So Is Sunday Wicked?

B

bbbbbbb

On another related thread, the OP asserts that Sunday is not holy. The same poster also believes there is only one truth and every question is either/or. Thus, if Sunday is not holy, it must be wicked, which is the antonym of holy.

Is Sunday the most wicked day of the week or are all the other five days (excluding the Sabbath, of course) equally wicked?

Reactions: squint

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Let's see. Among other things---

Day 1--Creation. (Gen. 1:1, 5 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. ... And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Day 1--First fruits.--- OT saints (Mt. 27:52-53, And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

Day 1--Pentecost.--- NT called out ones reborn of the Spirit made one in Christ (Acts 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. )

8th day.---Jn. 20:26-28 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: [then] came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace [be] unto you. Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust [it] into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Don't think so.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pythons

Feb 17, 2008
✟5,503.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Saturday is the day the Antichrist will observe, therefore, the Beast power, which will be controlled by the Great harlot will round up all Sunday observing Christians and put them to the sword if they do not swear fealty to the 7th day Sabbath and renounce Sunday because that day is universally recognized as the day Christians worship the Christ who died in the Great City ( Jerusalem ) 2000 years ago.

Upvote 0

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Saturday is the day the Antichrist will observe, therefore, the Beast power, which will be controlled by the Great harlot will round up all Sunday observing Christians and put them to the sword if they do not swear fealty to the 7th day Sabbath and renounce Sunday because that day is universally recognized as the day Christians worship the Christ who died in the Great City ( Jerusalem ) 2000 years ago.

What?!

Upvote 0

Musa80

Veteran
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
✟10,191.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married

Mr. Pythons, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. :cool:

j/k seriously

Upvote 0

Pythons

Feb 17, 2008
✟5,503.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Mr. Pythons, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. :cool:

j/k seriously

Seriously Intercisus??

John 5 said:
But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.

I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive

Do you believe Jesus was addressing Pagans in this Scripture? Do you believe the religious authority Jesus was addressing was jiggy with Jesus and how he observed the Sabbath?

Seriously Intercisus, do you believe that the religious authority Jesus was speaking to in John 5,42 would ( or will in the future ) 'receive' a messiah that trampled (s) on the Sabbath?

If you had done your homework prior to inserting foot into mouth you would know that Seventh-day Adventism, teaches with velocity, that Sunday observance is paying homage to Satan AND that at some point in the future all "sabbath observing Christians" will be rounded up and given the choice to accept the mark of the Beast ( Sunday ) or be tortured and killed.

I do appreciate your prayer for me. I'll take all I can get and look most forward to our subsequent discussions.

Upvote 0

Eucharisted

Nov 24, 2009
United States
✟8,761.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Sunday isn't evil because that's the day Jesus rose from the day. Jesus rose from the dead on Sunday so Sunday isn't evil. If Jesus has risen from the dead on Sunday, than Sunday is not evil, because it was on Sunday that Jesus rose from the dead, and therefore Sunday isn't evil because it was the day that Jesus rose from the dead. Jesus rose from the dead on the first day of the week which is Sunday, so Sunday, being the first day of the week, isn't evil. You can't call Sunday evil because Jesus rose from the dead on that same day, which is Sunday. The day that Jesus rose.

:p

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sunday isn't evil because that's the day Jesus rose from the day. Jesus rose from the dead on Sunday so Sunday isn't evil. If Jesus has risen from the dead on Sunday, than Sunday is not evil, because it was on Sunday that Jesus rose from the dead, and therefore Sunday isn't evil because it was the day that Jesus rose from the dead. Jesus rose from the dead on the first day of the week which is Sunday, so Sunday, being the first day of the week, isn't evil. You can't call Sunday evil because Jesus rose from the dead on that same day, which is Sunday. The day that Jesus rose.

:p

Saturday is not the day. Unless thou then proceedeth on to Sunday. Monday is right out.

Book of Armaments Chapter 4, Verse 21

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
M

MamaZ

If you had done your homework prior to inserting foot into mouth you would know that Seventh-day Adventism, teaches with velocity, that Sunday observance is paying homage to Satan AND that at some point in the future all "sabbath observing Christians" will be rounded up and given the choice to accept the mark of the Beast ( Sunday ) or be tortured and killed.
And this is from where? Who says that sometime in the future this will happen? So when we all Gather on Sunday to worship and praise the Lord and Hear from the written word we are paying homage to the devil? Because of a day? This is the most offensive post I have seen in a long long time here on CF..

Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
On another related thread, the OP asserts that Sunday is not holy. The same poster also believes there is only one truth and every question is either/or. Thus, if Sunday is not holy, it must be wicked, which is the antonym of holy.

Is Sunday the most wicked day of the week or are all the other five days (excluding the Sabbath, of course) equally wicked?

Wow that would be silly now wouldn't it. That's like saying that I think that every other day of the week is "wicked". You ought to do a better job of presenting what someone believes.

Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
And this is from where? Who says that sometime in the future this will happen? So when we all Gather on Sunday to worship and praise the Lord and Hear from the written word we are paying homage to the devil? Because of a day? This is the most offensive post I have seen in a long long time here on CF..

Pythons has this nasty habit of exaggerating what we teach. God judges the heart. Many many many many many many Adventists completely believe that there will be people who they know now, who at the present worship on Sunday, will be saved.

The bible is explicit in teaching however that those who do not take the mark of the beast will have a law passed in favor of their destruction. So you can either believe what the bible says, or not.

You may or may not find the following to be interesting. This is a quote from a gentleman by the name of Roger Morneau:

At that time the high priest said something that I found to be both puzzling and disturbing. He stated that in the future as times on this planet would grow more and more difficult, and calamities of all kinds would strike the earth with greater frequency, the fallen spirits are going to then impress religious leaders to bring before the governments and masses of earth, the sacredness of Sunday. The spirits will put all of their efforts into this.
Some present who heard this, then asked him, “Well what’s going to happen to those people who don’t believe in or accept the spirits recommendations?” The priest answered, “That will be no problem at all. Laws will be passed by governments that will force people to go along with it, regardless of whether they believe in it or not. And the law enforcement officers will explain to the people, making it very clear, that such a law is necessary to assure the well being of society. These religious laws will be passed with no effort at all.
He went on to explain the fact that to give honor and reverence to the ‘Venerable Day of the Sun’ in ages past has been a great irritant to the Creator, as many nations and peoples in earlier times have been involved in the worship of the sun. And he said, “It is all going to take place again. But not in worshipping the sun itself, but in remembering the Venerable Day of the Sun, Sunday to keep it holy!” He then made a statement that I’ll never forget; he said, “ By the observance of the day on which our master, Lucifer, has placed the unction of his authority and power, the master is receiving homage, regardless of who people may think they are worshipping.”
The High priest also mentioned the fact that while Lucifer has chosen Sunday as his holy day, the Creator has chosen the Seventh day of the week. It was Lucifer who influenced calling his first day of the week, the sacred day of sun worship, “Sunday”. And although people may well think that they are worshiping God, the Creator, by observing that particular day, they are actually bringing their homage and respect to the supreme master Lucifer.
This brings to mind a dialogue that occurred when the high priest informed us that for centuries friendly demon spirits have working diligently to establish and uphold in the religious convictions of all people, the belief that man has an immortal soul. He then went on to boast about how intelligent the great master was, in that he had been able to deceive the whole world, even in an age of great scientific knowledge and understanding. Then one person put up his hand, and the high priest said, “Yes, do you want to say something?” He responded, “What about the Adventists? You can’t count them deceived regarding the state of the dead. And I have a question, why is it that they can’t be brought under the great deception?” At that time the priest never spoke about “Seventh-day Adventists” (a group that I had never heard of in my life) he referred strictly to “Adventists”.
The priest answered, “You’re right; I apologize, here I did make a mistake. When I said that among all the billions of people living on the face of this planet, everyone was honoring the great master, I forgot all about the Adventists. After all, they are so few in number when you think of all the billions, I didn’t even think to mention them, so I’m sorry.” Then he said, “Secondly, the reason why they can’t be brought under the great deception? Let me explain this to you. Now, my next statement is going to upset some of you, but what I’m telling you is the honest truth, it’s factual and it’s reality. The fact that the Adventists observe the Biblical Sabbath of creation and reverence the Creator on that day makes it impossible for the spirits to deceive them. They are given very special help and great spiritual insight. Under these conditions they are not ordinary people.” And that stayed with me.
(In Mark 2:28 Christ affirms "Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the Sabbath.” But another authority speaks. Priest, Thomas Enright, CSSR, President of Redemptorist College, Kansas City, Missouri stated - "The Bible says ‘Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy.’ The Catholic Church says, No. By my divine power I abolish the Sabbath day and command you to keep holy the first day of the week. And lo! The entire civilized world bows down in reverent obedience to the command of the Holy Catholic Church.")

And then there's this:
The Republic of the Marshall Islands is considering the passage of Bill No. 66 which if passed will be known as "the Sunday Observance Act, 2010." The Act labels "Sunday to keep holy." "[N]o person shall engage in trading, practice profession or conduct commercial undertaking" on Sunday - but there are exceptions. It would allow hotels, restaurants, airport and its shops, and seaports to be open without restriction. "[M]om-and-pop" shops that cater "purposely for sale of food" can be open from 12 noon to 8pm Sunday.
Individual violators face a fine up to $200 or up to three months in jail; corporations face fines up to $1,000.

Take it for what its worth...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pythons

Feb 17, 2008
✟5,503.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Pythons has this nasty habit of exaggerating what we teach. God judges the heart. Many many many many many many Adventists completely believe that there will be people who they know now, who at the present worship on Sunday, will be saved.

Come on Stryder; "many, many, many, many Adventists completely believe that there will be people who they know NOW, who at the PRESENT worship on Sunday will be saved".

This is exactly what I said, "at some point in the future". Now, about that nasty habbit you say I have.

Ellen White said:
The sign, or seal, of God is revealed in the observance of the seventh-day Sabbath, the Lord's memorial of creation. . . . the mark of the Beast is the opposite of this--the observance of the first day of the week. {Mar 211.2}

Ellen White said:
If the light of truth has been presented to you, revealing the Sabbath of the fourth commandment, and showing that there is no foundation in the Word of God for Sunday observance, and yet you still cling to the false sabbath, refusing to keep holy the Sabbath which God calls "my holy day," you receive the mark of the Beast. When does this take place? When you obey the decree that commands you to cease from labor on Sunday and worship God, while you know that there is not a word in the Bible showing Sunday to be other than a common working day, you consent to receive the mark of the Beast, and refuse the seal of God. {Mar 211.5}

The Sabbath is understood to be "the seal of God" or God's Mark leaving Sunday to be the seal of the Devil or the Mark of the Beast.

Ellen White said:
In a little while every one who is a child of God will have His seal placed upon him. O that it may be placed upon our foreheads! Who can endure the thought of being passed by when the angel goes forth to seal the servants of God in their foreheads? {Mar 211.6}

Ellen White said:
The sign, or seal, of God is revealed in the observance of the seventh-day Sabbath, the Lord's memorial of creation. . . . The mark of the Beast is the opposite of this--the observance of the first day of the week.--8T 117 (1904). {LDE 224.3}

In 1858 all Churches apart from Seventh-day Adventism were fully possessed of Satan ( according to Ellen White ).

Ellen White said:
I saw the state of the different churches since the second angel proclaimed their fall. They have been growing more and more corrupt; yet they bear the name of being Christ's followers. It is impossible to distinguish them from the world. Their ministers take their text from the Word, but preach smooth things. The natural heart feels no objection to this. It is only the spirit and power of the truth, and the salvation of Christ, that is hateful to the carnal heart. There is nothing in the popular ministry that stirs the wrath of Satan, makes the sinner tremble, or applies to the heart and conscience the fearful realities of a judgment soon to come. Wicked men are generally pleased with a form without true godliness, and they will aid and support such a religion. Said the angel, Nothing less than the whole armor of righteousness can overcome, and retain the victory over the powers of darkness. Satan has taken full possession of the churches as a body. The sayings and doings of men are dwelt upon instead of the plain cutting truths of the word of God. Said the angel, The friendship and spirit of the world are at enmity with God. When truth in its simplicity and strength, as it is in Jesus, is brought to bear against the spirit of the world,

I saw that since Jesus had left the Holy place of the heavenly Sanctuary, and had entered within the second vail, the churches were left as were the Jews; and they have been filling up with every unclean and hateful bird. I saw great iniquity and vileness in the churches; yet they profess to be christians. Their profession, their prayers and their exhortations, are an abomination in the sight of God. Said the angel, God will not smell in their assemblies. Selfishness, fraud and deceit are practiced by them without the reprovings of conscience. And over all these evil traits they throw the cloak of religion. I was shown the pride of the nominal churches. God was not in their thoughts; but their carnal minds dwell upon themselves. They decorate their poor mortal bodies, and then look upon themselves with satisfaction and pleasure. Jesus and the angels looked upon them in anger. Said the angel, Their sins and pride have reached unto heaven. Their portion is prepared. Justice and judgment have slumbered long, but will soon awake. Vengeance is mine, and I will

repay, saith the Lord. The fearful threatenings of the third angel are to be realized, and they will drink the wrath of God. An innumerable host of evil angels are spreading themselves over the whole land. The churches and religious bodies are crowded with them. And they look upon the religious bodies with exultation; for the cloak of religion covers the greatest crimes and iniquity. {1SG 190.1}

Say I exaggerate again and I'll pleasure you will a full maxed out posting page with quotes from the Sabbath School Lesson - the Adventist Review and other official teaching documents of your denomination. I tell it like it is.

Stryder said:
The bible is explicit in teaching however that those who do not take the mark of the beast will have a law passed in favor of their destruction. So you can either believe what the bible says, or not.

The issue I have is not that there is such a thing as the Mark of the Beast for certainly it's a teaching of Scripture - my issue is with SDA teaching that claims the mark of the Beast is Sunday ( for those who know the truth NOW ) and will be the mark for Christians once they know the truth of the 7th day Sabbath. The Sabbath is the seal of God? I go go on an on but we've covered this previously have we not?

SDA's have had a good run on slandering the Catholic Church at every turn with false claims - that time is simply coming to an end and I'm only here to help set the record straight and discuss topics of the Bible.

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The bible, but that gets us into that pesky thing about understanding prophecy and the book of Daniel and Revelation and the *gasp* Sabbath...

And we must ALL BOW before SDA reflections of these matters and as believers NOT THEREIN bowing, standing sinning and condemned and sentenced to possible ETERNAL DEATH. THIS IS the 'supposed' FRUIT that is brought to believers courtesy of the SDA reflections.

WHEN DID ANY PERSON or GROUP who has indwelling sin and evil present come up with PERFECT reflections? Did that happen somewhere along the trail of faith here and I MISSED it?

And they, though claiming NOT to follow the LAW and their understandings for JUSTIFICATIONS, still insist on OBEDIENCE only to THEIR reflections and if NOT, they are NOT justified because GOD MAY eternally KILL them.

No, they don't follow/obey the LAWs and their understandings for JUSTIFICATIONS....

sure, yeah, right....

Some of these 3 verbal 3 card Monty games are just too transparently FLAWED to let pass.

s

Upvote 0