• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Sleep all day

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubtingThomas29

Mar 4, 2007
✟9,402.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Hello Lazywinde,

I don't reccommend sleeping all day, that is not good. Because what can happen, is if you sleep all day, then you won't be able to sleep at night and it will throw your whole sleep cycle off and you won't be able to function too good. Honestly, wht I find is that if you don't sleep for a solid seven to ten hours, then you will walking around feeling grogy if you don't sleep at least seven hours.

Personnally, I become maniac, if I don't sleep right, and it is awful. So you take care, and do what you can to stay awake at least until 8:00 pm if you can. THat is what I would do if I were you.

Sincerely yours,

Thomas

:angel:

Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

WhiteRain

Jan 16, 2007
✟8,072.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I'm in an endless cycle...

First I'm tired because I didn't sleep right that night, then I sleep all day which makes me more tired, then I don't sleep well at night because I slept all day-- :mad: :cry: :sigh:

In the meantime, it seems I don't have the time or energy to exercise, which I heard helps to relieve depression and keep you 'awake' during the day.

My main problem is I spend all night worrying about tomorrow (or even next week!) - I've got to learn to just relax......... :sleep:

Upvote 0

LazeyWinde

Blue Girl in a Spacey Haze
Nov 17, 2006
Connecticut
Visit site
✟16,127.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I know I gotta get up earlier than I have been getting up... And probably should get to bed earlier too.
It just seems like it takes too much to get out of bed when I wake up... And then I don't e ven feel like sleeping until the wee hours of the morning.
I know I'm on a really bad sleep schedule and it's a struggle to get on a decent one... and when I do get on a decent sleep schedule it lasts for a week tops before I either wind up staying up all night for something and/or sleeping in till well past noon.
It's frustrating being me.

Upvote 0

LazeyWinde

Blue Girl in a Spacey Haze
Nov 17, 2006
Connecticut
Visit site
✟16,127.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I know how you feel. I would love to sleep allllllll dayyyyyy!!! But I have a problem even going to sleep. I hope it gets better for you.
Yeah I get really bad insomnia sometimes too. I hate it when I'm tired but just can't fall asleep. :(

Upvote 0

blankgirl

Jan 12, 2007
✟16,470.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hi lazeywinde... i know how its like! for me, i have to be in college to attend classes in the day. and i can hardly concentrate because im SOOO TIREDD!!! so i keep nodding off during lessons. then wen i come back from my lessons, i am so tired! but i have to learn my lessons by meself since i didnt pay attention! ARGH. yeah its so draggggyyyy isn it! :hug:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.