Skinny Dipping

iamauthentic

Aug 22, 2012
✟8,426.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
yeah man. you shouldnt have done that. modesty goes both ways. its not just a woman thing. honestly, it just simply wasnt appropriate. i agree with thesquirrel king. he's hit it right on the mark.

just because nothing happened doesnt justify it my man. thats pretty awesome that nothing happened tho. quite honestly it sounds like a miracle to me. but you shouldnt do it again.

Upvote 0

iamauthentic

Aug 22, 2012
✟8,426.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm afraid you made a mistake, bro. The naked body (among men and women) is something that only husband and wife were intended to share. There is a few reasons for this. 1) The adventure: Sex with your wife is supposed to be an exiting adventure, and your wife is supposed to be the first person you share this with. You may have not been turned on during this experience (which I find unlikely) but, nonetheless a woman having already having seen you naked is likely to decrease some of the adventure of doing it with your wife. 2) The arousal: Men were created to be highly sexual. It is extremely difficult for a man not to become aroused be the mere thought that a girl seeing him naked. Most women do not fully comprehend the extent to which most men are like this. I suspect that might be the case with your friend. 3) Nudity is intended to be all symbolic act showing that you're giving all of yourself to your spouse and holding nothing back. Your future wife, after all, is the one being, other than God, that you will ever experience intimacy with on Earth. When you are nude, you are bare and you have nothing to hide. I might sound overly antaliticle, but sex is a hugely significant gift God has given us and it should not be taken lightly. I confess, I am not yet married, but this subject is one that I feel deeply about. I have strong desire to experience the thrill of nudity among members of the opposiste sex, but I know this is one of the most destructive things I could do to myself. I have fallen many times, just by putting my heart in the wrong place and allowing myself to fantasize. I even have tonight. But I force myself to look on, and wait to experience those pleasures alone with only my future wife.

Quoted for truth!

Upvote 0

iamauthentic

Aug 22, 2012
✟8,426.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
its not just nakedness. its not like we are going comdemn seeing a baby naked or an elderly person naked. when you are attracted to the opposite sex or even the same sex you should not purposefully see them naked. why allow wickedness that opportunity to tempt you? is it really worth it? there is much harm that could resutl and absolutely zero good that could result.

Upvote 0

Nextstep

Aug 1, 2012
✟8,159.00
Faith
Christian
TheSquireKing said:
I'm afraid you made a mistake, bro. The naked body (among men and women) is something that only husband and wife were intended to share. There is a few reasons for this. 1) The adventure: Sex with your wife is supposed to be an exiting adventure, and your wife is supposed to be the first person you share this with. You may have not been turned on during this experience (which I find unlikely) but, nonetheless a woman having already having seen you naked is likely to decrease some of the adventure of doing it with your wife. 2) The arousal: Men were created to be highly sexual. It is extremely difficult for a man not to become aroused be the mere thought that a girl seeing him naked. Most women do not fully comprehend the extent to which most men are like this. I suspect that might be the case with your friend. 3) Nudity is intended to be all symbolic act showing that you're giving all of yourself to your spouse and holding nothing back. Your future wife, after all, is the one being, other than God, that you will ever experience intimacy with on Earth. When you are nude, you are bare and you have nothing to hide. I might sound overly antaliticle, but sex is a hugely significant gift God has given us and it should not be taken lightly. I confess, I am not yet married, but this subject is one that I feel deeply about. I have strong desire to experience the thrill of nudity among members of the opposiste sex, but I know this is one of the most destructive things I could do to myself. I have fallen many times, just by putting my heart in the wrong place and allowing myself to fantasize. I even have tonight. But I force myself to look on, and wait to experience those pleasures alone with only my future wife.

Very well-said!

Upvote 0

Nextstep

Aug 1, 2012
✟8,159.00
Faith
Christian
iamauthentic said:
its not just nakedness. its not like we are going comdemn seeing a baby naked or an elderly person naked. when you are attracted to the opposite sex or even the same sex you should not purposefully see them naked. why allow wickedness that opportunity to tempt you? is it really worth it? there is much harm that could resutl and absolutely zero good that could result.

I agreed!

Upvote 0

Person of

Ο άγγελος του υποκόσμου
Aug 25, 2012
Dallas, Texas
✟15,310.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Practice self-control. No matter where you go, temptation will arise. I will not let the Devil drive me from natural, ordinary, harmless, practices. I have too much pride and integrity to shrivel up in a cave away from temptation.

Not everyone has the same strengths and weaknesses, though. If you find yourself weak in those situations, then pray, seek strength from God, and if that isn't enough, refrain from those situations. But don't think everyone is incapable of handling it well.

Upvote 0

Nextstep

Aug 1, 2012
✟8,159.00
Faith
Christian
To be honest, if I don't guard my mind, I could play with my curiosity and "imagine" how a naked man must have look like and dwell on that impure thoughts and defile myself. I'm walking in the Light and yet I could be tempted this way. My point is we are still weak in the flesh and in a strong battle. We cannot afford to take things lightly and fall into the Enemy's subtle bait. We have to be vigilant at all times. But I commend you, Gordiehowe, for your honesty and teachable spirit. We can take the lesson from here and be wiser through God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

iamauthentic

Aug 22, 2012
✟8,426.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Practice self-control. No matter where you go, temptation will arise. I will not let the Devil drive me from natural, ordinary, harmless, practices. I have too much pride and integrity to shrivel up in a cave away from temptation.

Not everyone has the same strengths and weaknesses, though. If you find yourself weak in those situations, then pray, seek strength from God, and if that isn't enough, refrain from those situations. But don't think everyone is incapable of handling it well.

please explain to me how seeing the opposite sex naked is natural, ordinary, and harmless.

actually, it doesnt matter. lets just agree to disagree.

EDIT: do you not know that we have presentable and unpresentable parts of the body? 1 Corinthians 12:23-24. our private parts are unpresentable and therefore should not be shown frivolously to others.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Person of

Ο άγγελος του υποκόσμου
Aug 25, 2012
Dallas, Texas
✟15,310.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
please explain to me how seeing the opposite sex naked is natural, ordinary, and harmless.

actually, it doesnt matter. lets just agree to disagree.
I've seen many naked people in my lifetime. Family, friends, etc. I didn't die.

To be honest, if I don't guard my mind, I could play with my curiosity and "imagine" how a naked man must have look like and dwell on that impure thoughts and defile myself. I'm walking in the Light and yet I could be tempted this way. My point is we are still weak in the flesh and in a strong battle. We cannot afford to take things lightly and fall into the Enemy's subtle bait. We have to be vigilant at all times. But I commend you, Gordiehowe, for your honesty and teachable spirit. We can take the lesson from here and be wiser through God.
The Devil wants us to be preoccupied with matters as insignificant as this. The Devil is glad that these are the things Christians are struggling with. He's glad because, the more he tempts us with insignificant matters, the more we struggle with them. The more we struggle with them, we become less attentive to God, who is already struggling to get his voice heard by his children.

The goal of the Devil is for these type of matters to be at the forefront. Do you really think the Devil particularly cares if you or I sin? He doesn't even know who we are. You know his goal on Earth, as do I.

Upvote 0

iamauthentic

Aug 22, 2012
✟8,426.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've seen many naked people in my lifetime. Family, friends, etc. I didn't die.

yeah, ive struggled with inappropriate contentography addiction, sexual immorality with past girlfriends, cursing, lying ect. i didnt die. is this justification that these things arent sin? you did not answer my question.

i am sorry for getting so flustered over your comments. i said lets agree to disagree and obviously we have not done that. listen, i love you as a brother in Christ and i respect your opinion but i have to say that, in my opinion, you are wrong.

Upvote 0

Person of

Ο άγγελος του υποκόσμου
Aug 25, 2012
Dallas, Texas
✟15,310.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
yeah, ive struggled with inappropriate contentography addiction, sexual immorality with past girlfriends, cursing, lying ect. i didnt die. is this justification that these things arent sin? you did not answer my question.

i am sorry for getting so flustered over your comments. i said lets agree to disagree and obviously we have not done that. listen, i love you as a brother in Christ and i respect your opinion but i have to say that, in my opinion, you are wrong.
Why are you comparing sin to nakedness? What is wrong about seeing others naked (without lust, of course)?

Explain to me how I'm wrong.

Upvote 0

Nextstep

Aug 1, 2012
✟8,159.00
Faith
Christian
Person of, I actually don't care about what the devil thinks and is up to. I only care about my walk in purity with God, because He has always been gracious and loving to me and out of gratitude, I try to offer my body as a living sacrifice to Him daily. And although I have self-control by His grace, I know I have to lay aside everything that can cause me to weaken later on. There is no light matter before the Lord. I have to remain humble and dependent on Him by staying away from anything that is not beneficial. "Everything is permissible but not everything is beneficial."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Person of

Ο άγγελος του υποκόσμου
Aug 25, 2012
Dallas, Texas
✟15,310.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
did you not see my edit? its sin man. we have unpresentable parts. i dont know what to tell you. our private parts are unpresentable. how can you just say, "no, its fine" when its in the bible? and New Testament at that.
The majority of Christians do not follow the Bible to the dot. I'm sure you don't, and probably don't even realize it.

If you follow every single rule in the Bible without context, then you could easily be manipulated.

The 10 Commandments. Those are the only rules that are set in stone. All other things, God will convict you of.

Person of, I actually don't care about what the devil thinks and is up to. I only care about my walk in purity with God, because He has always been gracious and loving to me and out of gratitude, I try to offer my body as a living sacrifice to Him daily. And although I have self-control by His grace, I know I have to lay aside everything that can cause me to weaken later on. There is no light matter before the Lord. I have to remain humble and dependent on Him by staying away from anything that is not beneficial. "Everything is permissible but not everything is beneficial."
Your dedication to God is admirable.

Upvote 0

Nextstep

Aug 1, 2012
✟8,159.00
Faith
Christian
Person of said:
Why are you comparing sin to nakedness? What is wrong about seeing others naked (without lust, of course)?

Explain to me how I'm wrong.

Pls be careful bro. I was more or less like you BEFORE I fell for a major slip recently. I never thought I could fall for a certain kind of temptation and yet I did. I was humbled and I begged God to rescue me and protect me from the consequences of it. Out of His lovingkindness, mercy, and grace, He did deliver and protect me and so I resolved to be vigilant now and dedicated to Him more than ever. It's a hard lesson I learned.

Upvote 0

Person of

Ο άγγελος του υποκόσμου
Aug 25, 2012
Dallas, Texas
✟15,310.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Pls be careful bro. I was more or less like you BEFORE I fell for a major slip recently. I never thought I could fall for a certain kind of temptation and yet I did. I was humbled and I begged God to rescue me and protect me from the consequences of it. Out of His lovingkindness, mercy, and grace, He did deliver and protect me and so I resolved to be vigilant now and dedicated to Him more than ever. It's a hard lesson I learned.
We're different people with different struggles. You're dealing with sexual temptation, after you get over that, you'll deal with other temptations/struggles. I've already dealt with sexual temptation and have gotten over it.

It's nice to see that you really do love God. Everyone makes mistakes, but you haven't done as bad as I have in my life. Be thankful for that.

Upvote 0

iamauthentic

Aug 22, 2012
✟8,426.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The majority of Christians do not follow the Bible to the dot. I'm sure you don't, and probably don't even realize it.

If you follow every single rule in the Bible without context, then you could easily be manipulated.

The 10 Commandments. Those are the only rules that are set in stone. All other things, God will convict you of.

Your dedication to God is admirable.

point blank. i try to follow the New Testament to a T. ofcoarse i fail. everyone fails. and i dont know everything and i cant know everything. but what the Lord has shown me i try my absolute hardest to adhere by. it is scriptural that our private areas are unpresentable. i am not taking that out of context. there is not one thing in the New Testament that we can say "no, that doesnt apply today because that was only for things that happened thousands of years ago." now, some things can be misinterpreted. this is not one of those things. it is explicitly stated. we are not to be nude because we have unpresentable parts.

i am not saying that i successfully adhere to what the Bible says. and i know i am doing things wrong that i am not even aware of but i trust the Lord will reveal them to me. you can not argue with this scripture and say its out of context. Christ came and set forth the New Covenant so that it will always be applicable in any and every walk of live. it is always relevant and it is always in context.

Upvote 0