So what degree or degrees are you going for..

DeathMagus

Stater of the Obvious
Jul 17, 2007
Right behind you.
✟20,194.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
I'm currently majoring in Liberal Arts and Sciences, but after I get my Associate's Degree (which is what I'm working towards right now), I want to go on to get a Bachelor's Degree in English.
Excuse my confusion - this is not intended to be insulting but may unfortunately come out so: Of what use will the Associate's degree in Liberal Arts be after you obtain your Bachelor's in English?

Upvote 0

HannahBanana

Dec 11, 2006
Concord, MA
✟12,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Excuse my confusion - this is not intended to be insulting but may unfortunately come out so: Of what use will the Associate's degree in Liberal Arts be after you obtain your Bachelor's in English?
It won't be of any use, since it won't be my highest degree of education anymore. I mean, I doubt an employer would want to know about my Associate's Degree rather than my Bachelor's Degree. That would be like asking a high school student what their elementary school grades were like.

Upvote 0

DeathMagus

Stater of the Obvious
Jul 17, 2007
Right behind you.
✟20,194.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
It won't be of any use, since it won't be my highest degree of education anymore. I mean, I doubt an employer would want to know about my Associate's Degree rather than my Bachelor's Degree. That would be like asking a high school student what their elementary school grades were like.

Ok, 'swhat I thought. Thanks for the response.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mrs. Luther073082

Commit to the LORD whatever you do - Proverbs 16:3
Jan 18, 2006
✟41,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

Like she said, it will not be useful after she gets her Bachelor's because it will no longer be her highest degree. However, that does not mean than getting an Associate's is useless when you intend to seek a Bachelor's degree or higher. A lot of people earn an AA and then transfer to a university. An Associate's degree is like your freshman and sophomore years and when you transfer to a university you are considered a junior.

Upvote 0

DeathMagus

Stater of the Obvious
Jul 17, 2007
Right behind you.
✟20,194.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Like she said, it will not be useful after she gets her Bachelor's because it will no longer be her highest degree. However, that does not mean than getting an Associate's is useless when you intend to seek a Bachelor's degree or higher. A lot of people earn an AA and then transfer to a university. An Associate's degree is like your freshman and sophomore years and when you transfer to a university you are considered a junior.
I suppose if I were pursuing that path (of getting early and core credits cheaply, then moving to a bigger university to finish up a bachelors), I'd simply transfer credits. Wouldn't getting an associate's degree require perhaps a class or two that one wouldn't need for the bachelor's?

Upvote 0

Mrs. Luther073082

Commit to the LORD whatever you do - Proverbs 16:3
Jan 18, 2006
✟41,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Here in Florida, all of your credits transfer if you have an AA from a Florida community college. An AA also guarantees your admission to one of the state's universities.

http://www.facts.org/cgi-bin/eaglec

(ETA: Well I don't know if it was accurate of me to say that "all of your credits" transfer, but all of mine did.)

Upvote 0

DeathMagus

Stater of the Obvious
Jul 17, 2007
Right behind you.
✟20,194.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Pogue

left CF, please see profile for further details
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2006
http://www.thesonscafe.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15
✟59,840.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Greens
BA German with Dutch, hoping to do an MA in Translation Studies after that. I'm going to be a student until I'm about 93, I think.

Reactions: kittysbecute
Upvote 0