So Called "Christian Values" Cause an Unsafe Enviroment For Gays and Lesbians...

Polycarp1

Born-again Liberal Episcopalian
Sep 4, 2003
USA
✟25,875.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The last time I looked, the Gospel is, "Jesus died for you, that you might be saved; turn to him, and receive his salvation," not "Homosexuality is sinful." I'm simply amazed at which one gets preached more and harder around here.

Upvote 0

Forgiven_and_Redeemed

Sep 28, 2008
✟344.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The last time I looked, the Gospel is, "Jesus died for you, that you might be saved; turn to him, and receive his salvation," not "Homosexuality is sinful." I'm simply amazed at which one gets preached more and harder around here.

It is quite amazing... until you remember that this is the debate about homosexuality board. :idea:

Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Polycarp1 said:
It is quite amazing... until you remember that this is the debate about homosexuality board. :idea:

Yes, it IS "the debate about homosexuality" board. What it certainly is NOT is "the I'm a superior Christian than you are because YOU are 'gay' and 'I' am 'straight'" board.

When will presumed Christians learn that one's Christianity, one's salvation, is not based on one's sexual orientation but one's heart condition? When will they learn that God is not interested in anything BUT the heart? A homosexual can be just as effective a Christian as a divorcee/remarried or one with the righteousness of a 'filthy rag' such as yourself, F&R (Isaiah 64:6).

Furthermore, I defy any one of you to take me to task on the last statement that I made.

Upvote 0

Kerwin

Aug 20, 2008
✟8,060.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private

What bible are reading? You seem to have ignored Jesus' instruction to repent or perish. It is true that Jesus died for us but it was that we would be saved from our sins even as it is written:

Matthew 1:21 said:
21She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins."

One of those many sins happens to be acting in a homosexual manner. The question is do you believe what God says is true.

Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What bible are reading? You seem to have ignored Jesus' instruction to repent or perish. It is true that Jesus died for us but it was that we would be saved from our sins even as it is written:

One of those many sins happens to be acting in a homosexual manner. The question is do you believe what God says is true.

Who are you ...a 'fruit' inspector ...? How do you know who is repentent of their sins and who is not? How many of your own sins do you continually repent of but keep repeating anyway? If that is not the case then you've already attained perfection ...congratulations!

If I've learned anything from forums such as this it's the arrogance of professed Christians who have literally taken on the personna of God Himself. They forget that, scripturally speaking, one day they will have to stand and face God's judgment themselves. And, if one sin weighs 'heavier' than another it would have to be the sin of pride. There are many Christians who are burdened with that sin. They just don't seem to realize it.

Upvote 0