Los Angeles, CA
✟11,799.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think it's a total double standard based on a certain kind of mindset which has its basis in the primitive, lizard portion of the brain. It's why you find that people who are the most "conservative" tend to also be arrogant, rude, self-righteous and inflexible, even where there are no moral issues at stake. The Pharisees of Jesus' day probably were the same way.

But that's just a thought. :)

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Presumably part of the same notion that it's OK to mudsling and generalise in the first place.

I'm increasingly convinced one of the major factors contributing to moral decay in the West is a general lack of manners on all sides.

I agree.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Presumably part of the same notion that it's OK to mudsling and generalise in the first place.

I'm increasingly convinced one of the major factors contributing to moral decay in the West is a general lack of manners on all sides.
:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

princess_ballet

Senior Veteran
Jul 8, 2003
Michigan
✟16,089.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Are you serious?

Conservatives are stereotyped every single day (you just did it in your post). Of course we flip out because it isn't correct. That doesn't mean we're arrogant, rude, self-righteous, or whatever else the other poster labeled us (again, stereotyping and judgmental, nice).

I can't believe the presumption or absurdity of this post. Seriously.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are you serious?

Conservatives are stereotyped every single day (you just did it in your post). Of course we flip out because it isn't correct. That doesn't mean we're arrogant, rude, self-righteous, or whatever else the other poster labeled us (again, stereotyping and judgmental, nice).

Agreed.

The whole liberal/conservative thing is so stupid anyway. Just a convenient way to avoid weight the actual issues imo.

Upvote 0

Needing_Grace

Chief of Sinners
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
✟11,799.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Are you serious?

Perhaps a clarification is in order.

I don't believe that all conservatives are arrogant, rude and self-righteous (some are...and may God help those of us who are sometimes arrogant, rude and self-righteous, conservative or not). If I left that impression, I'm sorry. :sorry:

What I do mean to say is that people who operate out of their primitive lizard brain tend to be conservative.Let me explain using set theory. You can generally divide a group of people into liberal and conservative. Then you can generally divide the same group of people based on whether or not they operate out of their primitive lizard brain. The two criteria (politics and primitive-lizard braininess) can be analyzed independently (as shown in the study the article discusses) and the intersects show that those who do operate out of their primitive-lizard brain tend to be conservative. There are people who are conservative and do not operate out of their primitive lizard brain and vice versa.

I am a non-conservative who, unfortunately, is primitive-lizard brainy.

Interestingly, this was played with a lot of hoopla among liberals on their blogs and HuffPost.

Here's a link to the story and a preview:
Scientists have found that people with conservative views have brains with larger amygdalas, almond shaped areas in the centre of the brain often associated with anxiety and emotions.

On the otherhand, they have a smaller anterior cingulate, an area at the front of the brain associated with courage and looking on the bright side of life.
To be honest, I suffer from great fear and anxiety and am hardly ever optimistic. If you've read what I think of having the gayness and how it makes my life unbearable (want time machine to go back and stop my conception: no existence, no threat of hell), you know that I'm being honest here.

I'm not conservative though. I'm more of a liberal on economic issues and a Catholic on social issues. I don't buy the Republicans line on the social issues for a lot of reasons. I can sense when things aren't kosher and lately, the Republicans are so far from kosher, they might as well be shrimp or lobster (I don't dare say pork), but don't worry, the Democrats couldn't kasher themselves if they tried. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
'Lord, I beseech thee, give me these sufferings: they belong to me: I have deserved them in punishment for my sins.’

~ Emmerich

At the day of judgment, when the most hidden things will be manifested, we shall see the share we have had in the torments endured by the Son of God; we shall see how far we have caused them by the sins we so frequently commit, and which are, in fact, a species of consent which we give to, and a participation in, the tortures which were inflicted on Jesus by his cruel enemies. If, alas! we reflected seriously on this, we should repeat with much greater fervour the words which we find so often in prayer-books: ‘Lord, grant that I may die, rather than ever wilfully offend thee again by sin.’

~ Emmerich

Visions of a Stigmatist - and her sentiments certainly make us all look rather awkward.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I think it's a total double standard based on a certain kind of mindset which has its basis in the primitive, lizard portion of the brain. It's why you find that people who are the most "conservative" tend to also be arrogant, rude, self-righteous and inflexible, even where there are no moral issues at stake. The Pharisees of Jesus' day probably were the same way.

But that's just a thought. :)

and they don't see this is exactly how they are... its a blindness. I know I'm straight forward and direct and I will tell you exactly how it is... at least I know who I am and not afraid to admit it.

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Are you serious?

Yeah I am serious because in either direction, its not wrong to be who you are if you are one or the other.

Its the notion that there is shame in being one or the other or that the worse thing to be is liberal.

Its silly, immature and stupid.

But you really aren't a true conservative PB, maybe politically but in other things, you aren't.

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps a clarification is in order.

I don't believe that all conservatives are arrogant, rude and self-righteous (some are...and may God help those of us who are sometimes arrogant, rude and self-righteous, conservative or not). If I left that impression, I'm sorry. :sorry:

What I do mean to say is that people who operate out of their primitive lizard brain tend to be conservative.Let me explain using set theory. You can generally divide a group of people into liberal and conservative. Then you can generally divide the same group of people based on whether or not they operate out of their primitive lizard brain. The two criteria (politics and primitive-lizard braininess) can be analyzed independently (as shown in the study the article discusses) and the intersects show that those who do operate out of their primitive-lizard brain tend to be conservative. There are people who are conservative and do not operate out of their primitive lizard brain and vice versa.

I am a non-conservative who, unfortunately, is primitive-lizard brainy.

Interestingly, this was played with a lot of hoopla among liberals on their blogs and HuffPost.

Here's a link to the story and a preview:
To be honest, I suffer from great fear and anxiety and am hardly ever optimistic. If you've read what I think of having the gayness and how it makes my life unbearable (want time machine to go back and stop my conception: no existence, no threat of hell), you know that I'm being honest here.

I'm not conservative though. I'm more of a liberal on economic issues and a Catholic on social issues. I don't buy the Republicans line on the social issues for a lot of reasons. I can sense when things aren't kosher and lately, the Republicans are so far from kosher, they might as well be shrimp or lobster (I don't dare say pork), but don't worry, the Democrats couldn't kasher themselves if they tried. :D

Hmm, Interesting, so conservatives are judgy because they're chemically uptight. and liberals are not judgy because they chemically don't care what other people think.

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
'Lord, I beseech thee, give me these sufferings: they belong to me: I have deserved them in punishment for my sins.’

~ Emmerich

At the day of judgment, when the most hidden things will be manifested, we shall see the share we have had in the torments endured by the Son of God; we shall see how far we have caused them by the sins we so frequently commit, and which are, in fact, a species of consent which we give to, and a participation in, the tortures which were inflicted on Jesus by his cruel enemies. If, alas! we reflected seriously on this, we should repeat with much greater fervour the words which we find so often in prayer-books: ‘Lord, grant that I may die, rather than ever wilfully offend thee again by sin.’

~ Emmerich

Visions of a Stigmatist - and her sentiments certainly make us all look rather awkward.
You prove the study true, WA... there that inordinate fear you talk so much about.

Upvote 0

Needing_Grace

Chief of Sinners
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
✟11,799.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You prove the study true, WA... there that inordinate fear you talk so much about.

I don't know about any individual's case with regards to the study, but I do know that Jesus told us to:

"Be not afraid."

If God commands it, He provides the means to fulfill it. At least that's my understanding. St. Paul tells us how.

Romans 8:15
For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

2 Timothy 1:7
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
and perfect love casts out all fear. When we come to really know and embrace God's perfect love for us, we no longer fear Him because we know He loves us and we can trust that.

and God loves us just how we are right now.. no requirement to be this or that- He loves us no string attached. Yes He loves us too much to leave us in a bad way and will try to convince us to change, but He loves us just the way we are. NOT, IF we change, THEN He will love us.

Upvote 0

Needing_Grace

Chief of Sinners
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
✟11,799.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
and perfect love casts out all fear. When we come to really know and embrace God's perfect love for us, we no longer fear Him because we know He loves us and we can trust that.

and God loves us just how we are right now.. no requirement to be this or that- He loves us no string attached. Yes He loves us too much to leave us in a bad way and will try to convince us to change, but He loves us just the way we are. NOT, IF we change, THEN He will love us.

Thank you. Here's the passage:

1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
2 John 1:8
Look to yourselves, that you lose not the things which you have wrought: but that you may receive a full reward.

Matthew 10:42
And whosoever shall give to drink to one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, amen I say to you, he shall not lose his reward.

Matthew 5:13
You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt lose its savour, wherewith shall it be salted? It is good for nothing any more but to be cast out, and to be trodden on by men.

1 Corinthians 15:2
By which also you are saved, if you hold fast after what manner I preached unto you, unless you have believed in vain.

Matthew 10:39
He that findeth his life, shall lose it: and he that shall lose his life for me, shall find it.

Luke 9:25
For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, and cast away himself?

Hebrews 6:

http://drbo.org/x/d?b=drb&bk=65&ch=6&l=5#x [4] For it is impossible for those who were once illuminated, have tasted also the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, [5] Have moreover tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, [6] And are fallen away: to be renewed again to penance, crucifying again to themselves the Son of God, and making him a mockery.

1 Corinthians 9:24
Know you not that they that run in the race, all run indeed, but one receiveth the prize? So run that you may obtain.

NOT a fan of OSAS.

Upvote 0

Needing_Grace

Chief of Sinners
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
✟11,799.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
2 John 1:8
Look to yourselves, that you lose not the things which you have wrought: but that you may receive a full reward.

Matthew 10:42
And whosoever shall give to drink to one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, amen I say to you, he shall not lose his reward.

Matthew 5:13
You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt lose its savour, wherewith shall it be salted? It is good for nothing any more but to be cast out, and to be trodden on by men.

1 Corinthians 15:2
By which also you are saved, if you hold fast after what manner I preached unto you, unless you have believed in vain.

Matthew 10:39
He that findeth his life, shall lose it: and he that shall lose his life for me, shall find it.

Luke 9:25
For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, and cast away himself?

Hebrews 6:

[4] For it is impossible for those who were once illuminated, have tasted also the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, [5] Have moreover tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, [6] And are fallen away: to be renewed again to penance, crucifying again to themselves the Son of God, and making him a mockery.

1 Corinthians 9:24
Know you not that they that run in the race, all run indeed, but one receiveth the prize? So run that you may obtain.

NOT a fan of OSAS.

OBJECTION!

Assumes facts not in evidence.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.