dana3262

Jun 24, 2007
✟7,952.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
to listen to.

as far as christian music goes i like krystal meyers and flyleaf, any recommendations of other christian bands in similar genres?

most of the music i listen to isn't christian and i have no idea about christian bands basically, the ones i do know (above two) i've found by fluke.

thank you.

TheThrill

Man of God
Feb 11, 2008
✟15,371.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Hey! :cool:

Are you looking for female vocalists mainly? If so, I'd recommend Superchick (who I equate to Krystal Myers' sound) and you'd probably like Barlowgirl and Plumb as well.

Superchick's "Last One Picked" album is a little more hippity-hoppity, but it's still pretty good. I'm guessing you might like their "Beauty From Pain 1.1." album a little better.

Barlowgirl's "Another Journal Entry" album is pretty good. I haven't heard their other albums in their entirety to comment.

Other hard rock artist you may enjoy include:
Red (whose "End of Silence" album rocks)
Thousand Foot Krutch ("Set It Off" is my favorite album of theirs)
Seventh Day Slumber (all of their albums are pretty good, I'm partial to "Once Upon a Shattered Life")
Family Force 5 ("Business Up Front/Party in the Back")
Kutless (I'm partial to their original "Kutless" album)

....and on the even harder side of rock you may like Demon Hunter, Underoath (I don't care for Underoath personally) and Tourniquet is a band I like.

Hope you find some Christian artists you enjoy! There's lots of great stuff out there. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

swingnscream

more music - dance our troubles away
Jan 25, 2004
I roll with the foxes and hunt with the hounds
✟11,702.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
It's true, if you're looking for femal vocals in rock Barlow Girl and Superchick have the corner market in the Christian scene, but they're not the only ones around. Also Fireflight and Inhabited do very well for themselves (and out of the two I personally like Inhabited more)

But if you're not too worried about finding female vocals/fronts, then you might also enjoy some other bands like:

the Almost
As Cities Burn
Project 86
the Wedding
the Classic Crime
the Send

Upvote 0
Jun 29, 2007
Maryland
✟7,716.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
of course i would recommend Seventh Day Slumber...however, some of their songs are pretty deep and you might wanna read the band's story on their myspace to completely understand them...but i think they're awesome and recommend them to anyone who's into Christian rock

you can try:
Skillet
RED
Kutless (they've been said already but i second those recommendations)

if you're looking for Christian rock music you could also try Decyfer Down and Disciple...

Stephanie <3

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

googoodoll

Feb 27, 2008
✟15,123.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hey! :cool:

Are you looking for female vocalists mainly? If so, I'd recommend Superchick (who I equate to Krystal Myers' sound) and you'd probably like Barlowgirl and Plumb as well.

Superchick's "Last One Picked" album is a little more hippity-hoppity, but it's still pretty good. I'm guessing you might like their "Beauty From Pain 1.1." album a little better.

Barlowgirl's "Another Journal Entry" album is pretty good. I haven't heard their other albums in their entirety to comment.

Other hard rock artist you may enjoy include:
Red (whose "End of Silence" album rocks)
Thousand Foot Krutch ("Set It Off" is my favorite album of theirs)
Seventh Day Slumber (all of their albums are pretty good, I'm partial to "Once Upon a Shattered Life")
Family Force 5 ("Business Up Front/Party in the Back")
Kutless (I'm partial to their original "Kutless" album)

....and on the even harder side of rock you may like Demon Hunter, Underoath (I don't care for Underoath personally) and Tourniquet is a band I like.

Hope you find some Christian artists you enjoy! There's lots of great stuff out there. :thumbsup:
I have been listening to Jaci Valasquez – she is a British 4 time Grammy nominee who’s Christian music I just love. Woozyfly.com will be airing her live on March 5th!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CBentley9188

Feb 24, 2008
Nashville, TN
Visit site
✟7,692.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
You guys named some good stuff but I don't think you are really listening to what she likes. It sounds like you like the pop rock kinda of stuff. I highly recommend Barlow Girl and Superchick. For the Flyleaf fix, I'd go with Fireflight. If you don't care about female vocals, I recommend Skillet for the heavier fix (especially Comatose). I'd go with The Classic Crime, Needtobreathe, and Jackson Waters for the pop rock. It's not the bouncy blink-182/green day sounding pop-punk, but more solid rock with some amazing vocals and music. OH! And I almost forgot to mention Addison Road! Amazing music with an awesome female vocalist! Check these out and tell me what you think.

Upvote 0