Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
I mean to say " righteousness by the law" as written by Moses and all the prophets (OT).

Text proves that Israel did seek righteousness by keeping the law.
Rom 9:31But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.

You cant have it both ways Steve. Now you're trying to prove that all are under the law.

For Christian conduct, yes. The Law is profitable for correction and instruction in righteousness (living). It is useless for salvation.

You can't seem to separate law/salvation from law/right living.

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
For Christian conduct, yes. The Law is profitable for correction and instruction in righteousness (living). It is useless for salvation.

You totally ignore Gal 5:16, 18 -21. These are some of the thing we absatain from if we are led by the Spirit. We are not anomos as you ty to paint people of grace. Not all of us are Calvinist. And Armenianism is not correct by itself either. Both have some good points while lumpsided in an undesirable way.

bugkiller

Reactions: Timothew
Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Sez who???

Text sez, all scriptures are profitable for correction and instruction in righteousness, not the law is profitable for instruction in righteousness.
2Ti 3:16All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Whether you like it or not Steve, where the scriptures declares that righteousness from God has been made known, it's declared as seperated from the law or without the law. Somehow you're confusing yourself.

Rom 3:19Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God.
Rom 3:20Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin.
Rom 3:21But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify.
Rom 3:22This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference,
Rom 3:23for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
Rom 3:24and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You totally ignore Gal 5:16, 18 -21. These are some of the thing we absatain from if we are led by the Spirit. We are not anomos as you ty to paint people of grace. Not all of us are Calvinist. And Armenianism is not correct by itself either. Both have some good points while lumpsided in an undesirable way.

bugkiller

We are not anomos, Amen:cool:

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Sez who???

Text sez, all scriptures are profitable for correction and instruction in righteousness, not the law is profitable for instruction in righteousness.
2Ti 3:16All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Whether you like it or not Steve, where the scriptures declares that righteousness from God has been made known, it's declared as seperated from the law or without the law. Somehow you're confusing yourself.

Rom 3:19Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God.
Rom 3:20Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin.
Rom 3:21But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify.
Rom 3:22This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference,
Rom 3:23for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
Rom 3:24and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

There is a righteousness that is about our relationship to God and there is a righteousness that is about our daily walk. I think Paul in 2 Tim is talking about daily conduct, while in Romans he is talking about our standing before God (ala Romans 3:24). Separate issues.

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There is a righteousness that is about our relationship to God and there is a righteousness that is about our daily walk. I think Paul in 2 Tim is talking about daily conduct, while in Romans he is talking about our standing before God (ala Romans 3:24). Separate issues.
No! Not separate. Only separate in your mind!
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3hn6fFTxeo

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Righteousness is being on the right side of the Law. That is where you find Christ.
On the other hand to be under the law is to find yourself in sin. Sin as defined by the same Law of God.

But now a righteousness from God, apart from Law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify! (Romans 3:21)

This is where you find Christ, The Law and the Prophets testify to this. This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ, not by works of the Law.

It has always been this way too. Look at Abraham, was he righteous because he did a work of the Law? Or was he righteous because he had faith in God?

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
But now a righteousness from God, apart from Law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify! (Romans 3:21)

This is where you find Christ, The Law and the Prophets testify to this. This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ, not by works of the Law.

It has always been this way too. Look at Abraham, was he righteous because he did a work of the Law? Or was he righteous because he had faith in God?
When you are living in Christ's righteous living, you can get further where it is apart from the Law... that is the spiritual exploration into the wild world which is the Lord's and is Holy and good. All I am saying is that the Law is the border between that which is the Lord's land and that which is the land of lawlessness and iniquity. But it all must be spiritually seen as the Law is spiritual and to be incorporated into the heart as the schoolmaster... upon which the Holy Spirit can use as a witness for convictions of how close one might be to the border.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well that's incorrect. If you haven't noticed, I've not once stated that sunday or any other day for that matter is a wicked day. :doh:

Isn't [Sunday worship] part of the Mark O' the Beast dealy in the SDA?

IF so, how can it NOT be wicked?

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you seen this thread yet? :angel:

http://www.christianforums.com/t7444322/
Is Sunday worship mark of the beast?

One cannot 'reason' with powers of darkness. God INTENTIONALLY keeps those powers bickering and divided, and in the most peculiar and particular fashions.

And the simplest observations, should they contain 'personal affront' will be quickly brushed off in favor of our OWN brands of 'righteousness.'

You could print Paul's statements to the SDA about believers who believe every day is alike and they are not compelled by REASON. They are compelled to PLACE SIN upon those who do not practice as THEY do.

You could print Paul's statements about all meat being clean and they are not compelled by REASON. They are compelled to PLACE SIN upon those who do not practice as THEY do.

Now, just replace the Sat. Sab. and the pork to ANY OTHER GROUPS positions, and the same IDENTICAL THING transpires perpetually, not only here, but everywhere. It's actually quite funny and were it not so sad, I'd even say entertaining.

THE MARK OF THE BEAST is a complete INABILITY to love our neighbors as ourselves NO MATTER WHAT. That is THE DARKNESS within man that CONTROLS them like PREDICTIBLE BEAST PUPPETS.

The Mark of the Beast is the MISSING MARK of LOVE. I think it appropriate that it is A VOID mark.

VOID of GODLY LOVE within.

enjoy!

squint

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Isn't [Sunday worship] part of the Mark O' the Beast dealy in the SDA?

IF so, how can it NOT be wicked?

SDA teach that sunday worship will be the mark of the beast when it sunday worship is forced. That aside, it has nothing to do with the day, but with what is going on. So no, SDA's do not see Sunday as a wicked or evil day.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
SDA teach that sunday worship will be the mark of the beast when it sunday worship is forced. That aside, it has nothing to do with the day, but with what is going on. So no, SDA's do not see Sunday as a wicked or evil day.
:confused:

Who would be the ones forcing that?

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
SDA teach that sunday worship will be the mark of the beast when it sunday worship is forced.

AS if the SDA's don't impose a form of force for Sat?

fwiw, I doubt very much that RCC members will be physically killng SDAers for Sat.

That aside, it has nothing to do with the day, but with what is going on. So no, SDA's do not see Sunday as a wicked or evil day.

If I read your bolded statements I don't know how you avoid Sun. being the wicked day. Worship of the beast on Sun. would certainly be wicked day(s), logically speaking.

?

Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
AS if the SDA's don't impose a form of force for Sat?

fwiw, I doubt very much that RCC members will be physically killng SDAers for Sat.
Fwiw, I hope there aren't any RCC members trying to kill SDA's either.

If I read your bolded statements I don't know how you avoid Sun. being the wicked day. Worship of the beast on Sun. would certainly be wicked day(s), logically speaking.

?
God made Sunday. I don't recall Him calling it evil or wicked and as such I won't call it evil or wicked. If you think about it, everyone does evil and wicked deeds daily. Those days however don't become evil and wicked in and of themselves.

Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
:confused:

Who would be the ones forcing that?

Government. They've tried before. They're trying now, and have been successful in some cases.

The Republic of the Marshall Islands is considering the passage of Bill No. 66 which if passed will be known as "the Sunday Observance Act, 2010." The Act labels "Sunday to keep holy." "[N]o person shall engage in trading, practice profession or conduct commercial undertaking" on Sunday - but there are exceptions. It would allow hotels, restaurants, airport and its shops, and seaports to be open without restriction. "[M]om-and-pop" shops that cater "purposely for sale of food" can be open from 12 noon to 8pm Sunday.
Individual violators face a fine up to $200 or up to three months in jail; corporations face fines up to $1,000.

Upvote 0