bigot would.

I wish nothing but the best for you and I pray God will give you some much needed perspective.
You're the one who is falsely calling people bigots. You need to apologize to WA for being wrong about her and bearing false witness against her. You called her a bigot for something she said that Jesus Himself taught. You are so into defending gays that you forgot all about what the Catholic Church and the Bible teach.

Upvote 0
Apr 11, 2011
✟2,974.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Its my belief. I do not know for sure, but I know she speaks in the same fashion as one would and I explained myself thoroughly to her why I feel as I do- you need to just mind your own business. This is not between me and you. Its between her and I.
You said she was a bigot because she said that there's no sex in Heaven. And you asked me to show where the Catholic Church teaches this. I showed you where Jesus says this. WA obviously knew that Jesus said this and was repeating what Jesus had said. WA was in line with Catholic teaching with what she said, but you were not.

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟439,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
A) where did I accuse you?

B) watch this... WA, do you think homosexuals and Lesbians need to get rid of a SSA? Or can they remain gay and lesbian and just be celibate? Does God want them to remain homosexual?

Or do they have to work with Christ and he will de-sexualize them or do they have to join Courage so they can be made straight?

Please tell Baby what you think because I am not going and pulling up quotes... like I have time for that...

People with SSA have three GOD ordered ways to deal with this.
Yes, God ordered.

A-Carry the cross...which is a choice. The should live like a priest would - chastely. They may either suffer intensely because they dont let go of desires....or they give in and resign to this life and learn to equip themselves for it.

B-Change the cross by becoming non sexual and devoting their hearts to God. As Saints have done - the most difficult for those who like to cling to their sins and desires. Sainthood is the hardest path of all.

C-Change their orientation through groups who have helped them do this.
The scoffers are those who do not WANT to see them transform. However when the heart was set on wanting it - it worked.

ONLY other option is outside the bounds of the Church - that is to live salaciously.

I am sure Bene, you think group A is the only possibility and you think you are winning kudos by stating so. Instead of resigning to other possibilities and letting ppl KNOW there are other options.

Upvote 0

underheaven

Jul 19, 2011
in a caravan in the sky
✟1,218.00
Faith
Celtic Catholic
Marital Status
Private
All I was saying is that God did not create us disordered. Therefore homosexual attraction, which is a disordered attraction (it says this in the Catechism of the Catholic Church), is not something that was created by God. God created the world with order, not disorder. Although we all have a tendency to sin, God didn't originally create humans with sin or with disordered attractions or behavior. Disorder came when sin entered into the world after the fall of Adam and Eve.

Some animals sometimes demonstrate what is mistaken for homosexual behavior when one male mounts another such as when wolves do this is to establish dominance in the pack. It's symbolic, not homosexual. Or if one were to put two male animals together in captivity and not have any females around one animal might rape the other but only because they are put in an unnatural environment. If a female were to be introduced, the male would prefer the female.

Nevertheless, even if there was any real proof of homosexual behavior in animals, humans are not called to act like animals. Animals greet each other by smelling each others butts, and they sometimes fling feces at each other. But God expects more of humans. Like I said, the world we see today has disorder in it, but God didn't create it that way.
I agree with you. The idea that we can understand God and His creation
as He meant it to be, by study of the fallen material world ,is for those who do not
understand what Christ meant when He said ''Unless a man/woman be born again of water
and of the Holy Spirit ,he cannot enter the kingdom of heaven'. We are to be transformed
by grace,not cosy, with the fallen world, down here.He created us in heaven,and
we fell .[to earth]
Only Christ's intervention can transform our destiny.:idea:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

underheaven

Jul 19, 2011
in a caravan in the sky
✟1,218.00
Faith
Celtic Catholic
Marital Status
Private
You insist forcibly that they remain as homosexuals and not humans who are Christian and God centered.

I suggest i dont have the issue - it seems you want them to hold onto labels such as homosexual rather than letting them just be saints.

I am sure as Needing Grace continues he will lose the self identity as anything sexual and find he wants to be known as simply Christian.

Of course i cannot speak for him, and he can disagree with me, thats fine. I dont speak for him, but it is evident he is working towards non-sexuality in God.
JUST as all the Saints.

How often do we look at Saints and wonder - wow what did they do in bed?
We dont.

We look at their journey in and with God and how they lived their lives in an ordered piety without serious sins.

That is how we ought to view everyone...not hold them up because of a sexuality. Or mark them as a certain type of sexual being.
Saints are never remembered for the sexuality....so thats where we are at with this discussion.

You are absolutely correct.There is an agenda to equalise homsexuality in the common mind ,in the community,and Benedictoo is completely wrong here for it is this Agenda which is causing hostility,and she is entirely missing this point.

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟439,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Even when Needing Grace and FranciscanSpirit both said, that's total BS... you still think you know better then what they do? even when this is not what the Church says they have to do???

And for the others out there who succeeded they say it is not BS.
So instead of corrallng a group into one area - at least understand individualism still exists. AS i am sure even our friends in here know that.

EVEN if they do or do not resist attraction they are not the poster child of what the human will is capable of. Anything is possible with God.

Benedicta, I love your compassion in this area, but Courage isn't about changing orientation. Courage's goals are listed below and orientation change isn't on the list.

Courage, in fact, the only ministry approved by the Church itself, towards helping gays live in accord with the Church's teachings. I've known about them for years and came into the Church through a Courage chaplain.

My beef is the insistence on reading of the 12-Steps of AA at each meeting. To me, it implies that a person with SSA is the same as a rock-bottom drunk, and that's a bit of an insult. The Twleve Steps of Courage, they change only a few words (alcoholics to homosexuality in the first step and "other alcoholics" reads simply, "others" or "other homosexuals."). While some of the steps are part of Catholic practice (examination of conscience, confession, reparation, etc.), the notion that I'm a dude that likes other dudes means that my life is unmanageable is pretty silly (Step One).

On the other hand I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Five Goals of Courage, which basically can be used as the basis upon which to build a plan of life. I'll post them here for everyone's benefit.

1. To Live chaste lives in accordance with the Roman Catholic Church's teaching on human sexuality.
  2. To dedicate ones life to Christ through service to others, spiritual reading, prayer, meditation, individual spiritual direction, frequent attendance at Mass, and the frequent reception of the sacraments of Reconciliation and Holy Eucharist.
  3. To foster a spirit of fellowship in which all may share thoughts and experiences, and so ensure that no one will have to face their problems alone.
  4. To be mindful of the truth that chaste friendships are not only possible but necessary in chaste Christian living and in doing so provide encouragement to one another in forming and sustaining them.
  5. Live lives that may serve as good examples to others.
Now who could argue with those goals!? :preach:
:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

underheaven

Jul 19, 2011
in a caravan in the sky
✟1,218.00
Faith
Celtic Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I can't speak for WA. I can only speak for myself. I notice that you didn't quote what she allegedly said. Since you have accused me of being a bigot when I know I'm not you are probably misrepresenting WA as well. I think you wouldn't see us even talking about homosexuality if people weren't using it to try to change the sacrament of marriage and then trying to force us to accept that change. As a Catholic, I don't appreciate anyone trying to mess with God's sacraments.

Why do you want them all to remain that way? What about the ones who can and do change? Do you have a problem with them? My belief is they don't sin by struggling with SSA, but I don't say they should give up the struggle and just stay that way when it is a disordered attraction. With God all things are possible, but without God nothing is possible. I know I have to continue to struggle against my tendencies to sin, so why should they be any different? In Heaven there won't be any sexual temptation nor any tendency to sin, so there is a positive end if we keep up the struggle against temptations to sin here in this world.

No one has denied that homosexuality has existed in ancient times. Most people are familiar with the story of Sodom and Gomorrah in the book of Genesis.

Just because someone doesn't see things exactly the way you do doesn't make them a bigot. The people you keep accusing of being bigots have told you numerous times that they don't hate the sinner but only the sin. Why can't you just accept that? It reminds me of how some Protestants will keep accusing us of worshiping the Blessed Virgin Mary in place of God no matter how many times we tell them that we don't. Also, none of the ones who you call a self-righteous bigot has ever denied being a sinner. A self-righteous person is one who denies that they sin. This is ironic since the ones who actually deny that they sin are the gay activists who you defend.

I haven't seen anyone in OBOB say that the attraction by itself is a mortal sin. Quoting from the CCC is better than shooting from the hip and being wrong. I and others have had posts that contained no more and no less than a direct quote from the CCC, and you still had a problem with the post. If you don't have a problem with the CCC you wouldn't have a problem with people quoting from it. But apparently you don't like it when people quote from the CCC which is odd for someone who says they believe in it. If someone quotes from the CCC they probably know what the quote says.
An excellent and clear post .Thankyou.:clap:

Upvote 0

underheaven

Jul 19, 2011
in a caravan in the sky
✟1,218.00
Faith
Celtic Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I believe the point is that Catholic gay people are not struggling with "same sex attraction," they are struggling with temptations away from chastity and at the same time the idea they are NEVER supposed to have the same kind of intimate family relationships that straight people take for granted.
So all heterosexual people have happy families,and easy lives.Well that is news to me .Life is a struggle, always .It's just that some bear it better than others. If I ever meet a family without grief, without pain,it will be in heaven. Jesus speaks a lot against 'envy'. Just because someone has something that you do not have,does not mean you should have it if you are not meant to ,have not been granted it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟439,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Okay, this is my last post. I will ask the powers that be to close this dumb thread.

Like that Hurricane Katrina Army, John Wayne looking Dude said, " Let's not get stuck on stupid..." and we, we are seriously stuck on stupid.
This whole post is melodramatic - over the top exaggerations.

Look, here it is, Baby- I can not take you seriously. I just don't think you're intentions are pure. You just want to play games and try to entrap me in my own posts to make me look bad....and like, yeah, like that's going to happen....

WA- I'm really concerned for you because the prism you see things through... is, well, heterodox. You're views on hell, your obsession with punishment and justice, cloud your vision... It is a form of Jansenism.

His fundamental error consists in disregarding the supernatural order, for Jansenius as for Baius, the vision of God is the necessary end of human nature; hence it follows that all the primal endowments designated in theology as supernatural or preternatural, including exemption from concupiscence, were simply man's due. This first assertion is fraught with grave consequences regarding the original fall, grace, and justification. As a result of Adam's sin, our nature stripped of elements essential to its integrity, is radically corrupt and depraved. Mastered by concupiscence, which in each of us properly constitutes original sin, the will is powerless to resist; it has become purely passive. It cannot escape the attraction of evil except it be aided by a movement of grace superior to and triumphant over the force of concupiscence. Our soul, henceforth obedient to no motive save that of pleasure, is at the mercy of the delectation, earthly or heavenly, which for the time being attracts it with the greatest strength. At once inevitable and irresistible, this delectation, if it come from heaven or from grace, leads man to virtue; if it come from nature or concupiscence, it determines him to sin. In the one case as in the other, the will is fatally swept on by the preponderant impulse. The two delectations says Jansenius, are like the two arms of a balance, of which the one cannot rise unless the other be lowered and vice versa. Thus man irresistibly, although voluntarily, does either good or evil, according as he is dominated by grace or by concupiscence; he never resists either the one or the other. In this system there is evidently no place for purely sufficient grace; on the other hand it is easy to discern the principles of the five condemned propositions.

CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Jansenius and Jansenism

BUT it sure does sound like what some argue in here that as tho some cannot resist what they are.

when you said you spank your children to give them a fear of God and hell... that is when you really lost me.
You make molehills into literal mountains...drama drama drama.

It says in scriptures that if we spare the rod - [which i also translated the term for rod to be small reed] which means a light punishment - a small pop in the bottom doesnt hurt... spare the rod we hate the child.

Purpose: To teach children that life is not fearless, we we must fear God. Not awe Him, the Hebrew word is literal fear like they feared an enemy attacking them....

Then you twist it to the above...which is ugly and typical.

I only commented because i am fed up really of you smearing my name all over the place.

When you speak about the immigration problem, welfare, Obama, the Muslims, gays, etc, you speak in the same fashion a bigot would.
I speak the truth.
I read the Quran....its written full of hate, and violence. UNTIL you read it and comprehend it, you cant talk.

I SAID PPL WHO ARE NOT POOR ARE ABUSING THE SYSTEM OR GETTING ON THE WELFARE SYSTEM INSTEAD OF WORKING.
You projected projected projected all over that thread too with your non reading nonsense.

I am not going another round of the gays which you are obsessed with.... tho i speak truth and not pandering to egos.

I dont like Obama and i do not like what he has done...

I hardly see you ever say anything about the gross things he has done.
But seems first in line to attack the pro life.
I wish nothing but the best for you and I pray God will give you some much needed perspective.
If that were true then you wouldnt smear my character all over the forum and bear false witness.

IF you add to what i have said or purposefully detract from what i say - you intentionally are trying to harm my witness.

WHY you are allowed to - i dont know.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
You said she was a bigot because she said that there's no sex in Heaven. .

Sure.. that is exactly what I said... sure....:thumbsup: what ever you say, if you say that's what I said, then gosh darn, I said that!

roll eyes...

I asked that this train wreck of a thread be closed...

The more people post, the more horrified I become.

Upvote 0

Needing_Grace

Chief of Sinners
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
✟11,799.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And for the others out there who succeeded they say it is not BS.
So instead of corrallng a group into one area - at least understand individualism still exists. AS i am sure even our friends in here know that.

EVEN if they do or do not resist attraction they are not the poster child of what the human will is capable of. Anything is possible with God.

:thumbsup:

Courage does not demand that one deny their same-sex attractions, it recognizes SSA and provides support in dealing with it. Courage's first goal is compliance with the Church's teachings on human sexuality. Human sexuality comes in two flavors: male and female. There is no option for neuter.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟439,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Courage does not demand that one deny their same-sex attractions, it recognizes SSA and provides support in dealing with it. Courage's first goal is compliance with the Church's teachings on human sexuality. Human sexuality comes in two flavors: male and female. There is no option for neuter.

I know what Courage is. I often recommend it in here.

But there are groups and gays who have converted. And YES there are those who scoff at such a thing. So it is, of course, by the will of man and the grace of God working together. The will being of importance within the person - and the importance of that by acting on the grace given.

I dont have info on how or whatever - i just know it has been done.

The same can be said of heroine drug users who quit.

Upvote 0
Apr 11, 2011
✟2,974.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Jesus, the Head of the Catholic Church said, "For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven." - Matthew 22:30

Get out of here... this does not say gays have to be non sexual or go to hell.

when we ALL die, all of us, we will have no use for attractions because there is no marriage in heaven.

But where does the Church, the CHURCH! in an offical statement- TEACH that a gay, its the Lord will, for them to live like they are already in heaven with no sexuilty at all?

where does the Church say that? and like its useless to argue with the Prots when they pull the bible says so game... I will not do the same with you. Are you a Prot? No. So who do you think you are to tare a page out of their play book?

You have no authority to quote the bible out of context and apply it to your OWN ideas... that are warped, BTW, in case you didn't know.

and guess what? You just admitted you were not being honest... nothing new there.

So you do feel celibacy is not good enough, they have to deny a SSA or burn in hell.

so that would be a yes, you do agree with WA... that makes two really messed up views that are in no way catholic.. thank God.
The Pope is the Vicar of Christ, but Jesus is the Head of the Church. This has always been the teaching of the Catholic Church. See the following:

"Jesus Christ, the head of the Church, precedes us into the Father's glorious kingdom so that we, the members of his Body, may live in the hope of one day being with him for ever." -CCC

You have called Jesus' teaching about no sex in Heaven "hog wash", and you got wrong one of the most basic teachings of the Catholic Church. The Catholic teaching of Jesus being the head of the Church is as basic to the faith as the teaching about the Holy Trinity. You need to spend less time worrying about offending gays and more time trying to learn the teachings of the Catholic Church.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟439,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

Just wanted to add that if you cannot follow the others who were able to transform their preferences to the opposite sex, dont despair and follow Courage. We each have our own paths.

Upvote 0
Jan 7, 2012
✟15,350.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
He came to call sinners - not kill them off.

Go and sin no more

Try it from here:

Mathew 12

At that time Jesus was going through a field of grain on the sabbath. His disciples were hungry and began to pick the heads of grain and eat them.
When the Pharisees saw this, they said to him, “See, your disciples are doing what is unlawful to do on the sabbath.”
He said to them, “Have you not read what David did when he and his companions were hungry,
how he went into the house of God and ate the bread of offering,d which neither he nor his companions but only the priests could lawfully eat?
Or have you not read in the law that on the sabbath the priests serving in the temple violate the sabbath and are innocent?
I say to you, something greater than the temple is here.
If you knew what this meant, ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice, you would not have condemned these innocent men.
For the Son of Man is Lord of the sabbath.”

The similarity in the two passages is that in the one you quoted, they were accusing Jesus of being unclean. In this one, they are accusing the disciples of sin.

Jesus is saying that breaking a rule or law of the church, doesn't make you a sinner. He is saying God wants mercy from us for one another, not obedience to rules. He is most definitely not saying "Go and sin no more."

The sacrifice He refers to is the ritualistic behavior demanded in the practice of religion. What God values in us is charity. Jesus says it over and over in so many ways.

Upvote 0
Jan 7, 2012
✟15,350.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
In Heaven we do not marry and we are not sexual beings,.
Period.

That's exactly right. Makes you wonder why Mary keeps appearing as a woman being as she isn't one anymore.

SO if gays want to do the Lord's will, they will be non sexual

This is not a logical construct. Do You know why? Because if this were true and you had to be a non sexual person because that's the Lord's Will, the Church would teach that no one should have sex. Ever.

But... we are not in Heaven. We are here. We are body and spirit. We are sexual creatures. This is God's Will for us. Or we wouldn't be.

Now, what did Jesus say? He said: MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS AND BE KIND TO ONE ANOTHER.

That's it.

That's the whole crux of the Gospels.

What gay people do is none of your business. Never has been, never will be.

PERIOD.

I personally think God is going to prefer a gay couple of warmth and charity over a self-righteous prig of a hetero Catholic pretty much every time.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟439,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Try it from here:
Mathew 12

At that time Jesus was going through a field of grain on the sabbath. His disciples were hungry and began to pick the heads of grain and eat them.
When the Pharisees saw this, they said to him, “See, your disciples are doing what is unlawful to do on the sabbath.”
He said to them, “Have you not read what David did when he and his companions were hungry,
how he went into the house of God and ate the bread of offering,d which neither he nor his companions but only the priests could lawfully eat?
Or have you not read in the law that on the sabbath the priests serving in the temple violate the sabbath and are innocent?
I say to you, something greater than the temple is here.
If you knew what this meant, ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice, you would not have condemned these innocent men.
For the Son of Man is Lord of the sabbath.”
The similarity in the two passages is that in the one you quoted, they were accusing Jesus of being unclean. In this one, they are accusing the disciples of sin.

Jesus is saying that breaking a rule or law of the church, doesn't make you a sinner. He is saying God wants mercy from us for one another, not obedience to rules. He is most definitely not saying "Go and sin no more."

The sacrifice He refers to is the ritualistic behavior demanded in the practice of religion. What God values in us is charity. Jesus says it over and over in so many ways.

AGAIN i said:

He came to call sinners - not kill them off.

Go and sin no more
----------------------

The Jews wanted a leader who would be strong to oppose the Romans [Gentiles] and have sinners stoned [et al]

I am not going by the idea of the verse, but what the Jews wanted and that brings context to Christ's words.

See?

GO and sin no more - is what Christ told the sinners He spoke to. That was His message, that was His mission so we could have forgiveness and mercy.

IF you notice the hardness of hearts mentioned - we know not all listened to Him.
And specifically His parables regarding those who would not follow Him.

So to discover what He was saying - we have to see what the Jews wanted of their Messiah.
Power. Kingship. Strength. Battle Lord. [etc]

OBVIOUSLY He was not what was in their mind as Messiah - hence their criticisms. ERGO how He spoke to them.

Upvote 0
Jan 7, 2012
✟15,350.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
benedictaoo,

Calm down. No one here is saying that they hate gays. Like I said, what I have a problem with is when they try to force us to accept things like so-called "gay marriage"..

Excuse me. Plenty of straight people are in support of same gender civil unions. No one is forcing anything on you. Who others enter into this legal civil contract with is not your business. And, as many Christian Pastors perform marriage ceremonies for marry same gender couples, also, not your business.

Your position seems to be: "Okay, you're gay, stay away."

As long as they don't actually insist on existing you are fine with them.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.