Virginia Beach, VA
✟669.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't mean sexually either. Me and my girlfriend have dozed off several times on the couch together, or we have taken naps after work when she comes over to visit.

And one time she feel asleep with me in my bed and ended up spending the night.

Is this a sin?

ummidrinkcherrycoke

cool like fonzie
Oct 12, 2003
Seattle
Visit site
✟783.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No I don't think so. As long as you didnt do anything I think you're fine. I've been in the same situation a couple of times and have felt a little guilty about it. Not because of what happened but because of what could of happened. In that situation getting physical is just a little to tempting for me. I'd just watch out If I's you.

Upvote 0

Clay

Clay in the Potter's Hand
Feb 6, 2002
New Hampshire
Visit site
✟1,755.00
Faith
Protestant
avoid all appearance of evil. remember, neither you nor myself or anyone on this earth is incapable of any sin in the books. we can all end up doing the unthinkable. like you said yourself, first it was dozing off accidently on the couch, then actual naps, and now she actually slept in your bed overnight. its the small things that lead to the greater things. i say you're walking on a very thin fence and its best to get down now rather than try your "luck".

Upvote 0

doclkk

Dec 4, 2003
✟7,726.00
Faith
Christian
ok, dozing off on the couch and taking naps are essentially the same thing. Sleeping in the same bed, i really don't see what's wrong with that.

I enjoy sleeping together with my girlfriend, that is not to say I am going to have sex with her, waking up to the girl you love is a feeling that is unexplainable. I'm sure the author of the post would agree.

Upvote 0
K

Knarf188

It's happened to me... Dozing off with my Gf... but eventually it leads to more things... even though our relationship was not Christ-Centered... it's just like living with that temptation I guess... like its possible to act on it... some people think it is easier to just live without the temptation others dont mind it... I would pray on it... and if you feel at all moved to do more things with your gf... RUN haha... or just talk about it... but prayer/reading is the best answer... through all these things your focus should be the glory of God... take kare and God Bless...
In Christ,
Frank

Upvote 0

msjones21

Nov 26, 2003
Atlanta, GA
✟3,674.00
Faith
Pagan
No offense, but are you the same guy who told someone to "be a man" and just have sex with his girlfriend on another thread? If so, I'm not exactly sure why you're so concerned if taking a nap together is sinful but either way I'll answer your question.

Does it feel sinful? Does it cause either one of you to have sexual thoughts? Does it sexually arouse either one of you? Does it make either one of you feel guilty afterwards? I don't honestly believe the actual sleeping together part is sinful. I think lying down and being pressed up against one another's bodies is sinful because there's almost no way that wouldn't be somewhat arousing. Also, as Clay wonderfully put, one small thing leads to another. Pretty soon you'll be justifying taking naps with little clothing on. After that becomes less than thrilling it will be napping while undressed. After that...you get the picture. And I'm sorry, nobody "accidentally" spends the night. Sure, you can use that as an excuse but the question remains, why didn't anyone exercise discretion and say "ya know what? It's getting late. I should go home"?

I enjoy sleeping together with my girlfriend, that is not to say I am going to have sex with her, waking up to the girl you love is a feeling that is unexplainable. I'm sure the author of the post would agree.
That "feeling" is one of those feelings of "oneness" you should only experience with your spouse. The longer your "no big deal" list is before marriage, the shorter your "very special" list will be after marriage.

Christians, stop justifying your actions! We are not to crave the things of the world. Don't buy into the lies of satan that just because it "feels good" means it's okay! Don't buy into the lie that you two can control yourselves and not go "all the way"! What good is "technical" sexual purity when God asks us to give Him our entire body? Don't buy into the lie that it's acceptable to engage in these acts before marriage. Brothers and sisters in Christ you are being deceived by satan.

Reactions: Kaylynn
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lia

Be Thou My Vision
Jan 12, 2004
Greeley, CO
✟16,206.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I would not say it's a sin to sleep literally with your girlfriend on the couch, but do you think is it a wise thing to do? Do you think that it honors God to be sleeping in the same bed with your gf/bf? Search your heart and ask yourself what is your motivation.

Don't just go with feeling, but ask God for wisdom and ways to honor Him even for simple things in your life. Listen to the Holy Spirit and obey Him. God looks at our hearts, after all. That is a true worship.

God's standard is high for Holiness. Just read Ephesians 5:3 - But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people.

Don't put yourself in a place where you know you will be easily tempted and fall.

Just my .2 cent.

Upvote 0

JOYfulbeliever

Oct 10, 2002
✟3,922.00
Faith
Baptist
msjones21 said:
That "feeling" is one of those feelings of "oneness" you should only experience with your spouse. The longer your "no big deal" list is before marriage, the shorter your "very special" list will be after marriage.
msjones, that was a GREAT post...but this part especially took the cake. What truth is said in those words! Bless you -

Upvote 0

welshchick

Reformed Calvinist
Jan 13, 2004
✟551.00
Faith
Christian
in my opinion i don't think that act was sinful, but you do have to be careful - as other members have said, it could actually lead you into sinning as you get used to it.

also, you should bear in mind that as Christians we are to witness to others. what would your next-door neighbour think if she noticed that you'd spent the night together (even though you didnt have sex) - they wouldn't know that and would most likely jump to the conclusion that you did. It's not giving a very good witness by doing that.
i'd just be very careful in the future and not let it happen again.

Upvote 0

Breetai

For I am not ashamed of the Gospel...
Dec 3, 2003
✟23,820.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Thank you MsJones21. You know exactly what you are talking about. At least some people here have some sence.

I've done the whole 'taking naps with my girlfriend' thing before. It has lead to more with nearly everyone of my former gfs. I would advise against it, for the same reasons that MsJones said.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mamaneenie

Oct 30, 2003
Australia
✟18,646.00
Faith
Christian
msjones21 said:
Does it feel sinful? Does it cause either one of you to have sexual thoughts? Does it sexually arouse either one of you? Does it make either one of you feel guilty afterwards? I don't honestly believe the actual sleeping together part is sinful. I think lying down and being pressed up against one another's bodies is sinful because there's almost no way that wouldn't be somewhat arousing. Also, as Clay wonderfully put, one small thing leads to another. Pretty soon you'll be justifying taking naps with little clothing on. After that becomes less than thrilling it will be napping while undressed. After that...you get the picture. And I'm sorry, nobody "accidentally" spends the night. Sure, you can use that as an excuse but the question remains, why didn't anyone exercise discretion and say "ya know what? It's getting late. I should go home"?

Christians, stop justifying your actions! We are not to crave the things of the world. Don't buy into the lies of satan that just because it "feels good" means it's okay! Don't buy into the lie that you two can control yourselves and not go "all the way"! What good is "technical" sexual purity when God asks us to give Him our entire body? Don't buy into the lie that it's acceptable to engage in these acts before marriage. Brothers and sisters in Christ you are being deceived by satan.
Very well written, I couldn't have said it better myself. This is exactly the sort of thing that happened with my husband and I (I was a pregnant bride to put it simply) Be careful, be really careful.

Upvote 0

ummidrinkcherrycoke

cool like fonzie
Oct 12, 2003
Seattle
Visit site
✟783.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Just because a couple of you have had problems with this situation in the past Doesnt mean that this situation is a problem for the rest of us. If I'm taking a nap I'm taking a nap and personally I dont get aroused everytime I come in contact with a female. It all has to do with the individual and just because something is tempting to you doesnt mean its tempting to the rest of us. We all have different boundaries and just because someone has different boundaries than you do doesnt make them wrong.

Upvote 0

msjones21

Nov 26, 2003
Atlanta, GA
✟3,674.00
Faith
Pagan
Just because a couple of you have had problems with this situation in the past Doesnt mean that this situation is a problem for the rest of us. If I'm taking a nap I'm taking a nap and personally I dont get aroused everytime I come in contact with a female. It all has to do with the individual and just because something is tempting to you doesnt mean its tempting to the rest of us. We all have different boundaries and just because someone has different boundaries than you do doesnt make them wrong.
That's not the point. The point is that the Bible is very clear when it says "flee sexual immorality". Flee doesn't mean to walk away at a slow pace. It means when you see that something could potentially lead to something sinful that you turn around and bolt. Laying down and pressing your body against your boyfriend or girlfriend isn't fleeing sexual immorality...it's iniviting it in. Not to mention, what is the point of taking a nap together if it isn't to lie down and press your body against someone?

Upvote 0