Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Finally the evidence has been leaked that ex-cardinal ex-priest Teddy McCarrick really was censured and restricted. Like archbishop Vigano said. I'm not surprised.

We still have the difference of opinion on whether pope Francis knew archbishop Vigano told him about McCarrick.

• Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,673,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Finally the evidence has been leaked that ex-cardinal ex-priest Teddy McCarrick really was censured and restricted. Like archbishop Vigano said. I'm not surprised.

We still have the difference of opinion on whether pope Francis knew archbishop Vigano told him about McCarrick.
I've never doubted Vigano.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I've never doubted Vigano.
Me either. But here is just one more instance where what he says has been proven out. Which makes me all the more concerned about the favorite of the Sankt Gallen Mafia.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,673,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do not think there is any reason at all why he would lie about this.
I've seen it now. Somebody is either lying or has a very weak memory. And archbishop Vigano has been proven reliable a few times now.

• Agree
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I do not think there is any reason at all why he would lie about this.
Well, then the only other apparent option is that pope Francis either forgot or is lying. Neither are attractive.

I think there may be a few more days of things coming out about this so I'm going to wait and see.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I believe Vigano. What worries me is the opposite of believing Vigano, what would this mean regarding the moral character of the Pontiff? This needs to be considered .
And that is the uncomfortable thing. If Vigano is right, and he has been proven right in many things, then something seems to be wrong with the pontiff. How do we understand that? How do we put the best possible light on it while still being truthful to the evidence? I am happy that archbishop Vigano has been proven right once again. But the implications do not make me happy. I am prayerfully waiting for a bit more detail on what pope Francis knew and when he knew it. He says, as of two days ago now, that he knew nothing.

Upvote 0