So I lost almost 40 pounds since May of Last Year.

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
So in May of 2018 I weighed about 395 pounds. I weighed myself a few days ago and I weighed between 360 and 362 pounds (My scale fluctuates because I'm so heavy). So I lost almost 40 pounds since last year! Yay! So how did I do it? I ate less. That's virtually it. I barely exercise like at all. I exercise like maybe once or twice a month. But I was eating so many calories in a day before that I just kept gaining weight so I eventually said "You know what? Screw it. I won't eat as much I'm sick of being fat" So I lost almost 40 pounds doing that.

But to make me feel really good? I was on my way to see the nurse practitioner that I've been seeing in place of my old Psychiatrist and my medicaid driver asked me "Why is it so hard for you to get around are your legs shot like mine?" And I said "It's because I'm overweight." and she said "Well how much do you weigh if you don't mind me asking?" And I said "I am close to 400 pounds." and she said "Well you don't look it!" It made me feel kind of good. I mean I think she was lying to make me feel good but yeah... to me I look like I'm 430 pounds or so. But if she was telling me the truth than that must mean my weight loss is working and I might look to other people like I'm in the low 300's which is good.

So yeah! I'm excited to lose even more weight and get down to 350 pounds by the time spring starts. The only thing is the Nurse practitioner put me on a new Anti Psychotic medication called Latuda and you apparently have to take it with a 350 calorie meal. I took it with a 350 calorie snack yesterday after supper because I didn't get home until almost 4 o clock yesterday and lately I've been trying to eat a 150-200 calorie snack after supper time. So I guess I'll have to take my Latuda at lunch or supper time. I usually eat over 350 calories during those mealtimes naturally so... yeah.... But anyway I'll figure it out! I'm so excited to get down to 250 or 300 pounds! I'd feel SO much better if I did.

If this is in the wrong section can a mod move it for me? I wasn't sure what section to post this topic in.

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
So in May of 2018 I weighed about 395 pounds. I weighed myself a few days ago and I weighed between 360 and 362 pounds (My scale fluctuates because I'm so heavy). So I lost almost 40 pounds since last year! Yay! So how did I do it? I ate less. That's virtually it. I barely exercise like at all. I exercise like maybe once or twice a month. But I was eating so many calories in a day before that I just kept gaining weight so I eventually said "You know what? Screw it. I won't eat as much I'm sick of being fat" So I lost almost 40 pounds doing that.

But to make me feel really good? I was on my way to see the nurse practitioner that I've been seeing in place of my old Psychiatrist and my medicaid driver asked me "Why is it so hard for you to get around are your legs shot like mine?" And I said "It's because I'm overweight." and she said "Well how much do you weigh if you don't mind me asking?" And I said "I am close to 400 pounds." and she said "Well you don't look it!" It made me feel kind of good. I mean I think she was lying to make me feel good but yeah... to me I look like I'm 430 pounds or so. But if she was telling me the truth than that must mean my weight loss is working and I might look to other people like I'm in the low 300's which is good.

So yeah! I'm excited to lose even more weight and get down to 350 pounds by the time spring starts. The only thing is the Nurse practitioner put me on a new Anti Psychotic medication called Latuda and you apparently have to take it with a 350 calorie meal. I took it with a 350 calorie snack yesterday after supper because I didn't get home until almost 4 o clock yesterday and lately I've been trying to eat a 150-200 calorie snack after supper time. So I guess I'll have to take my Latuda at lunch or supper time. I usually eat over 350 calories during those mealtimes naturally so... yeah.... But anyway I'll figure it out! I'm so excited to get down to 250 or 300 pounds! I'd feel SO much better if I did.

If this is in the wrong section can a mod move it for me? I wasn't sure what section to post this topic in.
Congratulations! That’s great.

Reactions: ItIsFinished!
Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Congratulations! That’s great.

Thanks! I've lost over 100 pounds before (I used to weigh about 300 pounds before I met my wife) but ever since I met my wife I gained it all back and then some. I just figured I shouldn't be over 400 pounds because it's getting extremely difficult to move and whatnot. Eventually I will be able to move again when I get down to 300 pounds again. When I used to weigh 300 pounds I could walk like a 1/4 mile. Now I'm lucky if I can make it down to our mailbox. It's quite sad. Maybe I will start exercising once Spring comes. It's way too cold to exercise now.

Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Huzzah! And don't give up on the walking. I hope you can try it again in the spring.

Yeah if I get down to 350 pounds by then I should be able to walk a lot farther. I did notice a difference going from 395 to 362. When I was almost 400 lbs I couldn't move hardly at all. Now U can at least walk to my parents car when they come pick me up. Lol.

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

BWV 565

Mar 28, 2019
Scotland
✟10,768.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I know this was posted some time ago but congratulations. This is great news I hope you use your happiness as further motivation to reach your goal. I have great respect for anyone willing to better themselves and I wish you continued success.

God Bless,

J

Reactions: ItIsFinished!
Upvote 0